+ Reply to Thread

Question Finasteride is as dangerous as steroids????

Ultimately both are engaging in acting upon the endocrine system....??

Hmmm.....

Quote Originally Posted by FlightTL View Post

Hmmm.....
    That's right they both are. Though Steroids have a much larger effect on the system. Both can have bad sides though.

Do you have anything to validate this claim or are you just pulling it out of your ass?

Not doing this today!

Hmmm.....
    One is illegal and relatively uncontrolled while the other has endured clinical trials and since been prescribed by physicians as a hair loss treatment for decades....??

Hmmm.....

Quote Originally Posted by greatjob! View Post
    Do you have anything to validate this claim or are you just pulling it out of your ass?
    This is serious...Trust me, I would LOVE to take finasteride to grow hair on top, even on my seriously overbald Norwood 7, at such a young age.

Watched a documentary called Truth about steroids on youtube...

Finasteride inhibits a certain part of test(namely DHT)...But, remember DHT has a very vital role for humans...It is not just a mere coinsidence that nature intended humans to have this...the problem is with our gene code telliing us to attack (genetically prone to hair loss) hair follicles.

Steroids adds a ton of extra testosterone(sometimes natural sometimes synthetic) into our bloodstream...Our endocrine system sees it, and says wow, it might be time for me to take a break...hence why bodybuilders sometimes need to continue a low dose after retiring from bodybuilding.

And remember this, doctors prescribe testosterone and GH too...within safe dosages.....

Again, I will reiterate I would love to take FIN....I WOULD, as I have no hair left, it saddens me....

But this documentary got me thinking.....

I WISH YOU ALL THE SAFEST HAIR LOSS PREVENTION OUT THERE, AND I HOPE YOU ALL HAVE NO SIDES EVER.

Take care,
    FlightTL

This is serious...Trust me, I would LOVE to take finasteride to grow hair on top, even on my seriously overbald Norwood 7, at such a young age.

Watched a documentary called Truth about steroids on youtube...

Finasteride inhibits a certain part of test(namely DHT)...But, remember DHT has a very vital role for humans...It is not just a mere coinsidence that nature intended humans to have this...the problem is with our gene code telliing us to attack (genetically prone to hair loss) hair follicles.

Steroids adds a ton of extra testosterone(sometimes natural sometimes synthetic) into our bloodstream...Our endocrine system sees it, and says wow, it might be time for me to take a break...hence why bodybuilders sometimes need to continue a low dose after retiring from bodybuilding.

And remember this, doctors prescribe testosterone and GH too...within safe dosages.....

Again, I will reiterate I would love to take FIN....I WOULD, as I have no hair left, it saddens me....

But this documentary got me thinking.....

I WISH YOU ALL THE SAFEST HAIR LOSS PREVENTION OUT THERE, AND I HOPE YOU ALL HAVE NO SIDES EVER.

Take care,
    FlightTL
    What does any of that have to do with finasteride or hair loss?

Take care,
    FlightTL
    Not reality, EVER.

Show me ANY drug that doesn't have a list of potential sides. There is no topical or medication that we take internally that is 100% side free, people need to accept that. Unless you get a transplant, which has its' own dangers/drawbacks, ALL other hair loss treatments have potential for sides. That's right ALL of them. I wish there was something out there today that helped fight hair loss and was 100% side effect free, but there isn't. If the possibility of sides is what is keeping you from treating your hair loss, then you will be bald before you find it, that is a fact. I don't like the fact that I need to take drugs to keep my hair, but I am not going to come here and complain about losing my hair and refuse to do anything about it.

It comes down to two choices:
    1. Accept the possibility of sides if you decide to treat your hairloss.
    2. Accept going bald.

Notcoolanymore, you did mention u look like Johnny Cage right???

With those handsome looks, you could have a close crop and rock the dating scene....No drugs, rugs, or plugs for you!

My hair was like johnny cage's. I am not a bad looking guy, but I think I look better with hair. At the end of the day all that matters is that we like what we see when we look in the mirror. I like myself better with hair. If I could shave my head and be happy, believe me I would do that in a heartbeat. At this point, I am not ready to do, so I will just have to use the treatments me have and hope for the best.

BTW, johnny cage would look like crap if he was slick bald.