+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Just because people tend to not like the appearance doesn't mean its "bad genes." Whatever that means. Just means genes you don't personally like.

That said, talking the "natural selection" point is kinda moot in a modern society. Although when that would have mattered our lifespans probably weren't even long enough for most AA sufferers to be seriously impacted, so who knows.

Also going bald doesn't seem to inhibit male Tsavo lions from commanding larger than average prides, though I wouldn't be surprised if that's because of the hyper-aggressiveness from the testosterone: http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...savolions.html

I'm sorry you're going through a terrible time, Hozzam.

I see bald guys with hot girls every day in NYC. Sucks losing our hair which is why we are all on here but don't for a second think it will stop you from being able to be happy or successful with women, work, etc. Fight it if you can but in the end, just buzz your head, hit the gym and muscle up a bit and own the look.
    We worry so much about our hair which to a certain extent isn't controllable or at least very tough to control, but thats only one aspect of your physical appearance. What about your actual physical shape, lean mass, etc? Any guy losing hair should be in the gym.. Period. I don't mean endless hours on a elliptical trainer, I mean lifting progressively heavier weights and building mass. Better to be bald and ripped then skinny and bald or fat and bald.

if you are having a really tough time, you should speak to a therapist. They have been known to help

Quote Originally Posted by awesome1 View Post
    Just because people tend to not like the appearance doesn't mean its "bad genes." Whatever that means. Just means genes you don't personally like.

That said, talking the "natural selection" point is kinda moot in a modern society. Although when that would have mattered our lifespans probably weren't even long enough for most AA sufferers to be seriously impacted, so who knows.
    By "bad genes" I mean traits which = almost universally undesirable. Like hair loss. Very very rarely do you find girls who actually like balding/baldness (some like shaved heads but that is different). The ones who do, will still gladly be w/ an attractive NW1. Genes that repel mates are bad
    Why do you say natural selection is moot in modern society?

Quote Originally Posted by 25 going on 65 View Post
    tbh it is very normal for young women not to like hair loss. Animal species are like this, individuals are more attracted to the "best specimens" & hair loss is a way to spot sub par genes. Obviously bad hair genes do not always = bad genes in general, look at Michael Jordan. However hair loss is one of the most visible forms of bad genetics, which sucks

I agree it is not funny. When I was a dense NW1 I used to make bald jokes because I was an ignorant idiot, I guess karma got me
    That's not karma, karma doesn't exist. Whether you made fun of people's hairloss or not you still would have been affected. I never made fun of balding people and I'm losing my hair. So it has nothing to do with karma, it has to do with shit hair genetics and bad luck.

Quote Originally Posted by PatientlyWaiting View Post
    And after I made that post I went to hang out at my best friends home with some other friends. There were two girls and 5 guys including me. So one of my friends, who's bald in his early 20s, was playing music from like the 2004-2006 days, and one girl said jokingly that he is playing music from when he actually had hair because he wants his hair back.

I kinda chuckled, but he didn't, he kinda smirked. But you know what I was saying in my previous post, that often this grievance of hair loss is caused by other people's constant insensitivity against hair loss. The problem is, this happens often, it's not only one person that is going to bring up your hair loss as a joke, you're going to go through it constantly, especially if it happened to you in your teens-early 20s when every one you hang out with will likely have a full head of hair and make fun of you in an "endearing" or jokingly manner. You'll go along with it to not be the "party pooper" or the guy who can't take a joke, or needs to lighten up, but little do they know how many times you hear these jokes about a situation that is very serious and crippling to you and your social life.
    PatientlyWaiting, I'm surprised you laughed at her joke, considering you are suffering from hairloss and know how bad a comment like that hurts.

Quote Originally Posted by 25 going on 65 View Post
    By "bad genes" I mean traits which = almost universally undesirable. Like hair loss. Very very rarely do you find girls who actually like balding/baldness (some like shaved heads but that is different). The ones who do, will still gladly be w/ an attractive NW1. Genes that repel mates are bad
    Why do you say natural selection is moot in modern society?
    I agree with you, although I have seen a lot of hot girls with bald/balding guys. My last 2 girlfriends are hot, I feel my confidence is starting to take more and more of hit now that I'm getting older, grayer and losing even more hair. I would assume given a choice a girl will always pick the guy with the full head of hair assuming everything else is equal.