+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Quote Originally Posted by Pate View Post
    Same results as the others, but I started only in October. General thickening that others have noticed and good growth of slightly thicker and darker than vellus.

You guys whinging about it not working need to keep in mind that five months isn't enough time for any terminal growth. New hairs will be AT MOST in their second cycle. Most will still be in their first treatment affected cycle. Even Fin takes 12 months to work properly and 2 years to reach its full effect.

It may be that these hairs stop getting thicker and just keep cycling at this 'thick dark vellus' stage, but none of us have been going long enough to know yet.

The very first new dark hairs at my hairline appeared four weeks in. They grew to at least 1cm long (before I buzzed them) so the end of anagen would be at LEAST two months in. Then there would be three to four months of catagen and telogen. Then another two weeks to see the new anagen hair. So at least five or six months to even see the very first second phase hair. Maybe more, because I don't know how long those new hairs were in anagen for. All I know is they are still there (buzzed short but identifiable because they are pigmented) so they haven't shedded yet.

So of course it's going to look like you get some early results and then it plateaus. Even if a full cure comes out it is probably going to look exactly the same, because it will take two or three cycles for the hair follicle to reverse the damage and go back to full terminal. I will update when those hairs do shed and regrow their second phase under treatment. If they are the same as the first phase I'll know I've probably reached as far as I'll get with this treatment.
    Very good explanation , I really like that , thanks ,I do rolling too. so is it the same story with using minoxidil do you guess? So every treatment needs 12 months at least to see the real result?

What is your procedure with this Pate, once a week?