+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by sdsurfin View Post
    I'm not sure why shiseido got into it, their preliminary results seemed pretty garbage, but shiseido probably has a lot of money to throw around, and if they can keep charging people 5000 or so a pop and you have to refresh then it'll be a great business for them
    the trials were safety and proof of concept. if their theory works(which is that the number of DSC is responsible for hair length and diameter and injection of cultured DSC can add to that number in balding scalp and can induce hair follicle formation) then I expect they would have great results in dosing trials. they have some science and some results to go further. it may totally fail. it may be a huge success. we can't judge from initial safety trials where the dose is minimized. replicel is based on 10 years of science and research. now shiseido acquired the license and they opened a research facility. they will run their own trial and the research facility is dedicated to hair regeneration. they might tweak the technology.
    take a look: http://www.nature.com/jid/journal/v1.../5602058a.html
    it has the potential to be a cure but it may also fail. we can only wait .

Quote Originally Posted by hgs1989 View Post
    the trials were safety and proof of concept. if their theory works(which is that the number of DSC is responsible for hair length and diameter and injection of cultured DSC can add to that number in balding scalp and can induce hair follicle formation) then I expect they would have great results in dosing trials. they have some science and some results to go further. it may totally fail. it may be a huge success. we can't judge from initial safety trials where the dose is minimized. replicel is based on 10 years of science and research. now shiseido acquired the license and they opened a research facility. they will run their own trial and the research facility is dedicated to hair regeneration. they might tweak the technology.
    take a look: http://www.nature.com/jid/journal/v1.../5602058a.html
    it has the potential to be a cure but it may also fail. we can only wait .
    thanks, your posts are intelligent. And I hope you're correct that it has the potential to do great things. To me it seems a bit strange and disappointing that it was their lead product and now has taken a backseat and will be tested later than for tendinosis.

Hello guys. Since the CEO of replicel David Hall is travelling around like crazy, I think a regular caller of the BaldTruth should call in and ask Spencer what kind of news he was supposed to share with us. Somebody mentioned in a comment, that some time ago Spencer Korben said something like this. By the way, we probably will get the next piece of news about Replicel on the 7th October. If somebody is interested in attending the meeting: http://www.replicel.com/october-7th-...ia-conference/
    I am not the best when it comes to geographie, but I believe this meeting is near San Diego, CA.

Someone should go attend this meeting

Quote Originally Posted by hairlosskills View Post
    Someone should go attend this meeting
    There's gotta be someone in California that can go to the presentation. Truthfully, I don't think anything NEW will come out of the presentation.

I could go, it's near my house. But I highly doubt it's worth it.

However if you want the experts could prepare some questions for me to read and I could ask if I have the chance to. Kind of what Desmond did in Korea, I can record the answers with my phone and post it on YouTube.

We might even make a thread about it in the cutting edge directory as not many people view this thread

Quote Originally Posted by Thinning87 View Post
    I could go, it's near my house. But I highly doubt it's worth it.

However if you want the experts could prepare some questions for me to read and I could ask if I have the chance to. Kind of what Desmond did in Korea, I can record the answers with my phone and post it on YouTube.

We might even make a thread about it in the cutting edge directory as not many people view this thread
    questions would be:

did replicel prove that the method resulted in the formation of new hair follicles ?

did you further monitor the results ? if so, any improvement ?

1. Why does Replicel believe that its' phase 2 results could be significantly improved over its' phase 1 results?

2. What changes has Replicel made that could possibly produce better results than their phase 1 results?

3. How many follow-up repeat injection dates will replicel perform on each patient?

1. I think they believe so with two trials upcoming in Japan and Germany with many many data points to examine; from like 18 trialists to hundreds. I read somewhere they have improved their replication process to be much faster. They did no multiple injections last time either. It's due this time. Things like depth of injection can also be explored as well in the number of trialists this time. Japan's new regulations seem to allow changes to be made midstream, according to Sheseido news about their Kobe project etc.. In the first trial, they went in with a plan and couldn't veer from it. They'd have to start from scratch then, re-applying etc... Thats changed this time, in Japan at least. Seems they have freedom to explore from the way I read it.
    2. same as 1 really.
    3. no idea, but from the experienced people they have on this project, I'd say they'll have these bases well covered. I did read something about day 1 and day 91 somewhere. Or perhaps Mr Hall said it on Varney and Co. interview. Good luck to them and us all!

Quote Originally Posted by sdsurfin View Post
    Replicel has never been about DP cells. They culture DSC cells, which can be cultured in 2D. I bet their treatment works for a little while, but if you have to keep getting re-ups of a 5000 dollar treatment then that is pretty ludicrous for most. I doubt theres any way that even a good exposure to healthy DSC cells will save your hair for good, you still have all this DP and other cells that are prone to balding. If it is not too cost prohibitive it might be great as a bridge until they can inject whole follicle seeds. I'm not sure why shiseido got into it, their preliminary results seemed pretty garbage, but shiseido probably has a lot of money to throw around, and if they can keep charging people 5000 or so a pop and you have to refresh then it'll be a great business for them
    I am convinced that the treatment costs between 3000 - 5000 dollars, not one single injection. In their phase 2 trial they will try multiple injections and do not forget that this kind of hair treatments show their efficiency after a greater number of months, since the hair cycle isn't the fastes. We only know about 6-month data.