+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

I honestly don't know what to think anymore... Some people are really optimistic about this, others are definitely not. What are the reasons for not being optimistic in this situation? Is it the lack of results/efficacy? Is it the amount of time it's going to take before this product is coming onto the market? Is it something else?

I am that guy that gets all hyped up whenever he sees that there is progress in developping a new treatment, doesn't matter how big or small. The interview Sascha posted is also pretty optimistic (obviously: it's an interview with the ceo). Right now I'm even speculating that there's going to be something very close to a permanent cure within 5 years with replicel.

Could someone help me out of this dream? I know it can't be true. Can it? What can we expect?

Quote Originally Posted by Illusion View Post
    I honestly don't know what to think anymore... Some people are really optimistic about this, others are definitely not. What are the reasons for not being optimistic in this situation? Is it the lack of results/efficacy? Is it the amount of time it's going to take before this product is coming onto the market? Is it something else?

I am that guy that gets all hyped up whenever he sees that there is progress in developping a new treatment, doesn't matter how big or small. The interview Sascha posted is also pretty optimistic (obviously: it's an interview with the ceo). Right now I'm even speculating that there's going to be something very close to a permanent cure within 5 years with replicel.

Could someone help me out of this dream? I know it can't be true. Can it? What can we expect?
    Right now the only thing one should worry about is the success rate of the treatment, because I believe on average there was a 10% improvement for those in the phase 2 trial but only like 64% responded. Also regarding if the results are permanent or if they require continuous treatment. Other than that it is looking pretty good in terms of progress, as Replicel clearly has the funds and resources. I doubt this or histogen is a cure for those with NW5-7 hairloss, but if one adds a few hair transplants in the mix, you may very well have a pretty good head of hair.

The thing with Replicel is that we still don't really know what they are capable of. An improvement of 10% might be something for low norwoods, but for people with advanced hair loss it might not make much of a difference cosmetically. As far as I know, Replicel hasn't released any photos, and they haven't tested their treatment on slick bald areas of scalp. When Replicel initially released their phase I results, a lot of people here were very disappointed. They also pulled a shenanigan right before the results were released with a stock pump that got many people on this forum very upset.

That said they are one of a handful of companies that are doing clinical trials for hair loss treatments. That they're still around and that Shiseido saw something in them is promising.

Quote Originally Posted by Haircure View Post
    Right now the only thing one should worry about is the success rate of the treatment, because I believe on average there was a 10% improvement for those in the phase 2 trial but only like 64% responded. Also regarding if the results are permanent or if they require continuous treatment. Other than that it is looking pretty good in terms of progress, as Replicel clearly has the funds and resources. I doubt this or histogen is a cure for those with NW5-7 hairloss, but if one adds a few hair transplants in the mix, you may very well have a pretty good head of hair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thinning@30 View Post
    The thing with Replicel is that we still don't really know what they are capable of. An improvement of 10% might be something for low norwoods, but for people with advanced hair loss it might not make much of a difference cosmetically. As far as I know, Replicel hasn't released any photos, and they haven't tested their treatment on slick bald areas of scalp. When Replicel initially released their phase I results, a lot of people here were very disappointed. They also pulled a shenanigan right before the results were released with a stock pump that got many people on this forum very upset.

That said they are one of a handful of companies that are doing clinical trials for hair loss treatments. That they're still around and that Shiseido saw something in them is promising.
    Thanks for the reality check guys. Always good to see posts like these to get a different perspective on the situation. It's funny because until yesterday I actually hadn't even read anything about the succes rate of replicel's first trial. I guess I just went along with the enthusiasm most of the posters gave off. But yeah, Shiseido seeing anything in them is promising indeed.

I think these guys are a joke. Intercytex and ARI already failed with the DP culture technology, and they think they can succeed just because they're using a different cell type? Yeah right. DP culture has proven to be very unreliable, I think ARI got like a 60% response, which is what they seem to be getting as well. What's worse is how overly promotional the CEO is, and these are the same guys who hired a firm to promote their stocks.....

So I am new to commenting but I have been viewing comments for a while. During the month of October I learned about Replicel and what they had to offer I believed after seeing they were taking actions in other countries for testing we may have results sooner than in USA. I haven't seen any new posts about this in particular, so I went and searched for them in google and their VP will be doing a presentation on new (I hope new) results. http://money.cnn.com/news/newsfeeds/...re/1162443.htm

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH123 View Post
    So I am new to commenting but I have been viewing comments for a while. During the month of October I learned about Replicel and what they had to offer I believed after seeing they were taking actions in other countries for testing we may have results sooner than in USA. I haven't seen any new posts about this in particular, so I went and searched for them in google and their VP will be doing a presentation on new (I hope new) results. http://money.cnn.com/news/newsfeeds/...re/1162443.htm
    Don't expect anything new. David Hall does pretty much the same presentation everywhere he goes. Not that its bad, but... if youre here long enough like myself or others, eventually the presentations mean nothing to you.

This is a response recently from replicel, on Facebook, speaking of commencement of trials… "We did have, as you may know, some manufacturing issues to resolve which slowed down our progression to the phase 2 trial considerably. This has now been resolved and we are ready, once again, to go full speed ahead with clinical development and testing. We are also pleased that Shiseido now has their manufacturing facility ready and has validated their ability to manufacture the product meaning they anticipate also being able to proceed shortly with their own trial in Japan concurrent with ours. While 2014 was a year of re-tooling, 2015 will be all about moving forward as quickly as possible on both clinical trials for RCH-01 for pattern baldness in addition to our other clinical trials."

I don't know what to think about replicel. I feel like all my hopes are pinned on it (I don't have an interest in rubbing a topical on my head everyday). What do you guys think? It's really heartbreaking to get these glimpses of possible hop to keep our hair and have nothing ever come around. I wish the researchers could be more open with us. Sometimes replycel talks like it can be a cure, but their results were crap. I'm sure they know better than us what the potential is, and I'm not totally sure why it's even being tested when the phase 1 was bad.

What keeps me optimistic is their partnership with Shiseido, I have a hard time believing the Japanese are going to spend 4M in agreements + build a new facility for something that is a dead end.

On the other hand Replicel is full of excuses to begin phase 2...I dont want to keep listening to this "will begin soon" statement and would like to know an actual date for once