+ Reply to Thread

Default 18 Year old possible early stage of MPB?

A few weeks ago looking in the mirror I realized my hairline above my temples seemed abnormally high. After a little research I think I have close to a norwood 2. But, I had grown my hair out for about two years and this area was always covered so im not sure if this has always been my hairline and I didn't notice it or I am starting to loose my hair. All the men on my father's side are bald, but the men on my mothers side had thick hair just slightly receded. I've noticed little white hairs falling out at the front of my hairline periodically. I fear that I am starting to loose my hair but reading about minoxidil and how in can cause facial swelling and excessive shedding has kept me from starting to use it. In your guys opinions does it look like I'm starting to go bald or I'm i just being paranoid? If so, will minoxidil cause noticeable hair loss before regrowth? What treatments have worked for you guys?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hair.jpg

Size:	16.0 KB
ID:	24575   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hair 5.jpg

Size:	17.3 KB
ID:	24576   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hair 4.jpg

Size:	7.4 KB
ID:	24577   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hair 6.jpg

Size:	15.1 KB
ID:	24578   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hair 2.jpg

Size:	18.9 KB
ID:	24579  

yes man unfortunately it does look like you are losing it...

bro you have to decide how much your hair means to you and if you are going to fight this....if going bald seems like a nightmare to you believe me the more you lose the less you will care about side effects and youll eventually start taking stuff anyways, just years later than you should of

the KEY to fighting MPB is catching it early and luckily you have...do a bit more research and consider treatment in the near future

Quote Originally Posted by Dan26 View Post
    yes man unfortunately it does look like you are losing it...

bro you have to decide how much your hair means to you and if you are going to fight this....if going bald seems like a nightmare to you believe me the more you lose the less you will care about side effects and youll eventually start taking stuff anyways, just years later than you should of

the KEY to fighting MPB is catching it early and luckily you have...do a bit more research and consider treatment in the near future
    Simple, but really good advice.

To answer your minoxidil question, not everybody experiences the same type shedding. Generally you will experience a shed of the weaker hairs on your head and they are suppose to grow back thicker. If you are in the early stages of hair loss, then I wouldn't think you would have many miniaturized hairs. To give my my own experience, I started using minoxidil after years of hair loss, so I had a crap load of weak hair on my head. My shed was pretty bad. I am now at 7 months of minox and I have regrown all the hair I had shed and I believe even grew back some hair. The only sides I have had are the itchy scalp and dandruff. I am also on fin(6 months), so I cannot say the results I have had thus far a due to minox alone.

Thanks so much, and sorry for so many questions but is there much of a difference between the minoxidil liquid and foam? With the amount of hair I have right now would one be better to use than the other. And should I buy Rogaine or will a generic brand such as Kirkland work just as well? When I use it should I rub it all over my scalp? Or just in apply it to where my ive already started loosing hair? And lastly will minoxidil grow back hair in the places its already gone?
    Anyways thanks so much, this blog has definitely helped put things into perspective and given me peace

Quote Originally Posted by Brig View Post
    Thanks so much, and sorry for so many questions but is there much of a difference between the minoxidil liquid and foam? With the amount of hair I have right now would one be better to use than the other. And should I buy Rogaine or will a generic brand such as Kirkland work just as well? When I use it should I rub it all over my scalp? Or just in apply it to where my ive already started loosing hair? And lastly will minoxidil grow back hair in the places its already gone?
    Anyways thanks so much, this blog has definitely helped put things into perspective and given me peace
    With your hair length, I would go with he liquid. I just think it would be easier to apply, but I have heard people with longer hair using the foam. Try both and see which you prefer. The foam is more expensive though, even for generic. Just go with generic and save yourself some money. It works just as good as Rogaine. Use it where ever you have lost hair. Minoxidil will regrow hair that is already gone. The important question is how long has it been gone. For example, a slick bald guy will most likely not get results from minox. If you just have thinning, you should see some regrowth.

Yes man, you are definitely losing hair and you will 100% lose more hair if you don't do something now.

All you can do is start taking 1mg of Finasteride a day. Don't screw around with different dosages or any other products, just take 1mg of Finasteride a day.

Coming from an 18 year old who started balding at 16, 4 months on Finasteride and it seems like my hair loss has not gotten any worse.

Below is a link to a study done on Finasteride that showed 86% of men had the same amount or more hair after 10 years.

http://www.bernsteinmedical.com/rese...ts-and-safety/

There's nothing else to say than the usual work out, get fit, be successful, save up for a transplant etc etc

Good luck