+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    I just did check them out. I have also seen pics of your hair. I don't know what your future holds, but for now your hairline is good and natural looking. There is no reason why you shouldn't be hitting the dating scene hard. Your hair is plenty good to get yourself a good looking girlfriend/wife. If you are worried about what the future holds. You said before that your hair loss is slow, so you should have many years of good hair left. By the time your hair starts to go, I am sure your wife would have aged maybe even put on weight and not look as good as she once did. You will be perfect for each other.
    Trouble is I look like Ross from friends.

Now imagine Ross from friends losing his temple peaks, and having a receeding hairline. He will look really weird as he has a long face.

Hairloss to be honest is one thing I did not want to happen to me for this reason, slight hairloss has really impaired my looks - simply because my face looks even longer, throwing everything out of proportion.

It's got me really depressed.

If I had a rounder face, or squarer jaw (like pierce brosnan) it wouldn't be an issue. He actually looks good with hairloss.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahyeahyeah View Post
    Trouble is I look like Ross from friends.

Now imagine Ross from friends losing his temple peaks, and having a receeding hairline. He will look really weird as he has a long face.

Hairloss to be honest is one thing I did not want to happen to me for this reason, slight hairloss has really impaired my looks - simply because my face looks even longer, throwing everything out of proportion.

It's got me really depressed.

If I had a rounder face, or squarer jaw (like pierce brosnan) it wouldn't be an issue. He actually looks good with hairloss.
    That's my hairline:

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yeahyeahyeah View Post
    To be honest, this is a real shame.

I have a long face, so by having a high hairline really does my face no justice - it longates it. I also dont have a square jawline like arnold scwezenegger which can balance the face.

I'm really frustrated by how primitive hair technology is.
    I forgot to mention that some young men just have a natural high forehead and no MPB in their family. A HairCheck can determine if there is any miniaturization going on. In cases of a high forehead and very low likelihood of MPB, reputable hair transplant doctors will usually go ahead with a slightly lower hairline.

We had three patients last year who thought they wanted a low hairline and once it grew in, they didn't like it, wanted it removed and their original hairline restored. Just thought I'd mention that.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office
    forhair.com
    Cole Hair Transplant
    1045 Powers Place
    Alpharetta, Georgia 30009
    Phone 678-566-1011
    email 35YrsAfter at chuck@forhair.com
    I am not a doctor and the content of my posts are my opinions, not medical advice.
    Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by 35YrsAfter View Post
    I forgot to mention that some young men just have a natural high forehead and no MPB in their family. A HairCheck can determine if there is any miniaturization going on. In cases of a high forehead and very low likelihood of MPB, reputable hair transplant doctors will usually go ahead with a slightly lower hairline.

We had three patients last year who thought they wanted a low hairline and once it grew in, they didn't like it, wanted it removed and their original hairline restored. Just thought I'd mention that.

forhair.com
    Cole Hair Transplant
    1045 Powers Place
    Phone 678-566-1011
    I am not a doctor and the content of my posts are my opinions, not medical advice.
    TBH I know a lower hairline suits me better, as I have photos from my early 20s sporting one.

Never mind

What do you consider a "low hairline"? It depends on the face and head shape as well as the native, non-receceded position of the hairline, no? Are you talking lower than 6cm from the glabella?

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by haas View Post
    What do you consider a "low hairline"? It depends on the face and head shape as well as the native, non-receceded position of the hairline, no? Are you talking lower than 6cm from the glabella?
    It really depends. Here is one of our patients who was unhappy with his low hairline. He first attempted to "kill" the grafts with laser treatment. That was unsuccessful, so he had to have them surgically removed.

forhair.com
    Cole Hair Transplant
    1070 Powers Place
    Phone 678-566-1011
    The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	low-hairline.jpg

Size:	88.7 KB
ID:	24693  

It really depends. Here is one of our patients who was unhappy with his low hairline. He first attempted to "kill" the grafts with laser treatment. That was unsuccessful, so he had to have them surgically removed.
    Yah, I'd say 5.5cm is low by anyone in the HT industry's standards.

Just curious, cause I have heard Dr. Cole refer to 7cm as a lower hairline before. Depending on head and face geometry, however 7cm could be completely natural, mature position of the hairline....

There are IMHO too many variables between patients to simply associate a number to the placement and commencement of the hairline.

Yet if it goes below the frontallis area, then it will look juvenile or odd on an adult.
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

forhair.com
    Cole Hair Transplant
    1070 Powers Place
    Phone 678-566-1011
    The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice
    where would the tape measure begin?
    in between the brows, at the top of them?

can you show a pic of where you would start the measurement to determine the height of a hairline?

never saw the forehead measured like this.

i like that Dr. Cole does this