+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Theradome??

Default Theradome??

Anyone with any knowledge or input about this new product? I know it's been only cleared for women so far, but they are waiting for approval for men as well.

I know there are tons of bogus laser products, but this seems by far like the most legitimate one so far.

"FDA Cleared" just means that it's safe to use, and not that it's effective for fighting hair loss. Low level laser products have been around for years, and if they really had any effect in terms of regrowth, they would be more popular surely?

I guess it's worth a try to see if it helps improve the condition of existing hair, but it's a hell of a lot of money. I must admit I am tempted to try it in addition to my regimen of fin and niz, but my skepticism stops me reaching in my pocket.

I think that at least for drugs (and granted this thing is a medical device, which is a somewhat different thing), FDA approval does include some evaluation of effectiveness if the product makes specific claims about what its use can do.

Here's a little background but you can probably find more by searching for FDA + approval + effectiveness (and maybe "medical devices"): http://www.fda.gov/drugs/developmentapprovalprocess/.

However, I personally don't feel that excited about this. The before and after pictures on the website don't look that great (and seem to feature pictures where the individuals styled their hair differently in the different pictures, the classic hair loss treatment before and after ruse)

Even if it's not that great I'm surprised there wasn't more hype about this, especially considering how nuts the media goes sometimes when there's reports about new (or partly new) chemical scientific discoveries that aren't directly tied to treatments.

Found this; http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2013/...-hair-at-home/

I have one on the way. I'll keep you updated if I see any progress.

Quote Originally Posted by LevonHelms View Post
    Found this; http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2013/...-hair-at-home/

I have one on the way. I'll keep you updated if I see any progress.
    Would love to hear your progress.

I insta buy this, if this really works.

Edit: Saw something on another forum posted by Thermadome:
    If you don't like the helmet you can send it back for a full refund within 120 days.
    We will also be offering our own very specialized shampoo very soon. As far as the battery goes, it comes with a rechargeable battery which lasts about 3 years and can be purchased on our website for $20.

People often think that more lasers is better. However that is not the case at all. In fact, the problem with having hundreds of lasers is that the heat generated from those lasers causes the lasers to actually reduce in functionality and effectiveness. With hundreds of lasers they tend to output around 15-20 degrees of heat which cause a LOT of shedding of hair, due to the over stimulation that occurs from overlapping of lasers and excess heat coming from a small area. Our device has absolutely no shedding effects and our proprietary lasers output a total of 1 degree Celsius over a period of 20 minutes. Theradome actually does the opposite of shedding, we slow or stop hair loss and our results are much more impressive since we manage both heat (low) and still provide maximum dosage for effectiveness due to our proprietary lasers.

Our proprietary lasers are tuned for 678nm, unlike the other lasers which use DVD/CD ROM/laser pointer lasers which are sold by Chinese vendors at 653nm or so. Most of these lasers are used for appliances and gadgets, not hair or dermatology. The issue is that when applying lasers on the human body you have to manage power dosage versus heat and our device is the most powerful AND the most cost effective laser product out there. We cover 100% of the scalp and each of our lasers is much more powerful than the others. For example, you can have 20 lasers at 50mW which gives you 1000mW versus 500 lasers at 2mW, which gives you 1000mW, it really does not matter how many lasers you have, it is the power output of each laser AND how low of heat they output since lasers are very sensitive to heat, and they drop in efficiency with heat.

So to summarize, our helmet is just as effective, if not MORE effective with 80 lasers versus hundreds.

This is nothing new, the creators just claim it's the same strength as the commercial units found in clinics now for home use. I have used the commercial units in the past for about a year straight because I was offered the treatment free of charge, it did absolutely nothing. You should just pay-pal me $800 and I promise to get you the same results as the "theradome"...

Good find Atum, thanks