+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Depressed, fed up and close to the end

Well, I'm pretty upset whilst I'm writing this guys, but it's ok, if any one will understand it will be the users on here.

Here's my quick story: when I was younger I was always called ugly and fat. That stuck with me. However, when I got a bit older I grew my hair out into a nice curly fro. For the first time then, I was described well by the opposite sex. I've been given so many compliments its unreal. I lost my ugly/fat persona and I was becoming a fine young man, who was progressing mentally and physically.

I had got to university and was it was January of 2012 and I noticed I HUGE ball of hair fall out in the shower. I didn't think anything of it at first. But then I checked my hair line and saw i was receeding. Since that day, it has been 2 torturous years and my hair loss has just worsened and worsened. 8 Months ago I went on propecia and it hasn't done anything yet.

Guys, I've become such a different person and it's killing me slowly. I used to be the 'jovial afro guy', i was friendly and very approachable. Now I'm constantly on edge as to whether people notice my hair loss or not. It doesn't help that all my friends are ****s to people who lose their hair and just piss take constantly. How am I supposed feel free and easy around them knowing that if they see my hair loss I will be slated and any confidence I have and the person I once was will be obliterated.

I have this horrible habit now when I keep touching my hair and lightly running my hands through to see how much falls out. If I feel hair on my skin, i panic as i know another one has fallen out. Its just a bad cycle. and to top it off I've recently lost my girlfriend. She said my hair was the thing that first attracted her. It's just so ****ing shit going from someone who was unattractive, but who knew their place, I was ok with being unattractive I knew who i was. To becoming someone who was attractive, and it took me a while to become that person and now I'm deteriorating into I don't know what.

I can't take this bullshit much longer, sometimes I feel like my head will explode and I just want to end the suffering I feel. I try and better myself, like I've stopped smoking (i used to casually) and don't drink much, I exercise regularly and eat VERY healthily and get 8 hours a day. But my life is just plagued with hair loss.

Well I hope someone can respond, just anything would be nice. I can't talk to people about this who I know for aforementioned reasons.

Thanks

Look don't give up man, if FIN fails try DUT? I know a guy bald jerry on another forum he's been on fin and dut for years and they both failed. Now he's having great success on RU58841, if your willing to fight this then there's nice people here as a community willing to guide you on where to buy and how to use. I for one had better success adding regenepure with FIN daily. I have in my fridge RU as back up I also have DUT as back up, I also have PDG2 blockers as back up as that also is working alone on my work friend. It's not the end, don't give up just because you tried one drug to fight hairloss. If you want help ask here don't leave it to late, either try DUT or try RU58841 smile.

Oh I forgot to mention try high biotin dosage it recently made my hair thick but gave me acne on face as side effects be warned higher dosage works but causes sides.

You need to see a psychiatrist; your rant reads crazy. No one should be feeling the way you feel about hair loss. Does it suck? Yes. Should you be this upset about it? Nope.

Get on the big three and see a shrink.

Quote Originally Posted by Occulus View Post
    You need to see a psychiatrist; your rant reads crazy. No one should be feeling the way you feel about hair loss. Does it suck? Yes. Should you be this upset about it? Nope.

Get on the big three and see a shrink.
    Not true, millions of men feel like he does. Don't downplay hairloss and what it does to people mentally as some mental issue. It's an issue of how people treat hair loss suffers, don't blame the guy. Don't you hear his experience with friends and his GF. It's something caused by other people too, they certainly don't help, they are very insensitive.

Quote Originally Posted by PatientlyWaiting View Post
    Not true, millions of men feel like he does. Don't downplay hairloss and what it does to people mentally as some mental issue. It's an issue of how people treat hair loss suffers, don't blame the guy. Don't you hear his experience with friends and his GF. It's something caused by other people too, they certainly don't help, they are very insensitive.
    This
    We are only human, disfigurement is EXTREMELY depressing because it decreases our value to the opposite gender. Hair loss is 100% the worst thing about my life, nothing else compares when you are under 40 except horrible car accidents or flesh eating bacteria or something

To me the worst thing is losing the ability to look forward to my future, I cant picture myself as a bald man going through the things I have planned or hoped for in my future life.

Quote Originally Posted by 25 going on 65 View Post
    This
    We are only human, disfigurement is EXTREMELY depressing because it decreases our value to the opposite gender. Hair loss is 100% the worst thing about my life, nothing else compares when you are under 40 except horrible car accidents or flesh eating bacteria or something
    And after I made that post I went to hang out at my best friends home with some other friends. There were two girls and 5 guys including me. So one of my friends, who's bald in his early 20s, was playing music from like the 2004-2006 days, and one girl said jokingly that he is playing music from when he actually had hair because he wants his hair back.

I kinda chuckled, but he didn't, he kinda smirked. But you know what I was saying in my previous post, that often this grievance of hair loss is caused by other people's constant insensitivity against hair loss. The problem is, this happens often, it's not only one person that is going to bring up your hair loss as a joke, you're going to go through it constantly, especially if it happened to you in your teens-early 20s when every one you hang out with will likely have a full head of hair and make fun of you in an "endearing" or jokingly manner. You'll go along with it to not be the "party pooper" or the guy who can't take a joke, or needs to lighten up, but little do they know how many times you hear these jokes about a situation that is very serious and crippling to you and your social life.

Quote Originally Posted by PatientlyWaiting View Post
    But you know what I was saying in my previous post, that often this grievance of hair loss is caused by other people's constant insensitivity against hair loss. The problem is, this happens often, it's not only one person that is going to bring up your hair loss as a joke, you're going to go through it constantly, especially if it happened to you in your teens-early 20s when every one you hang out with will likely have a full head of hair and make fun of you in an "endearing" or jokingly manner. You'll go along with it to not be the "party pooper" or the guy who can't take a joke, or needs to lighten up, but little do they know how many times you hear these jokes about a situation that is very serious and crippling to you and your social life.
    As a early thirty slick bald man I promise what you said above will never stop. I have had a shaved head for a decade and every person I have ever known has made countless comments. This includes everyone from family, co-workers, friends and even friends of friends. I can't go anywhere without at least one comment, I told my non-bald brother this and he thought I was crazy but since I've told him he has acknowledge how rampant it is, so don't expect it to ever stop. Sad but true. If hair loss bothers you now it will bother you in 5, 10, 15 years.

Hozzam, that sucks your girlfriend left you because of your hair loss. Sounds like she wasn't very committed to you in the first place if that's all it took for her to leave.

The girls that PatientlyWaiting mentioned are just garbage.

Unless losing hair themselves, people just don't seem to get it. Hair loss is not funny. I don't wish this hair loss crap on anybody except the men and women that put people down who suffering with crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    Hozzam, that sucks your girlfriend left you because of your hair loss. Sounds like she wasn't very committed to you in the first place if that's all it took for her to leave.

The girls that PatientlyWaiting mentioned are just garbage.

Unless losing hair themselves, people just don't seem to get it. Hair loss is not funny. I don't wish this hair loss crap on anybody except the men and women that put people down who suffering with crap.
    tbh it is very normal for young women not to like hair loss. Animal species are like this, individuals are more attracted to the "best specimens" & hair loss is a way to spot sub par genes. Obviously bad hair genes do not always = bad genes in general, look at Michael Jordan. However hair loss is one of the most visible forms of bad genetics, which sucks

I agree it is not funny. When I was a dense NW1 I used to make bald jokes because I was an ignorant idiot, I guess karma got me