+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Quote Originally Posted by Dav7 View Post

@Flight.............just do what you got to do man. The most basic piece of advice I could give (personally) is that at that stage on the Norwood scale is to shave it off in a buzz cut. To us here on forums like this, it is probably considered a death penalty of sorts, whereas to the rest of the world it is just another hairstyle. Also grow a goatee beard to balance out the look. Another good tip and this is one I find helps me is that spectacles with thick, dark horn rimmed frames tends to work well with the shaved head/ goatee look.

However, that is just for the short term and for now. You could also look into SMP if you want to, but just make sure it's a temporary solution and removable. Also, as regards HT's, there are doctors in India (ISHRS approved etc) doing transplants for one-fifth the cost of doctors in the West, and even BHT's are dirt cheap in comparison to Western clinics. If I am not mistaken a 10,000+ grafts scalp + BHT at these clinics is actually affordable. However, keep these two points in mind (a) never go to a non-recognised doctor in one of these countries and stick to the ISHRS/ IAHRS listed doctors, and (b) think long and hard about BHT, it could be a life changer, but given that it is body hair, just be careful about the whole area.

And lastly, you are only 21 and six younger than me, and even 10-30 years younger than many of the other members here. By 2020 (when you are my age), treatments will be a million times better than the crap out there now like min + ket. And lastly by the time you are reaching 30, over half of blokes are receding anyway, and those un-accoustomed to HT's, go for buzz cuts. It's probably just unfortunate for you at such a young age that all of this set in, particularly around peers your own age. Anyways good luck man.

Thanks for your thoughtful and kind response...I will ask the barber for a #2, and try and accept my fate....

In the meantime, I hear chicks like dudes with lower bodyfat...Gym, here I come!

And lastly, you are only 21 and six younger than me, and even 10-30 years younger than many of the other members here. By 2020 (when you are my age),
    Actually I think in Flight's first forum post he said he was 26 in 2011, which means he's 28 or 29 now.

Quote Originally Posted by FlightTL View Post
    Thanks for your thoughtful and kind response...I will ask the barber for a #2, and try and accept my fate....

In the meantime, I hear chicks like dudes with lower bodyfat...Gym, here I come!
    This is an excellent plan FlightTL! Chicks do, almost universally, love a good physique. You sound positive about the gym too, this is good. Go for it!

Quote Originally Posted by FlightTL View Post

Good on you man. Though I've suggest temporary solutions, please remember that between now and 2020, that there are 101 options up the line.

As for getting fit, this is a no-brainer, I think anybody, be they male/ femlale, NW1 or NW7 should be striving toward a better exercise regime. Important to remember that been chubby can make anybody look like crap and that exercise is both the key toward more confidence and a better body.

Seen as you are a fellow MPB brah, and as someone into fitness, just ditch all the sissy nonsense of running, cardio and whatever else,and hit the strength training. You not only get the same benefits of weight loss/ maintenance as running, cardio etc. you also build yourself up. It's icing on the cake really. Running, jogging, cardio, while demanding the same level of physical expense as strength lifting, they don't provide nearly the same level of physical or psychological benefit as strength lifting.

Please understand this, and particulary as somebody already into strength training - that whether you be a NW1 or NW7, aim for an exercise regime whereby you gain strength as opposed to mere weight loss. Also don't know what type of music you are into brah, but a bit of metal is dead handy when it comes to pounding.

Build yourself up brah, and I'd say that to you regardless of whether you are the NW1 or NW7 end of scale, or whatever in between. Not only are you geting the benefits of exercise (toning, strengthening etc) as opposed to mere crappy exercises like cycling, walking, cardio or whatever...................you are also garnering respect your fellow male-kind. Think about it, a bloke with a shaved head + toned look is not exactly Larry David, or whatever else, and once you get the respect of your brah-kind, then the chicks will follow, naturally gain the respect of other men, then the ladies will follow.

Anyways, that's for the here and now and making the best of our situation/s.................fingers crossed that 2014/15 will make the rest of the years before them look like silly nonsense, and by 2020, we'll probably have a cure for this disease.

Good luck man, I know you've had it even rougher than blokes than me, and for that, I respect you for that immensely. Make the best of the current situation, but remember that hope lies ahead, much moreso than the primitive era in which we live when HT's, Fin and crappy topicals like min + ket is all we have. 2020, when you are my age, will be ten fold better than now...........honestly I wish such a promising future had come along earlier when I was at such a ripe age, as opposed to been in my bloody mid-30s

Good luck man, it hasn't been easy on you and in fairness it's been even harsher on you than many of the other members here, but please remember that you are 21 and not 27/ 30/ 40 or whatever else, and that when you hit a page on this forum when you my age that the treatments will be 10 fold better. You are still young man, and I appreciate it's been extra hard for you given your age, particularly amongst your peers.......but please appreciate that by 2020, the situation will be so much better.

And lastly, don't "accept any fate".............merely accept the fate of what the crappy treatments of 2014 can offer you, by time your my age in 2020, this whole game will be so far advanced that you'll have even more on offer to you than those of us in our late 20s/ 30s / 40s and beyond.............make the best of now, but always hold out hope for the future, in fairnes you've got good reason to, as when you are my age, the options available to you will be almost supernatural in comparison to the fin/ min/ ket crap available now

Look after yourself brother and a happy new year.

Hey bro are you the guy that asked if it was ok to masturbate 6 times a day?

In case you are, in my opinion it's not ok and I hope you stopped.

If you don't like being bald work on other areas of your life.

Besides that what else can you do besides killing yourself?

Also try and be confident and go talk to girls, get rejected who cares. It's either that or DON'T talk to girls.

I wonder if there's any attractive girl in the world who would actually get up off her ass, walk over and talk to an insecure NW7. I don't think so.

Good luck flight! all the best

Look after yourself brother and a happy new year.
    Thanks Dav7...You are a very positive force!!! God bless you...

And capitan, yes there have been times when the masturbation went overboard. Somedays my depression hit a all time high, and it was hard to stop masturbating.... I appreciate your input though.