+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FUE ultrasound

Default FUE ultrasound

There seems to be just one main arguement that FUT surgeons use in defence of FUT vs FUE and that is follicular transection.
    I think it's on that basis that they generally claim more grafts.

Follicular Transection - A transection of a hair follicle means that a portion or even the entire hair follicle was cut along its body and could be damaged, which may jeopardize its viability.

So my question is, why don't all FUE surgeons use ultrasound tools?

I remember in Dr Wesley's video, he took a 50mHz ultrasound image of his own arm, to demonstrate how you can see hair follicles very clearly and in great detail.

So I'm thinking of all the die-hard external FUE surgeons, who might stick to extracting follicles from the outside.
    It's understandable they've spent many years honing their particular skills and expertise, so I guess it might take them a while to try out pilofocus.
    Surely though, they can use this existing techonolgy (ultrasound) to suppliment their skills and attain an almost zero transection rate?
    They would then be able to see exactly what was going on under the skin.

Wouldn't it be wonderful if all FUE surgeons used this technology to get a near zero transection rate? And then we can finally resign FUT to the history books for good No more FUT 'strip' surgeries. No more strip scars, no question of transection rates.

I think what I said in regards to FUE was badly worded. Might have sounded overly negative (didn't mean to )
    Traditional FUE seems to be the very best option available (right now), it's tried and tested. It works.

Was just thinking why can't they use ultrasound?
    Then there would be no arguement of more grafts with strip, it would be the reverse.
    No need for FDA approval either, it already exists.

All the focus with Pilofocus should be on regeneration more than anything else. Do that, and you essentially you have a way of fully restoring a completely slick bald head back to NW1. This is the only way where all of us can go in for procedures without worry and finally getting on with our lives.