+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default ESPN Discussing Labron James' hairline

I just saw a segment on ESPN where Steven A. Smith and other bozo's discuss and joke about Labron James' hairline. It was worth discussing because of course hair is related to sports. Hair loss is also no big deal, funny, and should be joked about at every opportunity.

Man I hate seeing shit like this. I got off work at the pub I work at the other night and this d-bag was sitting at the bar talking to one of the servers about how at class today he couldn't believe that all the girls in his lecture were taking the profs side over his in an argument they were having. His reason why they should have sided with him was because the prof was bald and old and ugly where as he has great hair and is hot. He didn't care if he was right, just that since he is "hot" the girls should have sided with him. He looked at me and said "I don't get it" I just walked away but it took all my restraint not to tear a strip off the guy.

I know it's not related but your story reminded me of this. I'm learning to accept hair loss but it's tough when you get reminded that most of society still sees it as something to laugh about.

You just gotta remember the people worth associating with are the ones who don't care about shit like this.

That guy sounds like a complete clueless moron. He is one of the guys that I would say deserves to suffer from hair loss.

Your story is definitely related. Just another example of how someone gets devalued just because they are losing their hair. Another example of people joking about something that really isn't funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Cr779 View Post
    Man I hate seeing shit like this. I got off work at the pub I work at the other night and this d-bag was sitting at the bar talking to one of the servers about how at class today he couldn't believe that all the girls in his lecture were taking the profs side over his in an argument they were having. His reason why they should have sided with him was because the prof was bald and old and ugly where as he has great hair and is hot. He didn't care if he was right, just that since he is "hot" the girls should have sided with him. He looked at me and said "I don't get it" I just walked away but it took all my restraint not to tear a strip off the guy.

I know it's not related but your story reminded me of this. I'm learning to accept hair loss but it's tough when you get reminded that most of society still sees it as something to laugh about.

You just gotta remember the people worth associating with are the ones who don't care about shit like this.
    Just be thankful that your hairloss is so minimal that this guy still thought he could look to you to validate his views....

Unfortunately Lebron James hair line is an ongoing joke topic within the NBA fanbase. Lebron James even uses two headbands to cover his forehead.

In Lebron's case, because of hair type and texture, he has to follow the NBA greats and just shave it off like Jordan, Jabbar, Barkley, O'Neal, Allen, I can go on and on. He's holding on to his hair when really, his hair type, skin color(no racism meant), and stature/physique fit well with the bald look.

I hate for some one to just tell me to shave it off, but I am not put under a microscope and my hair loss is not a topic of discussion on national television like his is. His hair loss haunts him in a nation wide manner. Mine haunts me with individual people. He needs to shave it off. It is unfortunate that there is no cure, because a cure could work for all hair types and textures and Lebron would be MPB free and dudes would stop making fun of the guy. For all the money he has I imagine he is very bothered by the jokes.

I dont know I mean I am sure it still bothers him, but I just cant feel sorry for a guy with millions of dollars. He has and get any girl or anything he wants regardless of hair. The much worse situation is all the ones you dont see or hear about the teenage guy that has a lot of bad crap happening to him, and then on top of that he starts going bald big time at a young age. It destroys you and compounds the depression or bad problems you already had.
    Who gives a flying crap about celebrities or lebron they have no problems but hair not a big deal they will live and probably very well.

Quote Originally Posted by burtandernie View Post
    I dont know I mean I am sure it still bothers him, but I just cant feel sorry for a guy with millions of dollars. He has and get any girl or anything he wants regardless of hair. The much worse situation is all the ones you dont see or hear about the teenage guy that has a lot of bad crap happening to him, and then on top of that he starts going bald big time at a young age. It destroys you and compounds the depression or bad problems you already had.
    Who gives a flying crap about celebrities or lebron they have no problems but hair not a big deal they will live and probably very well.
    How selfish of you. Just because someone worked hard their whole life to become good and famous at something that suddenly lose all the rights to having sympathy? The dude is 29 years old, he is insecure about his hair loss. Give him a break. Should we feel sorry for you only because you didn't overachieve to become great at something so you ended up mediocre like the rest of us and you happen to be losing your hair.

Honestly I am so surprised that Lebron's hair loss is that much of a big deal. His hair loss is not that bad at all and before I noticed my own hair loss, I would never have even thought twice about his.

Quote Originally Posted by locke999 View Post
    How selfish of you. Just because someone worked hard their whole life to become good and famous at something that suddenly lose all the rights to having sympathy?
    Lebron James didn't work hard his whole life, he won the genetic lottery.

No amount of fame or $ can replace looks. Yes fame will get you even more women than good looks but, you will never feel great about yourself when you are a balding 20something like he is (maybe once in awhile but every time you see your ruined image in the mirror you feel the sadness)

I agree w/ PatientlyWaiting, his hair obviously pains him. Always trying to hide it w/ headbands, shirts, hats. I do feel bad for him because he has no way to conceal the loss w/o headwear & it bothers him like crazy.....how much of his wealth would he trade to be a NW1 again? (I saw his hair when he was a teen, he looked like a completely different person almost)
    I am convinced that what you see in the mirror = the biggest factor in how you feel about yourself in daily life.....I have seen many balding, overweight millionaires & none of them seem that content

Lebron James didn't work hard his whole life, he won the genetic lottery.
    Both