+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    Looks like we've got an idea of how much the treatment should cost for a hair loss treatment! Watch this video:

http://video.foxbusiness.com/v/37757...ndon-injuries/

At the end of it the host asks how much will it cost for the treatment of tendonosis, and David Hall gives a straight up answer 'this is probably going to be 3,000 to 5,000 dollars.'

That's relatively cheap should the treatment for hair loss be that much. FUE/FUT/Piloscopy doctors should start shaking in their boots. Charging upwards of 10,000 for a few thousand follicles is highway robbery... ESPECIALLY if you consider that Piloscopy cuts the time down of extracting grafts, because the majority of actual costs for these procedures is not 'raw materials' but rather a doctors and team's TIME.
    3000 for 11% is not cheap and you will feel like robbed for nothing. now if replicel technique really works, the effect on the hair follicles(the one that can be repaired) is not limited by anything except dosing. it will be compoundable. many injections can do wonders (again if it work as said by repairing and also creating new follicles). we can't do many injections at 3000$ a 1000 to 1500 is good. combine that with histogen and we will have good times again. a hair tranplant to fi the hair line and cb for maintenance. gosh can 2017 come any closer

Quote Originally Posted by hgs1989 View Post
    3000 for 11% is not cheap and you will feel like robbed for nothing. now if replicel technique really works, the effect on the hair follicles(the one that can be repaired) is not limited by anything except dosing. it will be compoundable. many injections can do wonders (again if it work as said by repairing and also creating new follicles). we can't do many injections at 3000$ a 1000 to 1500 is good. combine that with histogen and we will have good times again. a hair tranplant to fi the hair line and cb for maintenance. gosh can 2017 come any closer
    Aderans treatment was able to halt further loss. I'd pay that much to do just that. We'll see how things go. I've emailed Tammey George asking about Replicel's initiative to roll out the treatment during Phase 2 trials in Japan in accordance with Japan's new legislation for stem cell treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by hgs1989 View Post
    Let's not speculate on prices at all when we don't even know the potential of the treatment yet.

Quote Originally Posted by FearTheLoss View Post
    Let's not speculate on prices at all when we don't even know the potential of the treatment yet.
    Well its safe to say it'll be a similar amount considering the biopsy is done from the back of the head and cultured similarly. The price difference for the tendonosis treatment vs. baldness shouldn't be TOO great. As long as it's under 10k, I'd be satisfied... if it's 5k, I'd be ecstatic.

I'd pay 15k to have a treatment that stopped hair loss for a good portion of time, but I'm saying it's useless to worry about price or anything yet if we don't even know it works or if it will come to market.

That being said, I'm thinking they really have something here due to their investments and the quotes I posted a page back from David Hall's interview yesterday.

I think RepliCel is gonna do it for us all.

Yes, they will!

I don't think so.

Replicel has not yet even taken advantage of the new technology to produce iSP DP cells so that means that they will have to culture DP cells so a lot of trichogenicity will be lost. The company Replicel may ultimately produce a treatment that works but the treatment that they are presently studying will need more tweaks before it's a breakthrough. Those new tweaks aren't even discovered yet. And once they're discovered, Replicel will add those new tweaks which means that Replicel will have to start all over with new clinical trials since the new tweaks means it's a new treatment so clinical trials have to start all over.

Quote Originally Posted by nameless View Post
    I don't think so.

Replicel has not yet even taken advantage of the new technology to produce iSP DP cells so that means that they will have to culture DP cells so a lot of trichogenicity will be lost. The company Replicel may ultimately produce a treatment that works but the treatment that they are presently studying will need more tweaks before it's a breakthrough. Those new tweaks aren't even discovered yet. And once they're discovered, Replicel will add those new tweaks which means that Replicel will have to start all over with new clinical trials since the new tweaks means it's a new treatment so clinical trials have to start all over.
    Wasn't there some kind of news of them switching up their culturing method to 3D? That could be key...

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    Wasn't there some kind of news of them switching up their culturing method to 3D? That could be key...
    Replicel has never been about DP cells. They culture DSC cells, which can be cultured in 2D. I bet their treatment works for a little while, but if you have to keep getting re-ups of a 5000 dollar treatment then that is pretty ludicrous for most. I doubt theres any way that even a good exposure to healthy DSC cells will save your hair for good, you still have all this DP and other cells that are prone to balding. If it is not too cost prohibitive it might be great as a bridge until they can inject whole follicle seeds. I'm not sure why shiseido got into it, their preliminary results seemed pretty garbage, but shiseido probably has a lot of money to throw around, and if they can keep charging people 5000 or so a pop and you have to refresh then it'll be a great business for them