+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by fred970 View Post
    And now the insults of course.

I only have one thing to add: when you'll be bald yourself and you'll see posts like this, you'll understand people like me and greatjob.
    By the way, you're tall and have said yourself you get lots of attention from women. Don't tell me that some short, pudgy guy with a receding hairline doesn't "deserve" to feel bad about his hair loss. Maybe YOU have BDD. Check into it, asshole.

Lol ryan555 shooting from the hip, happy new year dude. Any luck screwing those Keretene clowns?

The insults really show who is mature and who is not here.

You help people like OP way more by telling them the truth than playing their game. Seriously, do other experienced members really see hair loss in that picture?

Their not happy, right, their. And you're talking about my ignorance, I'm not even a native speaker.

His, what his, what hair loss? He, doesn't, suffer, from hair loss.

I'd like to help people that really need help, with their hair, not helping them realise all they need is a god damn shrink.

People who haven't reached NW4 can't even complain, all they need is perspective, and I'm here to give it to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Fitness View Post
    I agree. I was kinda joking.

But then again, what's perfect hair to you? If you're a Norwood 6, I'm pretty sure you'd be happy with anything more than that, not saying completely satisfied, more or less better than what you have now. It's like being fat, do you have to be 100 lbs or more overweight to want to lose weight and not be happy with your body? There are people who would be considered normal weight that would like to get in better shape. Some people want better. Personal preference IMO.

Levels of hairloss vary of course, I'd say I'm a Norwood 2 and I'm not happy. So someone with worse hairloss would obviously say I'd be happy or content with your hair. I'm not trying to pick a fight either, i just think if he doesn't like his hair the way it is, why not try and fix it. You don't have to have severe hair loss to want to improve your hair.
    This is exactly what I mean. One extreme to another. You'd kill for his hair, that's what's upsetting you. Who are you to tell anyone you don't belong here because your hair loss is worse than his. I feel the need to say something because my hair loss isn't as bad as yours, so that means I don't belong here? ****s wrong with you? Pure ignorance. If someone's not happy, their not happy. Bottom line. Forget about your problems when trying to help someone else.
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan555 View Post
    Oh shut up. This is all you ever post about, like you're the goddamn hairloss gatekeeper. If you don't want to help people, then don't respond to their threads. You aren't a doctor, nor a therapist, you're just some bitter bald asshole from Europe who thinks anyone with more hair than you is disqualified from being concerned about their problem. People like you are rendering these forums useless and now here I am making the problem worse by responding to you. Seriously, **** off.
    I'm sorry but I have to agree with fred more or less, I'm not sure I agree with how he comes across though, but I don't agree with how many of you are coming across either. IMO if you are a NW 2 or better with no noticeable thinning you have a full head of hair. If you know your losing your hair and want to try to prevent further loss that's great, but if, like a lot of guys on these forums, you think your hair is currently a huge problem then you probably do need some perspective. If being a NW 1/2 is a big problem for you fixing it more than likely won't do anything for you because you will find a new problem, I think that is what fred was alluding to with the BDD comment.

I usually get upset when I see really active members with minimal hairloss, not because they're here but because they make comments like "my life is ruined because of hairloss" or "this disease is terrible" when they have no idea what they're even talking about. My perspective is that I started losing my hair right after puberty, around 12 years old, I was a NW 3 by my junior year in high school and was a extremely thin NW 6 by 21. I had a small transplant at 24 by a doctor who promised me the world, and of course it was too small and did nothing but leave me with a big scar. I've spent the last 7 years not able to shave down and a prisoner to concealers, it cost me jobs and the only woman I've ever loved. About a year ago I had a transplant with Dr. Rahal and have really improved, but will need at least one more to be really happy. However if you go back and look at my posts you won't see me bitching about hairloss, so sometimes guys like me want to slap overly dramatic people with little to no loss on these forums, because they have no idea what suffering from hairloss means. If being a NW 2 severely effects your life, it's because you male it effect your life.

The insults really show who is mature and who is not here.

You help people like OP way more by telling them the truth than playing their game. Seriously, do other experienced members really see hair loss in that picture?
    You need to be told to **** off because you spend a ton of time on a hair loss forum telling members that they don't have a right to be concerned with or address their hair loss because you went bald by 23. You are not a therapist and are not qualified to diagnose anyone with BDD or any other condition. Further, the best doctor on the planet could not diagnose whether or not the OP has pattern hair loss from that photo alone. If you have done a bulk analysis or taken a microscope to his head, then I sincerely apologize. Otherwise, STFU. And by the way, everyone who experiences baldness starts off with minor hair loss - you don't just wake up a NW 7. Guys in this situation are wise to do something about it now so they can move on with their lives and avoid being an angry high Norwood who never took proper treatments early in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by goldbondmafia View Post
    I heard it doesn't work well in the part I circled, is this true or would minoxidil work there? Has anyone had success with regrowth in that similar area?
    To answer your question, yes minox can work on temporal peaks. Finasteride works even better. I have personally found that the effect on frontal hair loss is quite understated by most doctors and by the manufacturers of the products themselves. Especially if you have early loss, much of it can be reversible.

Maybe if you caught your hair loss at an early stage like this guy, you wouldn't be in the situation you're in.
    Couldn't agree more.

As for OP's question, I answered in the first post but I'd like to elaborate a little ..

I myself use Fin. I have hairs miniaturised in the area you circled on your head and I have thickening but it takes times. Started Minox 3 days ago

All the profanity and eff you's are unnecessary. I could understand both sides of this argument. I understand where the OP is coming from. I still remember when I noticed my hair loss around the age of 21. I could see the thinning and was 100% sure I was losing my hair. If this site was around and I would have posted, I am sure I would have received some negative responses also. If the OP is indeed losing hair, then this is exactly the time he needs to start doing something about it.

I understand where the more advance norwoods are coming from also. I am a NW4 or 5. So sometimes when I see pics like the one the OP posted, which shows no signs of loss, I think to myself, what the hell are you doing here.

Everybody concerned with hair loss should be here. That's right everybody. Information is key to treat and prevent hair loss and this is the best place I have found to get that info. If you are in the early stages of hair loss and decide to post pics, keep in mind that your pics might not show any signs of loss. This is when people that are clearly losing their hair might take offense.

It would be like me going to a weight loss forum where most people are obese, and asking for advise on how to get more definition on my six pack.

Fred you are being emotional. Why even bother posting in this thread....OP asked a question, try and answer it or your wasting everyone's time.

No one even knows what his hair looked like prior to this picture. Obviously he noticed hair loss hence why he's on here asking his question. I'm not trying to prolong the arguments on here. But! should he have waited until his hair loss worsened and he became a nw 4/5 ? Would that make you feel better? Are you mad you didn't think of it when you were at the early stages of hair loss? He's taking precautions and he's in the right place. There are tons of supportive people on here as well as jealous people.

Again, like weight loss, should people wait until they become terribly fat and start developing diseases like diabetes, hbp, kidney failure, heart disease to turn their life around? It's like telling everyone who's not as fat as you are to wait until they get fuucked up like you to start trying to change things, and that's when there might be permenant damage that could of been avoided.

Honestly if you don't have anything positive to say I think you should avoid shitting on people on their thread. I understand constructive criticism and I'm all for it, but leave your hate/anger/jealousy out of it.

I hope a terminal cancer patient tells you to shut the fuuck up and stop crying about your hair-loss and you shouldn't complain about ANYTHING unless you're in their shoes. Be humble.