+ Reply to Thread

Default Forelock receding due to propecia??

I'm 23. Since May I've been on 0.25mg propecia, then after about a month I stepped up to 0.5mg. For the past 3 months i've been 1mg. Prior to that I was on rogaine only since last Sept. I've been on Rogaine for just over a year now.
    My forelock before propecia was pretty damn thick, here's a pic of 4 months before/after a while on rogaine only (hair parted extensively):

Note this image about 10 months old now. Forelock sorta looked like a rhombus/diamond if I parted my hair because the skin was paler than the rest of my scalp where hair had miniaturised. Now it looks more like a V i.e the top of my forelock has started to miniaturise rapidly.
    Does this mean propecia isn't working or has it accelerated my frontal loss? I didn't have much hair at the temples but had a huge concentration in my forelock. Definitely waiting for a year on Propecia to see how things go but I had minimal loss in that area until I started Propecia, which is supposed to retain hair. I don't think the loss there is a temporary shed either, it's been like this for 4 months. I mean the pic on the right was rogaine only and i've been using propecia since I took that pic so it shouldn't get any worse, right?

I've been losing my hair for approx 7-8 years, it's been quite slow.

over 200 views and no replies? come on..

bump

Quote Originally Posted by 22able View Post
    over 200 views and no replies? come on..

bump
    Not too sure how to answer this one with confidence, but could it have anything to do with you upping the dose of fin? For instance you've been gradually upping the dosage from 0.25mg gradually as opposed to just starting out on 1mg, so could it not be the case that your body keeps having to adjust to the increased dosages? Wouldn't you not be effecting the hair cycle growth pattern each time you up the dosage as your body has to adjust, thus you could have been going through three shedding phases as opposed to one had you started out on one particular dosage and stuck it out, as opposed to changing your regimen on three separate occasions.

Just wondering why you didn't just start out on 1mg from the beginning? Also have you been making similar adjustments to your use of minoxidil, or made a change from liquid to foam, or vice-verse, apparently that can result in shedding in some, why I don't know. Also you mentioned 3 months since upping the dose to 1mg fin, don't forget that the hair cycle process can last up to 4 months, so could that have anything to do with it?

Didn't bother to read your post, but to answer the title of the thread: No.

It maybe sped up loss that was already going to happen naturally due to shedding phase, but based on your pattern I would suspect those hairs were soon to be leaving your scalp without treatment.

On a side note, and please take this as genuine advice and not douchebaggery: I would buzz my head where you're at.

Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    Didn't bother to read your post, but to answer the title of the thread: No.

It maybe sped up loss that was already going to happen naturally due to shedding phase, but based on your pattern I would suspect those hairs were soon to be leaving your scalp without treatment.

On a side note, and please take this as genuine advice and not douchebaggery: I would buzz my head where you're at.
    Word(i agree)

Haven't lots a young people mentioned it rapes their hairline?

It probably goes unnoticeable to others because they start nw4.

How is it going now?