+ Reply to Thread

Default Minox shed after temporary.....

Curious, I haven't been able to find anything online. Great results with Minox and Fin so far, just about to reach the 4 month mark on .50 Propecia and have a documented thread on the site.

I'm not scared of shedding by any stretch. Newer thicker hair simply can't grow unless the thinner more weak follicles fall out. What I'm curious about is I recently had a vacation, which involved flight travel. Which was tenuous at best in terms of bringing my Minox foam. With airline restrictions and me being a cheap arse, I just didn't want to risk having airport security pitch my new can of foam, nor did I want to pony up the cash on a full bottle for a 3 day vacation when I arrived. So I missed application for the first time in 5-6 months of Minox use for 3 straight days. Prior to the vacation all shedding has completely stopped, upon my return, and for about the last 3 weeks, shedding has been as if I just started usage.

Is it common for a heavy shed to occur after a short stoppage of use? I'm hoping I'm just setting myself up for another massive Anagen phase, but just was curious if this is common with Minox. Thanks.

Good thread. I was recently thinking of the same thing. I wouldn't think 3 days without minox would cause a noticeable shed, but curious what others have experienced.

Quote Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    Good thread. I was recently thinking of the same thing. I wouldn't think 3 days without minox would cause a noticeable shed, but curious what others have experienced.
    Well, no responses, very surprised nobody else has noticed this. It's been about a full month since the vacation, I would say I'm just about back to how it was before with very minimal shedding. I'm actually excited, I was making progress monthly until this vacation and my hair really hasn't gotten much better in the last month and change, but it has stayed the same from photos. So by photos if it looks the same while I'm noticing a huge shed at the same time, I would think some great results will be coming in the next few months.

As far as I'm concerned 3-4 days of not using the foam and I will expect a shed. This is a product I have used for a long time, multiple attempts, every time I went about that length of time without using it I started a shed.

Only other potential change to my routines this month have been a round of antibiotics and less food. I have Diverticulitis so that flared up and I had to take the antibiotics, then I got sick, really been hard to eat much of anything the whole month of December. Obviously good nutrition plays a role in all healthy functioning of the body. So maybe that aspect made it a little more noticeable.