X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • husqvarnawrk
    • Dec 2013

36 M - thinning on the crown. Thinking of FUE in Asia

Hi all,

afters years of procrastination, I am finally thinking of doing something about the thinning spot on my crown.

I am a 37 M, white, and with a generally ok head of hair with the exception of a stupid thin spot on my crown.

I have had it for years, and cannot really tell whether it's getting worse or not.

I use minox once a day and do not shed much hair.

I am looking at using one of the clinics here (Thailand probably) for a FUE operation.

Now, I am more than happy about shaving my head (had shaved head for years) but what's the timeline for the head to start looking normal after the proceedure?

1 week/10 days?

Thanks for reading.
  • husqvarnawrk
    • Dec 2013

Moderators, sorry, I realised I posted this in the women's hair loss section. Please delete or move to the Men's.

Apologies again

Comment

• 35YrsAfter
      Doctor Representative
      • Aug 2012

Originally posted by husqvarnawrk
      Hi all,

afters years of procrastination, I am finally thinking of doing something about the thinning spot on my crown.

I am a 37 M, white, and with a generally ok head of hair with the exception of a stupid thin spot on my crown.

I have had it for years, and cannot really tell whether it's getting worse or not.

I use minox once a day and do not shed much hair.

I am looking at using one of the clinics here (Thailand probably) for a FUE operation.

Now, I am more than happy about shaving my head (had shaved head for years) but what's the timeline for the head to start looking normal after the proceedure?

1 week/10 days?

Thanks for reading.
      I just asked Dr. Cole about hair transplant doctors in Thailand. He recommends Damkerng Pathomvanich in Bangkok. I don't believe Damkerng Pathomvanich does FUE, but I could be mistaken. Dr. Cole likes his strip work. FYI, excellent strip is better than bad FUE. Dr. Mwamba in Belgium does excellent FUE work. A bit of a trek, but worth the flight if you prefer FUE.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office
      forhair.com
      Cole Hair Transplant
      1070 Powers Place
      Alpharetta, Georgia 30009
      Phone 678-566-1011
      email 35YrsAfter at chuck@forhair.com
      The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice
      Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck
      Last edited by 35YrsAfter; 01-15-2014, 02:27 PM.

Comment

• husqvarnawrk
        • Dec 2013

Originally posted by 35YrsAfter
        I just asked Dr. Cole about hair transplant doctors in Thailand. He recommends Damkerng Pathomvanich in Bangkok. I don't believe Damkerng Pathomvanich does FUE, but I could be mistaken. Dr. Cole likes his strip work. FYI, excellent strip is better than bad FUE. Dr. Mwamba in Belgium does excellent FUE work. A bit of a trek, but worth the flight if you prefer FUE.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office
        forhair.com
        Cole Hair Transplant
        1070 Powers Place
        Alpharetta, Georgia 30009
        Phone 678-566-1011
        email 35YrsAfter at chuck@forhair.com
        The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice
        Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck
        Many thanks for your feedback.

I will ask about Dr. Path, who seems to have a really good reputation online. I don't want to do FUT as I keep my hair short and the scar would definitely show.

Being able to go through this in Thailand would help massively, since I live in Singapore at the moment and don't want to travel to Europe on purpose.

If there are other surgeons recommended for FUE regionally (2-3 hour flight), I'd love to check them out.

Thanks again for the great feedback.

Comment

Working...