+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Hasson & Wong Topical Fin + New anti-androgen trial

Hey guys, I'm new to the forum, just recently put up my hair loss story in the introduce yourself section. I just wanted to pass along some info that I received today.

I had an appointment with Dr. Hasson from Hasson and Wang Hair Transplants in Vancouver, BC today. I recently started losing my hair about a year and a half ago and have had no luck with treatments like oral fin and rogaine. I read on this forum that they were giving out a topical fin solution that seemed to eliminate sides so I thought I might as well try it. I got a prescription for it today and I will make sure to update after a few months with my progress. The interesting piece of info that Dr. Hasson shared was regarding the development of future treatments. He seemed pretty optimistic about future treatments. He specifically said that there was an anti-androgen treatment currently in clinical trials for hair loss that may be out within a year. He also said that he didn't have much faith in Histogen and that he wasn't expecting anything major to come from them any time soon. I'm just passing on what he said today, so don't shoot the messenger lol. I know we tend to get overly optimistic about any new possible treatment and peg it as "the cure" but it's still nice to hear there's something in the works that could be available to us soon.

Name of treatment?

No luck oral FIN meaning it didn't work? I use topical and I can tell you if oral don't work to stop hairloss neither will topical fin. Also at start topical did give me sides. I now use oral and Dr Kleins products, just stating the main bullet is oral FIN.

@Jazz1 Sorry I should have clarified, I couldn't tolerate the sides of oral fin. @kissmyscalp Unfortunately, Dr. Hasson didn't specify the name of the treatment, just that there was one that was currently in clinical trials. Sorry guys.

Ok thanks. Next time ask him, I'm curious

Quote Originally Posted by HairBeWithYou View Post
    @Jazz1 Sorry I should have clarified, I couldn't tolerate the sides of oral fin. @kissmyscalp Unfortunately, Dr. Hasson didn't specify the name of the treatment, just that there was one that was currently in clinical trials. Sorry guys.
    Just be carefull I had major sides when I took oral fin, I was depressed took 1 month to get back my erections etc. I didn't want to give up so I used genhair finesteride spray'every 3rd day and took horny goat weed, less stress also helped not thinking about it. I did have sides but they were bearable etc. Anways then things stopped working and since iv been on oral fin no sides etc it's weird but I think you need to let your body adjust.

Hey Joetronic, can you shine some light on this? Is there a product/med close to becoming available?

Thanks

Im getting this as the most important part

"He specifically said that there was an anti-androgen treatment currently in clinical trials for hair loss that may be out within a year."

He didnt specify a name or specify that it was side effect free which kinda makes it not that exciting lol.

If this guy is right, I wonder what this is. If its in clinical trials and its a topical AA it doesnt seem to ever be mentioned on here. He is probably wrong I guess.