+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Default replicel news

Excerpt from a stock trading article now on replicel's website. Sounds tentatively promising, if it doesn't take forever to come out. I'm crossing my fingers for the japanese to do this right and quick. seems like you wouldn't have to get treated very often, which is great. The gains weren't great in the first trial, but even for maintenance this would be a godsend right now. So frustrating that we can't get it now. def going to japan if this is released there earlier. Wish I could take fin in the meantime, gonna lose a lot of hair before this happens, if it does.

"Improved Baldness Treatment
    In terms of the company’s baldness treatment, Phase 1 showed positive results in less time than the currently available options. While micro-transplant surgery is the current gold standard – it is expensive and highly dependent on the surgeon – Rogaine and Propecia are the most commonly used options currently. Rogaine has shown 8%-16% density increases over 12 months with topical treatment, and Propecia has shown 7%-14% increases over 12 months with an oral regimen. The Phase 1 RepliCel treatment showed an average 11.3% density gain, with 70% achieving over a 10% gain, with the over 10% group averaging 14.3%. The most significant difference with the RepliCel protocol is the end point. Where Rogaine and Propecia require continued use to maintain gains, after the RepliCel injections, gains remain in place. This is a significant point of differentiation."

+1 on hoping the Japanese move quick. Otherwise we wait until 2016 for Phase IIb data. Considering Replicel's track record it will be delayed... On their Facebook page they mention if Phase IIB is successful it would be appprox. 4 years until it is available in the US. They need to greatly improve on their results though, Phase I-IIa was lackluster. Either way nothing in the US until probably 2019. Time to give finasteride a try.

Quote Originally Posted by macbeth81 View Post
    +1 on hoping the Japanese move quick. Otherwise we wait until 2016 for Phase IIb data. Considering Replicel's track record it will be delayed... On their Facebook page they mention if Phase IIB is successful it would be appprox. 4 years until it is available in the US. They need to greatly improve on their results though, Phase I-IIa was lackluster. Either way nothing in the US until probably 2019. Time to give finasteride a try.
    Could you eventually back up your claims?

Thank god they partnered up with a company based in Japan. That's like the best case scenario for us. Shiseido could have something out by 2016 if they take advantage of the fast-track approval, though they would be idiots not to.

Quote Originally Posted by HairIsLife View Post
    Thank god they partnered up with a company based in Japan. That's like the best case scenario for us. Shiseido could have something out by 2016 if they take advantage of the fast-track approval, though they would be idiots not to.
    Most likely Sheseido will be the fist to release the product.
    We don't have to worry too much about replicel stating that they need x numbers of year to bring something to the market since that is not the objective of the company.
    They have mentioned many times that their business model is to be the R&D engine for bigger companies and with the Shesiedo partnership they already achieve that

The estimated time for the Phase IIb data was stated on slide 10 of their Annual General Meeting, May 2014.

http://www.replicel.com/wp-content/u...-Final-Web.pdf

The estimated time for the US Market was stated as a response to a question on their Facebook, July 2014. I am assuming they mean four years from 2014, and not four years after Phase IIB completes which would be even longer.

https://www.facebook.com/RepliCel/po...tal_comments=2

Phase I-IIa results they published back in 2012. The numbers are nothing to be excited about. If I recall the injections were on thinning zones and not slick bald zones. Even then only +11.8% on average for responders. Also note the results state a follow-up after 24 months to assess safety and efficacy. Instead they extended the trail for 36 months for safety only. That give 5 years of safety data. Not a bad thing but what about efficacy? Did the hair gained remain, did more grow, were the gains lost, did they not even care to check? Also note the interm results state Phase IIb was to start late 2012. They pushed this date back two years, so don't take their estimates too seriously.

http://www.replicel.com/wp-content/u...im-Results.pdf

Sheseido is our only hope for earlier release. Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of faith on Japaneses companies after what happened to Aderans.

The estimated time for the Phase IIb data was stated on slide 10 of their Annual General Meeting, May 2014.

http://www.replicel.com/wp-content/u...-Final-Web.pdf

The estimated time for the US Market was stated as a response to a question on their Facebook, July 2014. I am assuming they mean four years from 2014, and not four years after Phase IIB completes which would be even longer.

https://www.facebook.com/RepliCel/po...tal_comments=2

Phase I-IIa results they published back in 2012. The numbers are nothing to be excited about. If I recall the injections were on thinning zones and not slick bald zones. Even then only +11.8% on average for responders. Also note the results state a follow-up after 24 months to assess safety and efficacy. Instead they extended the trail for 36 months for safety only. That give 5 years of safety data. Not a bad thing but what about efficacy? Did the hair gained remain, did more grow, were the gains lost, did they not even care to check? Also note the interm results state Phase IIb was to start late 2012. They pushed this date back two years, so don't take their estimates too seriously.

http://www.replicel.com/wp-content/u...im-Results.pdf

Sheseido is our only hope for earlier release. Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of faith on Japaneses companies after what happened to Aderans.
    And let's not forget that they are adding some things to their treatment that they didn't do before. At minimum they will be adding repeat treatments and nobody knows how that will turn out. But they may also have made some other treatment changes as well.

replicels stock has been plummeting consistently. Im not sure if this is part of a broader market crash, but can't be good news. Im pretty sure we are all screwed, cures happen every century or so, medicine moves so damn slow and no one who has anything now is impressive at all. al least not enough to waste your money or energy on. even things like aids and cancer research move at a glacial pace and they get tons of money thrown at them. the sad reality is that the government and capitalists don't give a crap about medicine or health or education or anything worthwhile. the only things that get money are war and oil and other shitty pursuits. I think replicel and CB are so hyped up, I for one am not interested in dropping thousands on something that isn't even gonna grow much hair back.

And this is how sdsurfing lost all credibility on this forum.........

Replicel stock has been low ever since they published their Phase 1 results, can't remember when it was, man time passes on fast. However despite those lackluster results they still signed a deal with Shiseido. So the stock price can tell you absolutely nothing. No one is willing to risk investing in Replicel until they show good credible results because a lot of people got burned when they saw Phase 1 results...