+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

So now people are admitting they don't see any results?
    What about the other results people bragged about just a month ago?

What a joke, at least the cycle for this fad is coming to an end
    I still want to know the truth behind the study, some people claimed the researchers had a clinic where they were offering the procedure

It creates vellus hairs and stunted stubby pigmented hairs, but not full terminal hairs. Trouble is we need to buzz someone's head, before and after, to judge results, but stunted non-terminal hairs look the same as terminal hairs when grade 1 length.

*** is the only forum with active threads at the moment, but you're not allowed to say 'this doesn't work quite so well' or you get attacked viciously within 15 seconds. Also, there they seem into the whole macho bloodshed thing, with photos, and are completely non objective.

If it is creating vellus hairs, doesn't it stand to reason that it may help maintain what you have? Maintenance alone is worthwhile, even with no regrowth.

Quote Originally Posted by Pentarou View Post
    *** is the only forum with active threads at the moment, but you're not allowed to say 'this doesn't work quite so well' or you get attacked viciously within 15 seconds. Also, there they seem into the whole macho bloodshed thing, with photos, and are completely non objective.
    The mods at *** need to take serious action on Squeegee's ridiculous behaviour. His contributions on proactive can stay, but his humiliation of members needs to be taken out.

Quote Originally Posted by ryan555 View Post
    If it is creating vellus hairs, doesn't it stand to reason that it may help maintain what you have? Maintenance alone is worthwhile, even with no regrowth.
    Agreed.

Save the hair we do have now with less grafts needed for any HT with regen needed or better results with other treatments. However, being 2014 the treatments we do have are absolutely disgusting... full out cure should have been a reality a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by ryan555 View Post
    And despite the poor quality of my results, this is exactly the reason I plan to continue on the dermaroller. It has given me a ton of vellus hair. Well not really, that is, mine are not vellus hair. This are more than mere vellus hair, this are black hairs (but very small anyway nad they are not getting any longer).

But I want to see if this can help me maintain what I still got.

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    Get off of the Ketoconazole, reduce it to 2-3 times a week and wait at least a day (preferably two) before using it.
    Yeah, a lot of guys have told me to take it easy on the keto... but I don't understand why... is there a problem using it so often?. It really helps me with the oil.

It does leave my hair looking like shit though....

Quote Originally Posted by chimera View Post
    Yeah, a lot of guys have told me to take it easy on the keto... but I don't understand why... is there a problem using it so often?. It really helps me with the oil.

It does leave my hair looking like shit though....
    I dont remember the exact arguement for it, I think Squeegee on *** would know better, but Keto basically negates the initial 2-3 days of post dermarolling. You could ask him there, but dont come off as a noob because you'll get blasted with elementary grade insults.

Why are you guys doing this, aka. butchering your scalp with needles on a weekly basis when it's not even a proven and approved method for preventing hair loss and regrowing hair? Also, isn't it rather dangerous to be doing this when it come to risk of infection? If I recall, aren't dermarollers meant for bad skin problems and as a temporary (and not permanent) solution to that problem?

And lastly, isn't it possible that the regrowth displayed in that original study was simply a patient who responded very well to minoxidil and that it had nothing to do with dermarolling?

Quote Originally Posted by Dav7 View Post
    Why are you guys doing this, aka. butchering your scalp with needles on a weekly basis when it's not even a proven and approved method for preventing hair loss and regrowing hair? Also, isn't it rather dangerous to be doing this when it come to risk of infection? If I recall, aren't dermarollers meant for bad skin problems and as a temporary (and not permanent) solution to that problem?

And lastly, isn't it possible that the regrowth displayed in that original study was simply a patient who responded very well to minoxidil and that it had nothing to do with dermarolling?
    Because it hasn't been disproved either.

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    Agreed.

Save the hair we do have now with less grafts needed for any HT with regen needed or better results with other treatments. However, being 2014 the treatments we do have are absolutely disgusting... full out cure should have been a reality a long time ago.
    As much as I'd love to see one as soon as possible, a "full out cure" would be hard to achieve. It would have to involve taking a drug, injections, etc that selectively inhibit an enzyme in our "hair cells" and NOT effect the processes of other, nearby surrounding cells in the body. If the drug was to be taken orally, it would inhibit the enzyme all over the body and that would potentially be fatal if the protein product is needed for other pathways.

If researchers are able to selectively choose cells which the drugs can only interact with, we would have the "cure" for not only hair loss, but for cancer as well.

The "cures" for many diseases that we do have generally involve viruses and bacteria which can be targeted with antibiotics and other medication because they involve cells not similar to our own (i.e. our cells do not contain a cell wall, so the cell wall is often used as a target of anti-biotics with assurance that it won't effect human cells).

The only real hope I see is if they develop a method to clone or multiply hair cells from the "safe zone", some how grow them in vitro and successfuly implant them in thinning regions - that or donor regeneration. The current drugs aimed at "regrowth" ultimately will fail over time because they aren't targeting the root of the problem (potential inhibition of an enzyme product, etc).