How is your recipient looking now?

Also when is your next procedure?
  • Arashi
    • Aug 2012

Originally posted by c5000
    Gaz

How is your recipient looking now?

Also when is your next procedure?
    Gaz has a great result but his donor is completely depleted now, another procedure would be a step back instead of forward in my opinion.

Comment

• cocacola
      • Feb 2013

"depleted" would be a vivid overstatement in my opinion. Last time i saw a picture it looked like his sides are different in terms of density to the back of the head. I remember him mentioning that he had much more extracted from there.

Comment

• hellouser
        • May 2012

Originally posted by cocacola
        "depleted" would be a vivid overstatement in my opinion. Last time i saw a picture it looked like his sides are different in terms of density to the back of the head. I remember him mentioning that he had much more extracted from there.
        So is Gaz's donor actually depleted or not?

Comment

• Arashi
          • Aug 2012

If that's not a depleted donor, then what is ? I really don't see how he could go back for more. At this point he already crossed the 'natural look' for a few parts of his donor. Going back for more is going to give his donor a very unnatural look, so I think it would do more harm than good.

Gaz has a great result, he's got his life back as he called it himself. If I were him, I'd count my blessings, move on and enjoy life with that great result. As with any plastic surgery, overdoing it will make things worse, not better.

Comment

• hellouser
            • May 2012

Originally posted by Arashi
            https://www.dropbox.com/sh/j1ag43wtb...031_011213.jpg

If that's not a depleted donor, then what is ? I really don't see how he could go back for more. At this point he already crossed the 'natural look' for a few parts of his donor. Going back for more is going to give his donor a very unnatural look, so I think it would do more harm than good.
            Didn't Gaz already have very limited donor anyway? I would imagine his before pics wouldnt look much different.

Gaz has a great result, he's got his life back as he called it himself. If I were him, I'd count my blessings, move on and enjoy life with that great result. As with any plastic surgery, overdoing it will make things worse, not better.
            In the current state of hair loss treatments, yes... since theres no 100% proven regeneration. If it was, I'd go to town.

Comment

• Arashi
              • Aug 2012

Originally posted by hellouser
              Didn't Gaz already have very limited donor anyway? I would imagine his before pics wouldnt look much different.
              Gaz do you have a picture of your donor how it was before your first surgery ? That would be quite interesting indeed.

Comment

• cocacola
                • Feb 2013

With that lenght/angle of the picture and lightning most people hair would appear thinner than it actually is. We should compare to pre op at same lenght and lightning to make any conclusions.

Comment

• Arashi
                  • Aug 2012

With that lenght/angle of the picture and lightning most people hair would appear thinner than it actually is. We should compare to pre op at same lenght and lightning to make any conclusions.
                  Well, usually they say you need about 50 grafts/cm2 for a natural look, so that would be about 100-125 hairs/cm2. I'm pretty sure he's already below that.

Comment

• gc83uk
                    • Nov 2011

Originally posted by Arashi
                    Gaz has a great result but his donor is completely depleted now, another procedure would be a step back instead of forward in my opinion.
                    ROFLMAO - my donor isn't depleted, I'll go again for HST, but i'll be more tactical in terms of where I allow the grafts to be extracted from. And yes my hair density in my donor area was already below average. I don't have any photos of my donor area before I started my HST's because I wasn't shaving my hair back then. It might be possible to concentrate on the original 50 graft area photos which Iron Man compiled about 2 years ago and compare the same area today to see how depleted it is, just an idea.

Comment

• c5000
                      • Oct 2011

Originally posted by gc83uk
                      ROFLMAO - my donor isn't depleted, I'll go again for HST, but i'll be more tactical in terms of where I allow the grafts to be extracted from. And yes my hair density in my donor area was already below average. I don't have any photos of my donor area before I started my HST's because I wasn't shaving my hair back then. It might be possible to concentrate on the original 50 graft area photos which Iron Man compiled about 2 years ago and compare the same area today to see how depleted it is, just an idea.
                      Good news that you're going back again Gaz. When are you planning on getting your 5th procedure?

Comment

• Arashi
                        • Aug 2012

Originally posted by gc83uk
                        Gaz you remember how you had cut out a piece of a square cm in paper which we used to count hairs ? I think that would be very interesting again, to do that on like 5 different places in your donor and we'll get a hard density number instead that way.

If you google for depleted donor pictures you find some horrible pictures like this one: http://www.hairtransplants-hdc.com/a...29516089760464 In my opinion that's not a depleted donor. That's a freakshow !

Donor depletion should be the point where, if you cross it, your coverage starts to look unnatural low dense. And I think it's generally accepted that's at 100-125 hairs/cm2.

Comment

Working...