+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Forehead looks huge

Hey guys, I just had a quick question. It might come across as strange but anyone who has received a HT, did you think your hairline looked very high after the transplant even when the swelling had gone down? I got a HT and I'm now 7 days post op. The back and sides of my hair are still about an inch long while the frontal third is where I got the HT so that's shaved down. Anybody else have similar concerns after a HT? Thanks for reading guys.

Billy

Hey Billyzane,
    can you post some pics?

Posting pics would help us answer I think

Most transplants I see, the hairline looks to high and/or the temples are not restored enough (forehead too broad)
    Might need another procedure to close in the facial frame but, be careful about using too many grafts in case your loss progresses in the future

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by billyzane View Post
    Hey guys, I just had a quick question. It might come across as strange but anyone who has received a HT, did you think your hairline looked very high after the transplant even when the swelling had gone down? I got a HT and I'm now 7 days post op. The back and sides of my hair are still about an inch long while the frontal third is where I got the HT so that's shaved down. Anybody else have similar concerns after a HT? Thanks for reading guys.

Billy
    When it comes to hair restoration, a high hairline is a good, if not great thing. We had three patients in for repair last year who had their hairline placed too low by another doctor. It's far more difficult to reverse a low hairline than it is to lower a high hairline. When a doctor gives a patient a high hairline, it's nearly always done with good reason. The most common reason is donor preservation. If a doctor believes you could lose more hair down the road, he should place the hairline higher so you won't end up with an unnatural "island" of hair in the front at a future date. Remember, with a low grafted hairline, there is the possibility, you could lose native hair around the grafted area.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office
    forhair.com
    Cole Hair Transplant
    1070 Powers Place
    Alpharetta, Georgia 30009
    Phone 678-566-1011
    email 35YrsAfter at chuck@forhair.com
    The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice
    Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by 35YrsAfter View Post
    When it comes to hair restoration, a high hairline is a good, if not great thing. We had three patients in for repair last year who had their hairline placed too low by another doctor. It's far more difficult to reverse a low hairline than it is to lower a high hairline. When a doctor gives a patient a high hairline, it's nearly always done with good reason. The most common reason is donor preservation. If a doctor believes you could lose more hair down the road, he should place the hairline higher so you won't end up with an unnatural "island" of hair in the front at a future date. Remember, with a low grafted hairline, there is the possibility, you could lose native hair around the grafted area.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office
    forhair.com
    Cole Hair Transplant
    1070 Powers Place
    Alpharetta, Georgia 30009
    Phone 678-566-1011
    email 35YrsAfter at chuck@forhair.com
    The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice
    Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck
    To be honest, this is a real shame.

I have a long face, so by having a high hairline really does my face no justice - it longates it. I also dont have a square jawline like arnold scwezenegger which can balance the face.

I'm really frustrated by how primitive hair technology is.

Quote Originally Posted by 25 going on 65 View Post
    Most transplants I see, the hairline looks to high and/or the temples are not restored enough (forehead too broad)
    Might need another procedure to close in the facial frame but, be careful about using too many grafts in case your loss progresses in the future
    Sigh, we are so ****ed mate.

It is only because of hairloss, that I am keen to just find a partner to settle down with ASAP. As I know my looks will fade and things will become harder.

If I never had hairloss, I would be playing the field hard.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahyeahyeah View Post
    Sigh, we are so ****ed mate.

It is only because of hairloss, that I am keen to just find a partner to settle down with ASAP. As I know my looks will fade and things will become harder.

If I never had hairloss, I would be playing the field hard.
    I actually LOL'd when I read this. C'mon dude, you aren't even close to needing a transplant. I don't think there is a transplant doctor that would even consider giving you a transplant now, not even an unethical one.

Quote Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    I actually LOL'd when I read this. C'mon dude, you aren't even close to needing a transplant. I don't think there is a transplant doctor that would even consider giving you a transplant now, not even an unethical one.
    Have you seen Rahal's hair transplants?

Quote Originally Posted by yeahyeahyeah View Post
    Have you seen Rahal's hair transplants?
    I just did check them out. I have also seen pics of your hair. I don't know what your future holds, but for now your hairline is good and natural looking. There is no reason why you shouldn't be hitting the dating scene hard. Your hair is plenty good to get yourself a good looking girlfriend/wife. If you are worried about what the future holds. You said before that your hair loss is slow, so you should have many years of good hair left. By the time your hair starts to go, I am sure your wife would have aged maybe even put on weight and not look as good as she once did. You will be perfect for each other.