Threaded View

Default Potentially Developing Gynecomastia on Finasteride

Hi guys. I have been taking propecia for two months now (first month 0.5g, second month 1g). You can check my other thread for my story. But basically i noticed a bit of boob on myself in the mirror a few days ago and freaked out. I have had no other sides at all (libido is up if anything over the last month) and would obviously hate to have to stop taking propecia. At this stage the moobs are very slight.

The problem is i'm having a hard time identifying whether I definitely have gyno or not. I have definitely gained a bit of fat/weight since starting propecia, as my diet has been slacking recently (perhaps propecia is exacerbating the weight gain- not sure). I am currently just over 'average' weight into the 'overweight' category as far as BMI is concerned- so its not like i have moobs with a highly toned body. I am technically a bit overweight, and the rest of my stomach is slightly flabby, so I guess its not paticularly odd that i would develop a bit of moob. I would actually say that before propecia, my breast area was the least affected part of me when i gained fat. So my current weight/ body shape makes it hard to say whether propecia has simply made me gain my fat in the more womanly areas- which i have had anecdotal evidence from a friend that it does- or whether it is giving me actual gynecomastia and a swelling of the breast gland that wont go away with weight loss. Obviously the former is very manageable, and the latter very much isn't.

In terms of the symptoms, I sort of feel like they all apply to me but then they also don't properly. I have a lot of chest soreness- but it is predominantly in other areas around the breast, such as the inner chest and the area where the arms meet the body (above the armpit sort of). My breasts are actually the only area in my upper torso that isn't particularly sore at all. My nipples look completely normal (no puffiness) and don't itch at all. I would say I can sort of feel a lump behind the nipple- but apparently that doesnt really indicate anything. When i push hard on my nipple- i feel no pain beyond the obvious really. I should also point out that this chest soreness all began the day i noticed the moob- so definite potential for some psychological elements to be present.

So has anyone else started to develop gyno when taking fin? Do I sound like a classic beginning case? Or has someone perhaps had a false alarm as it turned out it was just weight gain? And if gyno is developed- does it necessarily mean that a full scale boob will develop? Or could the breast increase remain fairly mild?

Is there any way of combating such gyno whilst remaining on fin? The suggestions I have heard so far are to eat a load of broccoli, eat a load of tumeric, and take a tri weekly small dose of tamoxifen.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can answer any of these questions.

Tl,Dr: on fin for 2 months, might be developing gyno- need advice on detection & prevention (other than dropping fin)