+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default I have not been able to let go and accept my Norwood 7 fate.

I am young-26 and super bald: a slick Norwood 7.

Somehow, when I realistically know that I should give up now, a part of me doesnt want to.

I really feel that maybe I'm just crazy when it comes to hair loss. I'm fated to suffer from this emotionally for the rest of my life...

Part of me will always wonder what a transplant could have done.

Systems are great, but unfortunately, I'm just too afraid of all the maintenence, itchiness, and fact that it can come off, and that people know its not my real hair..

Sometimes, I wish I could just accept it like Michael Jordon or Bruce Willis.

You mean commissioner Michael Jordon? How many of those posts will you make?

IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon Dr. Glenn Charles's Avatar

Hopefully in the near future there will better options for people in a situation similar to the one you are in. As a doctor it is also very frustrating to not be able to help all of our patients.
    Dr. Glenn Charles
    Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
    View my IAHRS Profile

Quote Originally Posted by FlightTL View Post

Somehow, when I realistically know that I should give up now, a part of me doesnt want to.

I really feel that maybe I'm just crazy when it comes to hair loss. I'm fated to suffer from this emotionally for the rest of my life...

Systems are great, but unfortunately, I'm just too afraid of all the maintenence, itchiness, and fact that it can come off, and that people know its not my real hair..

I'm sorry to hear about your hair loss situation.

If you are nw7 and wondering what a transplant would have done, it's simple to answer - it would have cost you an absolute fortune and not been able to offer the amount of hair you require. You would find yourself chasing rainbows!

What you should do is try a transitional piece.
    You say you are afraid, but what about this:

Why not try various hair systems privately, so you can experiment and evaluate it by yourself without fear?
    You can order a custom system and have it within about 2 months.
    You take it to a stylist who cuts it to the style you like.

Then you can look at it using loads of mirrors, under different lighting/ daylight, make your decision how much you like it.

If it doesn't seem good enough, ditch that supplier (or stylist) and find a new one, rinse and repeat.

Unlike transplants, if it doesn't work out, you have lost nothing. Maybe a little money, but nothing like the kind of money a transplant might cost.

You can literally just throw it away and start again if you want

To address the other questions, you can pay for maintenence (until you figure out the diy route). Also, it will not fall off, if you use the right attachment/glue.
    You can even swim etc. - check out some videos on youtube.

I suggest you get a custom system of ultra low density to start off with.
    Also when i say 'transitional' at the beginning, I mean of some norwood lower on the scale than you are now (but not nw1 or nw2 - maybe nw2 at the lowest) - I mean somewhere in the middle.

Hope that helps

I kindly thank you all for your answers.

Same here. I was also a NW7 at 26. I haven't ever seen anyone bald as early as me.

Quote Originally Posted by baldozer View Post
    Same here. I was also a NW7 at 26. I haven't ever seen anyone bald as early as me.
    My cousin is dating a nw7 in mid 20's (also there's nothing wrong with her)

Quote Originally Posted by FlightTL View Post

For **** sake man, just wear hair. Who cares what other people think, if it makes you feel better about yourself then to hell with what others think. And if anybody asks about it, just tell them it makes you feel better about yourself etc. That or the SMP route, so you can have the buzzed full head of hair luck, that's actually the cheapest of the lot, given that systems needed to be updated. Or even go for both.

I love how some people throw the "get a wig" advice. Because that's not rude or insulting at all.

Wigs are expensive, more expensive than hair transplants in the long run. He does have something to lose, way more than money. Like time to research it, try it etc., dignity for doing so and if people find out. You cannot swim with it, you're aware that even real hair get damaged by seawater or pool water right? You cannot go in the sun too long with it, because the hair of the wig will turn into a different color than your real hair. And I'm sure those people giving the advice to get a wig don't even wear one themselves.

Just get a wig. Right.

On the other hand, I think SMP could be a good idea.

Get a wig. lol

On a serious note. It is not a bad idea. From reading your posts in this and other threads it sounds like you really want hair and don't want to sport the shaved look. The only option to have hair is to wear a piece. If you are a NW7, I don't think a transplant will give you the look you want. Wearing a piece sucks, but it might be the only thing to make you feel better unfortunately.