+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Hey guys,

So I went to the dermatologist. She is one of the well respected ones here in MTL. She is a little on the weird side and shows no respect to time constraints but people still come see her regardless.

She is also Bald ( the irony), she checked my hair, she didn't magnify it but she looked at my roots and pores. She said my hair is thinner on the top as usual to all men my age. She looked at my pores and said their very healthy. She said I have healthy hair and that I am overly paranoid at the moment. She also said that most men like animals shed most hair in November and December and that anyone out their who are currently panicking should not worry and look at their hair volume in February...

Regardless, she said for my age, I have very healthy hair. So I was very happy to hear that. Like the poster above me mentioned, I will still look at my hair every six months and just be proactive. I thank you all for your responses!

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by footbal123 View Post
    Hey guys,

So I went to the dermatologist. She is one of the well respected ones here in MTL. She is a little on the weird side and shows no respect to time constraints but people still come see her regardless.

She is also Bald ( the irony), she checked my hair, she didn't magnify it but she looked at my roots and pores. She said my hair is thinner on the top as usual to all men my age. She looked at my pores and said their very healthy. She said I have healthy hair and that I am overly paranoid at the moment. She also said that most men like animals shed most hair in November and December and that anyone out their who are currently panicking should not worry and look at their hair volume in February...

Regardless, she said for my age, I have very healthy hair. So I was very happy to hear that. Like the poster above me mentioned, I will still look at my hair every six months and just be proactive. I thank you all for your responses!
    HairCheck is also very helpful in determining the level of miniaturization if any exists at all. You're in Montreal? If you ever make it down to the Atlanta Georgia area, we offer a free HairCheck. You just need to make an appointment in advance.

One of the advantages of HairCheck is, your hair mass numbers are kept on file, so those numbers can be compared to HairCheck numbers taken at a later date.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office
    forhair.com
    Cole Hair Transplant
    1070 Powers Place
    Alpharetta, Georgia 30009
    Phone 678-566-1011
    email 35YrsAfter at chuck@forhair.com
    The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice
    Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck
    Last edited by 35YrsAfter; 01-08-2014 at 09:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by footbal123 View Post
    Hey guys,

I noticed the same thing in my cowlick when I was 19. When light shined on it, it looked like my crown was thinning. I'm almost 40 now and it looks pretty much the same. I wouldn't worry too much at this point.