+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by DepressedByHairLoss View Post
    I actually don't mind Joe from Staten Island. He's just a man in great suffering and pain. Sure he is a bit extreme, but none of us have walked a mile in his shoes. I don't think any of us are full-blown NW6's or NW7's and have any scarring or disfigurement from botched hair transplant massacres. IMO, it's impossible for some one with an NW2 to grasp what it's like to live life as an NW6 or NW7. I know that I can't.

True, but I would go further. You have to take chronological age and time of dealing with hair loss into account as well. I listened to an episode where he was talking to Spencer about how his doctor told him that a cure was less than five years away back in the early 1980s. Imagine that! Imagine having been told "5 years" for 30+ years. A young NW6 can't relate to the level of bitterness that would inspire.
    Joe is obviously a bit nutty and out there, but like Spencer has said "there's a bit of Joe in all of us."

I don't dislike JFSI. He can be frustrating, he can be stubborn, as we all can be but I don't dislike him. He's been through a lot and he has his opinions, some of which I disagree with. Nothing more nothing less.
    www.HassonandWong.com

All opinions are my own and may not necessarily be shared by Dr. Wong and/or Dr. Hasson.

If you are interested in having an online consultation visit www.hassonandwong.ca

To view my story and history visit my website at www.hairtransplantmentor.com

hey joetronic, this showed up on the forums

I had an appointment with Dr. Hasson from Hasson and Wang Hair Transplants in Vancouver, BC today. I recently started losing my hair about a year and a half ago and have had no luck with treatments like oral fin and rogaine. I read on this forum that they were giving out a topical fin solution that seemed to eliminate sides so I thought I might as well try it. I got a prescription for it today and I will make sure to update after a few months with my progress. The interesting piece of info that Dr. Hasson shared was regarding the development of future treatments. He seemed pretty optimistic about future treatments. He specifically said that there was an anti-androgen treatment currently in clinical trials for hair loss that may be out within a year. He also said that he didn't have much faith in Histogen and that he wasn't expecting anything major to come from them any time soon. I'm just passing on what he said today, so don't shoot the messenger lol. I know we tend to get overly optimistic about any new possible treatment and peg it as "the cure" but it's still nice to hear there's something in the works that could be available to us soon.

Can yoou shed some light on this? Is this legit? Something coming out soon? Med/product?

Thanks for your input?

Quote Originally Posted by x4342 View Post
    True, but I would go further. You have to take chronological age and time of dealing with hair loss into account as well. I listened to an episode where he was talking to Spencer about how his doctor told him that a cure was less than five years away back in the early 1980s. Imagine that! Imagine having been told "5 years" for 30+ years. A young NW6 can't relate to the level of bitterness that would inspire.
    Joe is obviously a bit nutty and out there, but like Spencer has said "there's a bit of Joe in all of us."
    You've had some very intelligent and educated posts in the past and this one is no different whatsoever. Once again, I agree.

Has the Bald Truth show halted? Been about 3/4 months since the last full one. I know about Spencer's Dad, but wondering if we can expect the show to come back regularly

Hopefully Spencer is doing well during this tough time. I have been there myself.

Yeah, I miss the show too. Maybe Andrew can do it until Spencer is able to? I watched/listened to the Bald Truth show on youtube that Andrew did sometime in 2012 and I thought he did a good job.

Spencer, I hope everything is going as well possible with you and your family.

I was just thinking since you are probably not going to be doing a show for a while, now might be a good time to shave your head and get smp.

Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

Spencer is going through the grieving process right now but he is STRONG.
    Once he is READY to, he will be back on the air.
    Cheers to Spencer and to all

Awe man that sucks. I have been there, losing my mom a few years ago. One of the things that sucks about getting older.