+ Reply to Thread

Default Thymus Peptides Treatment

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-relea...236196651.html

Just presenting this as I don't think this has been posted yet. I'm not making any claims about the significance of this (it might not be significant at all), just putting it out there.

I've actually read a fair amount about this stuff. There are some products online containing thymus extract that seem to have pretty good reviews behind them.

Interesting, especially since the article claims this stuff helped resolve seborrhea and MPB itch. I would like more information. I couldn't tell if this was a topical or some kind of pill. There are commercial products on the market with thymus peptides in them. Perhaps this is a candidate for a DIY trial?

It's a little hard to get straight what is going on here, particularly because the journal that this finding is published in seems very obscure. It looks like at a minimum what they used in the experiment is a shampoo that is made by the company that sponsored the research (which makes the findings a little suspect, although this practice is not uncommon). It looks like they might have also added a "serum" to the mix as well though. There's a link to the company's website (through which I think they sell some of the shampoo) in the article but I'm personally at least a little suspicious about the whole thing now that I've reviewed it in some more depth.

However, it does look there might be some general significance to thymus peptides. The article by Meier that that they cite to is in a reputable journal and looks legit. However, it looks like fairly early days when it comes to investigating their role in hair growth/hair loss.

But, all in all, always good to have more research being done and more potential avenues being explored, both because it means it might be more likely they'll stumble on something that works and because I think each new avenue attracts more attention and potentially more investment (and the more investment there is, the more legitimate an area for investment and research it will seem, thus attracting more investment, etc.).

Interesting, the thymus starts to degenerate when you are an adult and is strongest when you are an adolescent. When they removed the thymus with animals one of the side effect was hair loss. So maybe that's what triggers hair loss with men.

Yeah, it's interesting, there could be a connection. Some might say it seems kind of obvious, but a lot of times things turn out to be simpler than one would expect. It would be interesting to know if there are thymus differences between people that are the same age and that have or don't have hair loss.