+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by FlightTL View Post
    Too ashamed to.
    I can understand that. It was hard for me to post my first pics, but I did it anyway just so people can see where I am coming from.

You are 21yo if I remember correctly. I would say yes give meds a try. Keep in mind I have been losing hair for about 16 years and just started treatment late May of this year. I have seen regrowth in my hair. Does it mean you will? No it does not, but who knows. With the low cost of treatment, I just think it is worth a try. If you see nothing in 6 months, throw the stuff away and you can at least say you tried something.

Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

Thumbs up

Hi FlightTL - I feel for you my friend!
    I especially wish that no one would experience hair loss at such a young time in their lives!
    I appreciate Dr Glenn Charles response to you as well as all the SUPPORT that you have received from our forum brothers here.
    Flight' ,as a NW7 have you seriously considered shaving completely?
    If you do it would NOT mean that you have 'let go' .
    It may be a good way for you to LIVE your life without hesitations. It can be a good COPING strategy for you.
    As I have said at a different thread,
    "..Do whatever it is that you need to do to stay healthy and happy. When you DO do that, a hair loss treatment/'cure' will sneak up on you"
    I feel good about this new year 2014.
    If you have any internal frustrations , throw it out if possible.
    Please ENJOY this year. I am going to try to do just that.

Thanks Artista and everyone for their kind responses....

I hope none of you have to suffer the emotional pain that I've gone through...May you all be cured.

I hope none of you have to suffer the emotional pain that I've gone through...May all of us be cured.
    Fixed it for you.

Thumbs up

ALL OF US is so right! ..Good 'Fix' Notcool' !
    Everyone , dont lose hope and for the meantime, do what you need to do individually to maintain and ENJOY your lives!!
    Lets all stay close here and continually support each other!!

I hope none of you have to suffer the emotional pain that I've gone through...May you all be cured.
    Hey man, you've had things rough, hope something comes along soon. Don't forget it's 2014 already and loads of stuff is scheduled for 2014/ 15 like Aderns, Histogen, Dr. Wesley's regeneration etc, so hopefully there's a decent treatment coming up that's better than the fin and min crap we're all stuck with right now. Good luck and happy new year.

GREAT response to Flight' - Dav7!!

I agree with you 100% Happy New Year

Quote Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    Fixed it for you.
    Very kind of you, Notcoolanymore...I appreciate that.

I'm sure with your handsome Johnny Cage looks, you'll have a great 2014 with the ladies..I'm pretty sure you already have a 10 with you.

The rest of the gang, thank you for your support.

I will find a hobby and go to the barber and try a number 2.

Thanks you all.

LONG LIVE SPENCER KOBREN AND JOE FROM SI.

Thumbs up

Flight' you are among FRIENDS here. If there is anyway that we can comfort each other ,we will all do so!!
    Based upon FACTS and not speculations !

Quote Originally Posted by Artista View Post
    GREAT response to Flight' - Dav7!!

I agree with you 100% Happy New Year
    Appreciated Artista. In fairness, while flight has had things harsher than even many of us, and at a much younger age, something should be taken into consideration. For instance I started thinning at 24 and am now 27 going on 28 and thanks to years of procrastination, I'm only now able to afford and contemplate a HT. As embarrassed as I am to say this, I only recently started the big 3 recently.

However, what's important to remember is that for blokes for Flight, even at NW7, when they are my age in 2020 the level of treatment, e.g. Donor regeneration, Histogen/ Aderns, better treatments than that fin/ min sh!te, and probably even Dut approved for MPB. To be honest, I would prefer to be a NW7 at 21 than a NW3v/4/5 at the age of 30 or 40 given the progress that is been made in the area.

And honestly, I sometimes wonder if we blokes here (not to downplay the horrible crap that is MPB) over-emphasise and over-analyise things here given our level of knowledge, whether it's our own situation, or whether it's desperately waiting for the next future treatment etc. In fairness, before I hit my (noticeable) MPB stage I hardly ever noticed if a bloke was bald/ shaved or whatever else, e.g. a bloke with a shaved head, whether he was a NW1 or a NW7, to me he was just "some bloke who shaved his head for an alternative hairstyle" so to speak.

Some of my mates are only 20 and full NW1's and yet they shave down to a number 1 or 0. Many professions such as the army, nightclub bouncers etc. also have a culture of shaving down, regardless of whether one is a NW1 or a NW7 or anything in between.

Again, this is not to undermine the rotten crap that is MPB - and although I want to reverse this condition (I wouldn't be otherwise), I still cannot help but wonder if I can be over-analytical or critical of MPB in myself. For instance, most people don't really bat an eyelid out on the streets where I live if somebody has a shaved head, nor does it effect blokes from getting birds etc.

While you will get the occasional drunk idiot that points you out and refers to you as cue ball or whatever else, really the same idiots would probably pick you out for been obese, having a large nose, acne or whatever else, so I tend to ignore such clowns. However, most respectable and grown up folks not only do not make comments such as what you will get out of these idiots, tbh I don't think most of them even notice (providing you are shaved), just as I didn't even notice before I myself started to be afflicted with MPB.

Again, and I can't emphasise this enough, and particularly as I despise this condition - I am not undermining it's psychological effect on our lives and that I hope for a cure asap, it's also important to remember during our darkest hours of sorrow, that we are perhaps a bit too over-educated on this matter, and are too harsh on ourselves when others are much less so.

Again, to the point (with the exception of the odd drunk idiot) whereby the don't even notice or care if you are a NW1 or NW7..............again, I would say that 99% of the people I know not only have no idea about basics such as Minoxidil, HT's etc, but 1 in a 100 people, if not 1 in a 1000 have even heard of the Norwood scale, so that is important to remember. It probably doesn't help that forums like this tend to attract the Highlander's of this world, and for young lads like Flight at NW7 to be hearing nonsense along the lines of "NW3 or death" or "I'll never be the gorgeous male model I was born to be if my temples move 0.237145 cm squared x 3.14 pie upward, life is over, jump in front of a train, jump off a bridge, I cannot go on, all is lost". Again, a perhaps extreme example of how we here are probably so educated on this that we sometimes believe everybody else around us are, when in reality, 99%+ of them are clueless as to basics such as Norwood scales, HT's etc.

@Flight.............just do what you got to do man. The most basic piece of advice I could give (personally) is that at that stage on the Norwood scale is to shave it off in a buzz cut. To us here on forums like this, it is probably considered a death penalty of sorts, whereas to the rest of the world it is just another hairstyle. Also grow a goatee beard to balance out the look. Another good tip and this is one I find helps me is that spectacles with thick, dark horn rimmed frames tends to work well with the shaved head/ goatee look.

However, that is just for the short term and for now. You could also look into SMP if you want to, but just make sure it's a temporary solution and removable. Also, as regards HT's, there are doctors in India (ISHRS approved etc) doing transplants for one-fifth the cost of doctors in the West, and even BHT's are dirt cheap in comparison to Western clinics. If I am not mistaken a 10,000+ grafts scalp + BHT at these clinics is actually affordable. However, keep these two points in mind (a) never go to a non-recognised doctor in one of these countries and stick to the ISHRS/ IAHRS listed doctors, and (b) think long and hard about BHT, it could be a life changer, but given that it is body hair, just be careful about the whole area.

And lastly, you are only 21 and six younger than me, and even 10-30 years younger than many of the other members here. By 2020 (when you are my age), treatments will be a million times better than the crap out there now like min + ket. And lastly by the time you are reaching 30, over half of blokes are receding anyway, and those un-accoustomed to HT's, go for buzz cuts. It's probably just unfortunate for you at such a young age that all of this set in, particularly around peers your own age. Anyways good luck man.