RepliCel Reports Progress on Shiseido Technology

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sdsurfin
    • Sep 2013

Another thing I don't understand: Have DSC cells been proven to maintain inductive potential in culture? If they have, then why are other scientists even bothering with dermal papillae? It seems like replicel's entire concept hinges on the inductivity and "aliveness" of the DSC cells. are there any studies that have assessed this?

Comment

• yagazooci
      • Apr 2012

This link is to an independent study which replicel recently stated further validates what they have been saying since Hoffmann and McElwee discovered how the DSCs differ from the DP etc…

Comment

• joachim
        • May 2014

Originally posted by sdsurfin
        Another thing I don't understand: Have DSC cells been proven to maintain inductive potential in culture? If they have, then why are other scientists even bothering with dermal papillae? It seems like replicel's entire concept hinges on the inductivity and "aliveness" of the DSC cells. are there any studies that have assessed this?
        i too would like to know that. if they solved to multiply DSC cells with maintaining all required gene characteristics, then it's a real game changer and makes their whole concept much more promising. maybe this is something they improved in the last years which took them so long.
        is there a way to ask them about that? via facebook/twitter/email? something like: the whole problem with DP cells for years is that they can't be cultured in vitro without losing gene characteristics/inductivity. are you facing similar problems with DSC cells or is that completely solved? are the multiplied DSC cells completely identical to the original ones, even after several passages?

Comment

• sdsurfin
          • Sep 2013

Originally posted by joachim
          i too would like to know that. if they solved to multiply DSC cells with maintaining all required gene characteristics, then it's a real game changer and makes their whole concept much more promising. maybe this is something they improved in the last years which took them so long.
          is there a way to ask them about that? via facebook/twitter/email? something like: the whole problem with DP cells for years is that they can't be cultured in vitro without losing gene characteristics/inductivity. are you facing similar problems with DSC cells or is that completely solved? are the multiplied DSC cells completely identical to the original ones, even after several passages?
          You should try to ask them that via Facebook and email. They tend to answer, altho they are pretty curt and not very informative. they might be able to field this one though. let me know how it goes.

Comment

• brocktherock
            • Dec 2013

Originally posted by sdsurfin
            That's understandable, but what I don't understand is this dosage issue. If they used an incredibly high dose in phase I, then why would we expect better results from a lower dose? These are cells they are injecting, so you would think the more the merrier. They keep harping on the multiple shots also, but they are only doing one additional shot at 90 days. Not that this might not make a difference, but still, I feel like people are hoping for a miracle to happen. I mean I would still use it if it simply kept my existing hair, but I doubt anyone is going to put it on the market if that's all it does. Thoughts? I also don't know what the holdup is, still no word of trials starting in either japan or germany. makes you wonder.
            I thought about that but just because they said very high doesn't mean they cant go any higher. How can you tell whats the most you can use unless you actually carry out a trial on humans? All side effects reported were considered unrelated to the procedure. It very well could be the more the merrier. After all Sheseido picked them up off results of this trial. It looks like Histogen had 70% improvement and they can't get a partner. I think they know something we don't.

Comment

• sdsurfin
              • Sep 2013

"These hair follicles are too small, engineered follicles will become a reality but it needs more efforts. It is hard to predict clinical trial results."

that's what Dr. Xu says about the recent breakthrough probably being mouse follicles still and not human, and about replicel's trials. Basically no one really knows a whole lot except that someday we will be able to make hair follicles. replicel clearly isn't snake oil ,but i think it could very easily suffer the same fate as aderans. The fact that shiseido backed them means nothing to me, shiseido is a huge corporation that does all kinds of random research, they have millions to throw at a lot of things, and it doesn't necessarily say anything about replicel's effectiveness. the saw the same things we have seen from them, there is no insider info, it is just a bet on something that could work. if you research the R and D dept, they are into all kinds of stuff, including brain research etc. I think it's safe to say that DSC cells have some kind of positive impact, but i don't think anyone knows what they will do long term, they are still not replacing androgen sensitive DP cells or othe skin cells that might play a role in balding. I would guess that this might be similar to propecia, where it helps maintain and regrow a little, but long term might eventually lose its efficacy.

Comment

• brocktherock
                • Dec 2013

Perhaps but that's an awful lot of money for something random. They seem to be quite aggressive with it.

Comment

• macbeth81
                  • Sep 2014

RepliCel submitted their Clinical Trial Application (CTA) for RCS-01, and I would assume clearance will be granted in about a month. Good news, is that RCT-01 and RCS-01 are moving forward, next up is RCH-01.

Comment

• zeos
                    • Oct 2013

sounds like RepliCel(maybe someone could give them a call)

Comment

• hellouser
                      • May 2012

Originally posted by zeos
                      sounds like RepliCel(maybe someone could give them a call)
                      http://theracell.eu/?page_id=2470
                      Replicel = DSC Cells.

The guys you linked to are using Dermal Papilla cells.

Comment

• nave13579
                        • Feb 2015

Originally posted by hellouser
                        Replicel = DSC Cells.

The guys you linked to are using Dermal Papilla cells.
                        Hey Hellouser, could you PM me I am trying to PM you on other forums re Setipip but for some reason am unable to. Thanks!

Comment

Working...