Dermarolling protocol - success or fail?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mrblazer
    • Jun 2013

I completed the study and I have to say this has helped me. My hair thickened up and it did not look as thin. I am now rolling every two weeks which I think is enough. It's not much hassle and I have seen results so I will be continuing through 2014

Comment

• Number47
      • Oct 2013

Originally posted by ryan555
      The group with the dermarolling had dramatically better results than the group with minoxidil alone. It's also known that wounds cause the body to release growth factors, so it's not without a scientific basis.
      If it had better results it can be explained with added absorption of minoxidil since there is micro wounding all over the scalp! In the skin studies with the derma roller there was better absorption of the vitamin A and C creams that were used. In fact some derma roller critics believe that the increase in collagen production in the study was due to the better absorption of the vitamin Aa dn C creams not of the derma roller it self.

Don't get me wrong i like the concept of derma rolling and what it does for the skin but for hairloss... without minox people at best will get very beautiful bald scalps after all this derma rolling ( though some claim that is not good to speed up and provoke all this skin healing constantly)

Comment

• saintsfan92344
        • Nov 2013

Originally posted by Number47
        If it had better results it can be explained with added absorption of minoxidil since there is micro wounding all over the scalp! In the skin studies with the derma roller there was better absorption of the vitamin A and C creams that were used. In fact some derma roller critics believe that the increase in collagen production in the study was due to the better absorption of the vitamin Aa dn C creams not of the derma roller it self.

Don't get me wrong i like the concept of derma rolling and what it does for the skin but for hairloss... without minox people at best will get very beautiful bald scalps after all this derma rolling ( though some claim that is not good to speed up and provoke all this skin healing constantly)
        Not hating or doubting but that's the first I have heard of Vit a & c creams and critics, if you could clarify

Comment

• hellouser
          • May 2012

Originally posted by saintsfan92344
          Not hating or doubting but that's the first I have heard of Vit a & c creams and critics, if you could clarify
          LOL, why would anyone assume youre hating? Questioning, doubting and explaining the reasoning behind even for curiosities sake is HEALTHY.

It's not like Squeegee is on BTT to cry about 'haters'.

Comment

• saintsfan92344
            • Nov 2013

Originally posted by hellouser
            LOL, why would anyone assume youre hating? Questioning, doubting and explaining the reasoning behind even for curiosities sake is HEALTHY.

It's not like Squeegee is on BTT to cry about 'haters'.
            LOL That is my disclaimer for everything on these forums, and you know why, I try to be logical and consider everything, take any info in and consider it correct until I can prove it wrong in my head with ACTUAL facts and proof, arguments are great with logic applied but that doesn't always happen as we know

Comment

• Number47
              • Oct 2013

thats ok, i am no expert its good to doubt thats what makes us research more on this treatments.

read this article

also this

Comment

• Pentarou
                • Apr 2013

Looks like Squeegee has been banned from *** permanently.

Comment

• Pate
                  • Sep 2011

Same results as the others, but I started only in October. General thickening that others have noticed and good growth of slightly thicker and darker than vellus.

You guys whinging about it not working need to keep in mind that five months isn't enough time for any terminal growth. New hairs will be AT MOST in their second cycle. Most will still be in their first treatment affected cycle. Even Fin takes 12 months to work properly and 2 years to reach its full effect.

It may be that these hairs stop getting thicker and just keep cycling at this 'thick dark vellus' stage, but none of us have been going long enough to know yet.

The very first new dark hairs at my hairline appeared four weeks in. They grew to at least 1cm long (before I buzzed them) so the end of anagen would be at LEAST two months in. Then there would be three to four months of catagen and telogen. Then another two weeks to see the new anagen hair. So at least five or six months to even see the very first second phase hair. Maybe more, because I don't know how long those new hairs were in anagen for. All I know is they are still there (buzzed short but identifiable because they are pigmented) so they haven't shedded yet.

So of course it's going to look like you get some early results and then it plateaus. Even if a full cure comes out it is probably going to look exactly the same, because it will take two or three cycles for the hair follicle to reverse the damage and go back to full terminal. I will update when those hairs do shed and regrow their second phase under treatment. If they are the same as the first phase I'll know I've probably reached as far as I'll get with this treatment.

Comment

• saintsfan92344
                    • Nov 2013

Originally posted by Pate
                    Same results as the others, but I started only in October. General thickening that others have noticed and good growth of slightly thicker and darker than vellus.

You guys whinging about it not working need to keep in mind that five months isn't enough time for any terminal growth. New hairs will be AT MOST in their second cycle. Most will still be in their first treatment affected cycle. Even Fin takes 12 months to work properly and 2 years to reach its full effect.

It may be that these hairs stop getting thicker and just keep cycling at this 'thick dark vellus' stage, but none of us have been going long enough to know yet.

The very first new dark hairs at my hairline appeared four weeks in. They grew to at least 1cm long (before I buzzed them) so the end of anagen would be at LEAST two months in. Then there would be three to four months of catagen and telogen. Then another two weeks to see the new anagen hair. So at least five or six months to even see the very first second phase hair. Maybe more, because I don't know how long those new hairs were in anagen for. All I know is they are still there (buzzed short but identifiable because they are pigmented) so they haven't shedded yet.

So of course it's going to look like you get some early results and then it plateaus. Even if a full cure comes out it is probably going to look exactly the same, because it will take two or three cycles for the hair follicle to reverse the damage and go back to full terminal. I will update when those hairs do shed and regrow their second phase under treatment. If they are the same as the first phase I'll know I've probably reached as far as I'll get with this treatment.

At least you are having some results, any shedding.?? i have been shedding steady since my 3rd week, at 11 now, with a 2 week break with no shed, but do have a shed 4 days post roll. Its a pretty good hit in hair count especially at my temples, use minox 1x day so shedding could be minox or DR and definately a little shock loss.
                    Are you going to keep rolling indefinately or give it a break??

Comment

• Pate
                      • Sep 2011

At least you are having some results, any shedding.?? i have been shedding steady since my 3rd week, at 11 now, with a 2 week break with no shed, but do have a shed 4 days post roll. Its a pretty good hit in hair count especially at my temples, use minox 1x day so shedding could be minox or DR and definately a little shock loss.
                      Are you going to keep rolling indefinately or give it a break??
                      I always have bad shedding of vellus but after 3 weeks it suddenly stopped. I used to count count 50+ hairs on my hands when I shampoo my scalp (with non-SLS shampoo) but now it is less than 10.

I am on fin too though so maybe that is stopping my shock loss? After all that is what happens with HTs.

Comment

• Parsia
                        • Dec 2013

Originally posted by Pate

Very good explanation , I really like that , thanks ,I do rolling too. so is it the same story with using minoxidil do you guess? So every treatment needs 12 months at least to see the real result?

Comment

• JDW
                          • Mar 2012

What is your procedure with this Pate, once a week?

Comment

Working...