+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by jfox223 View Post
    How bad is NW 2 in the scheme of things? I was under the impression it could be reflective of no substantial hair loss, simply maturation of the hairline? NW 1 is supposed to be a hairline with no loss at all or the juvenile hairline, right? Do I fit somewhere in between, or is the loss very visible? I'm so confused!

(Thanks for your help btw)
    NW1 is = mature hairline.

The way I look at it, any hairline that looks straight more or less when you look direction at it, and basically is perfectly rounded from corner to corner is your "mature" hairline. It's different for a lot of people exactly what it looks like, but if it's round, even, and straightish, you're good.

I say you're a nw2ish because your corners are gone. But your hair is so thick that if you maintained it like that, you could either push some hair forward at the corners to hide it with any length, or at a buzz nobody would notice either. Where you are at right now is enviable for a lot of people, but you're definitely losing it. The key is the figure out how fast.

Quote Originally Posted by redy View Post
    NW1 is = mature hairline.

The way I look at it, any hairline that looks straight more or less when you look direction at it, and basically is perfectly rounded from corner to corner is your "mature" hairline. It's different for a lot of people exactly what it looks like, but if it's round, even, and straightish, you're good.

I say you're a nw2ish because your corners are gone. But your hair is so thick that if you maintained it like that, you could either push some hair forward at the corners to hide it with any length, or at a buzz nobody would notice either. Where you are at right now is enviable for a lot of people, but you're definitely losing it. The key is the figure out how fast.
    Yes, you're right, the corners are eroded. But I will say they were never 'straight', and the hair in the right corner has always grown like a cowlick. Why is my NW 2 'ish'? Does it need to recede more before it's a full blown NW 2?

Does this mean I should start pressing my doctor for a finasteride prescription? I'm very keen to maintain, if not to restore some hair. If I didn't conceal the hairline as you say with hair pulled forward, would it appear visibly to be receding to others?

At least you've been honest...didn't realise I was 'losing it'...guess I am to go bald.

Quote Originally Posted by jfox223 View Post
    Yes, you're right, the corners are eroded. But I will say they were never 'straight', and the hair in the right corner has always grown like a cowlick. Why is my NW 2 'ish'? Does it need to recede more before it's a full blown NW 2?

Does this mean I should start pressing my doctor for a finasteride prescription? I'm very keen to maintain, if not to restore some hair. If I didn't conceal the hairline as you say with hair pulled forward, would it appear visibly to be receding to others?

At least you've been honest...didn't realise I was 'losing it'...guess I am to go bald.
    If you have determined that you are losing your hair, and will do anything to try to keep it, then yes, time to try finasteride.

Doesn't matter what your current NW is. What matters is if you have miniaturization and, if so, how severe it is. That's what you should be making treatment decisions based on.

It appears to me that you're suffering from the yeahyeahyeah disorder...