+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

have you tried rogaine and propecia? If you still have some follicles they might come back to some degree.

Quote Originally Posted by macster View Post
    have you tried rogaine and propecia? If you still have some follicles they might come back to some degree.
    Should I give propecia a try????

hmmmmm

Come on! Suggesting meds to a NW7? Really?

Quote Originally Posted by fred970 View Post
    I love how some people throw the "get a wig" advice. Because that's not rude or insulting at all.
    Noone said that lol

FlightTL actually said he thought systems were great, look:
    Quote Originally Posted by FlightTL View Post
    Systems are great, but unfortunately, I'm just too afraid of all the maintenence, itchiness, and fact that it can come off, and that people know its not my real hair..
    He expressed interest in them and all I was suggesting was that he could give it a TRY
    This is important: just *trying* it. In private first, examine, experiment, critique. And then make your own decisions.

Wigs are expensive, more expensive than hair transplants in the long run. He does have something to lose, way more than money. Like time to research it, try it etc., dignity for doing so and if people find out. You cannot swim with it, you're aware that even real hair get damaged by seawater or pool water right? You cannot go in the sun too long with it, because the hair of the wig will turn into a different color than your real hair. And I'm sure those people giving the advice to get a wig don't even wear one themselves.
    You raise some good points, noone said it was easy.
    So if I can address you first point: You can't really compare the monetary cost, since firstly a nw7 can't get a hair transplant and get all his hair back (at least not at the moment).
    It's not like he's going to be able to save money with an HT, because that option is out.

Though I would like to suggest that perhaps he could visit a reputable doctor himself, so he can hear it straight from them. You know, don't take my word for it, find out for yourself. My guess, is that a reputable doctor would simply refuse, based on limited donor. Maybe they can redistribute hair and make a nw7 like a nw5 or nw4? I don't know. It's probably not what he wants.

So in terms of money, there is no comparison.

Also who said it was forever? He could drop wearing at any time, so the cost is whatever amount you decide to spend. Just don't sign any contracts.

There are various different types of hair system, all with varying cost. It is a bit of a minefield, yes.
    But there are some people who make it work. There are some who have worn hair for over a decade, some even longer, even celebrities that most people don't even realise are wearing hair.

My point about swimming, was to point out that it can be more securely attached than all you guys are imagining.

I have researched it a lot (and still am, as with other hair loss options) and have also seen them in real life on real people etc. so this isn't just idle speculation.

It may not be perfect, but it's pretty much the only option for a nw7 I think, other than shaving/buzzing.
    I'm not so sure about SMP, that could only possibly work if you have some more hair. I can spot SMP on a slick bald guy a mile away. It's a nice idea though, and if you have a fair amount of buzzed down diffuse hair maybe that might work, all mixed in.
    Though if hair is diffuse, most likely it is going.

By the way Fred970, you look good with buzzed hair in your pics I've been meaning to reply to that thread too.

Come on! Suggesting meds to a NW7? Really?
    You are right, but I would have to ask FlightTL a question. How long have you been losing hair? If you have been losing for 3 years or so, I would give meds a try. I may be wrong, but from what I have heard you have a good chance of recovering hair that was recently lost. Lets say you recover only 30% of your total loss. That would make a big difference. In addition, meds are pretty cheap and worth trying.

Quote Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    You are right, but I would have to ask FlightTL a question. How long have you been losing hair? If you have been losing for 3 years or so, I would give meds a try. I may be wrong, but from what I have heard you have a good chance of recovering hair that was recently lost. Lets say you recover only 30% of your total loss. That would make a big difference. In addition, meds are pretty cheap and worth trying.
    Just out of curiosity, is this the average rate of regrowth for using the big 3, aka 30% of hair lost regrown? If so, how long would that process take?

Quote Originally Posted by Dav7 View Post
    Just out of curiosity, is this the average rate of regrowth for using the big 3, aka 30% of hair lost regrown? If so, how long would that process take?
    I am not sure. I just wanted to throw a very conservative number out there to make my point that it is worth trying meds. Sorry if it caused any confusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    Rapidly losing hair since of age 15.

flightTL, just wondering but did you ever post pics?

Quote Originally Posted by goldbondmafia View Post
    flightTL, just wondering but did you ever post pics?
    Too ashamed to.