+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Question Dermarolling protocol - success or fail?

Just a quick 'hands up' thread, for anyone who's 1. still following the dermarolling protocol discovered last July (1.5mm rolling once a week, minoxidil 6 days a week) with some degree of progress 2. who gave up due to no visible results and 3. who got some minor regrowth but gave up as it all just wasn't worth it.

5 months in, all activity on this new front has faded away apart from a few excitable people over on ***, so I'm wondering whether or not to dump my roller in the bin and move on.

I've been on the dermaroller almost from the very beggining of the original thread. What is it?, 5 months maybe... I'm not sure...

I did not get the results the study exposed. And as such, I would say this is a failure.

I do have very small new hairs. They are completely new, and I have been on minox for years already, so I know they are from the dermaroller. This new hairs are useless and of no cometic value. Will they grow?... I don't know... If they do then it will be awesome, but I don't really think they will...
    Anyway, while I can now say that study is bollocks, I'm still going to keep using the dermaroller for all 2014. I just want to see if those small hairs will grow or not, and I think a year shoulb be enough to know beyond any doubt. At this point I don't care anymore about the study, just about those small hairs.

It has take me years to lose all the hair I have, I think if I ever regain it, it will probably be as slow as it was to lose it...

Quote Originally Posted by chimera View Post
    I've been on the dermaroller almost from the very beggining of the original thread. What is it?, 5 months maybe... I'm not sure...

I did not get the results the study exposed. And as such, I would say this is a failure.

I do have very small new hairs. They are completely new, and I have been on minox for years already, so I know they are from the dermaroller. This new hairs are useless and of no cometic value. Will they grow?... I don't know... If they do then it will be awesome, but I don't really think they will...
    I'm going to keep using the dermaroller for all 2014.
    Whats your regimen?

Minox twice a day (except for the rolling day).

Ketoconazole daily. I leave it on the scalp for 30 minutes. I've been on it for years too.

And dermaroller once every two weeks. I go pretty rough though...

Quote Originally Posted by chimera View Post
    Minox twice a day (except for the rolling day).

Ketoconazole daily. I leave it on the scalp for 30 minutes. I've been on it for years too.

And dermaroller once every two weeks. I go pretty rough though...
    Get off of the Ketoconazole, reduce it to 2-3 times a week and wait at least a day (preferably two) before using it.

I have notice that I can stick the dr to the front part of my head and it can hang there like I was stabbed. Front part seems to have gotten thicker skin. No ground breaking event's I now dr once every 3-4 weeks. I got tired off looking like I was in a fight with a cat.

I really think you need to take a month or more break for your hair to catch up basically, I cut/pull out hair rolling and I have a shed 4 days after I roll, I am doing the 12 weeks like the study and going monthly or 6 weeks between rolls. 3 more rolls to go weekly, I am hopefull I may see some results

Tenth week rolling and minox twice a week. No results. It sucks, but I will keep going. I LOL at the guys on ************ who say this is a cure. Definitely not from the results I have seen. WHY DO WE HAVE TO LOSE HAIR? I have had a horrible hair day and just want to cry. Please something come out in 2014 or 2015. I am sick of this shit.

Quote Originally Posted by deuce View Post
    Tenth week rolling and minox twice a week. No results. It sucks, but I will keep going. I LOL at the guys on ************ who say this is a cure. Definitely not from the results I have seen. WHY DO WE HAVE TO LOSE HAIR? I have had a horrible hair day and just want to cry. Please something come out in 2014 or 2015. I am sick of this shit.
    Same. I've been getting really really fed up with it. I'm almost certain I've been turned down by a girl because of my hair. ****in superficial bitch lol.
    Hope we can get somewhere with this in 2014.

As far as my derma experience, I have grown a few stray hairs on temples and hairline but they're very weak and sparse. Whether they will improve over time I will have to see. I'm still going to use a d.r in the future and would note update soon.

My hair's thinner than ever when regularly rolling. (I'm a Big 3 user, so I'm not just sitting back complacently letting myself go bald.) Only hope for this is if the rolling puts your scalp and follicles into an embryonic state ready to grow new and/or thicker hairs.