+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

^^ yes this is correct there is still more to be done till we are 'cured' on paper then it needs to be put into motion and proven safe, go through trials etc ...but atleast if this happend we will have way more hope of it coming in the next decade

Quote Originally Posted by cichlidfort View Post
    I would say "Definitely will not have a cure available in 2014 but since we are only one step off from a cure in the research field we could have a cure this year that might be ready in, 8-10 years."
    It's not that black and white though. It's not like we're either cured or not cured. It will be a gradual process of improvement. We have follica, replicel and histogen hopefully becoming available within 2-5 years, as well as a lot of topicals and unexpected treatments we presumably don't know about yet. So, even 2-5 years from now we'll be much better off than we are now, some people will consider themselves 'cured', others will feel the treatments need improvement and they'll have to wait.

Quote Originally Posted by HairBane View Post
    It's not that black and white though. It's not like we're either cured or not cured. It will be a gradual process of improvement. We have follica, replicel and histogen hopefully becoming available within 2-5 years, as well as a lot of topicals and unexpected treatments we presumably don't know about yet. So, even 2-5 years from now we'll be much better off than we are now, some people will consider themselves 'cured', others will feel the treatments need improvement and they'll have to wait.
    The 2-5 years claims need to be replaced with just a generic timeline... so, instead of saying:

'Follica will have a treatment in 2-5 years.'

We should be saying:

'Follica will have a treatment sometime in the future.'

Why? Because NOBODY to date has ever hit the deadline of '2-5 years' or even released a treatment of any kind after spewing all their bullshit about what they've discovered. All these researchers, doctors and biotechs have done is nothing more than flap their gums and talk the talk. Great, they've made discovery after discovery. So what? Have they anything to show besides that? No. If they did, we wouldn't be still stuck with Minoxidil and Finasteride after 20 years. For once, I'd like to see any of these overglorified doctors actually DO something with their discoveries that the public can take advantage of. And I don't want to hear about FDA's limitations garbage, its not like treatments and work can only be done in USA. There is a world outside of America's borders.

Quote Originally Posted by HairBane View Post
    You're absolutely right and I should have mentioned that in my original post. As far as the NW7s and people with DUPA, they'll have to wait for a cure.

You're absolutely right and I should have mentioned that in my original post. As far as the NW7s and people with DUPA, they'll have to wait for a cure.
    What is DUPA?

In Polish it means ass...

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    What is DUPA?

In Polish it means ass...
    DUPA my friend is the worst type of hairloss. Stands for diffused unpatterned alopecia. There is no donor zone since ALL the hair miniaturizes and eventually falls out. It's pretty rare but it's just awful for someone to have it. Imagine going bald with no option for even a hair transplant?

DUPA my friend is the worst type of hairloss. Stands for diffused unpatterned alopecia. There is no donor zone since ALL the hair miniaturizes and eventually falls out. It's pretty rare but it's just awful for someone to have it. Imagine going bald with no option for even a hair transplant?
    God damn... thats horrible.

DUPA= Diffuse un-patterned alopecia.

Anyway, I agree with Hairbane. An "ultimate solution" is probably a long way off though clear improvements could be close at hand.
    There was a May article in "expert opinion on investigationational drugs" that basically said the same thing.
    They said in the near term we could have topical anti-androgens, growth factor injections, and prostaglandin agonists or antagonists but an ultimate solution remains disappointingly abstract.

A significant improvement could arrive soon but the day when a slick bald NW7 walks into his doctor's office and says "yeah, I want the Diego Maradona" gets injected and 6 months later has the same hair he had as a teenager remains well out of our grasp in the near term.

In my shoes I would consider a strong safe topical that can stop MPB a cure, but you could also say a cure is NW 7 -> NW 0 which I agree is maybe decade or more away