+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by byson999 View Post
    Hey dude how's things looking now?? Would you say your pleased with the overall result? How short do you shave? And finally can you send me some pics of the donor area?
    Hi there, I've been absent from the forums for a little while and have just noticed this response.

I think things are looking pretty good, the transplanted areas are looking pretty strong, but I think more of my native hair has fallen out (as is to be expected as I get older I guess). Overall I'm really pleased with it and have just confirmed my 3rd procedure today.

I sometimes shave my head to a grade 0 and other times I leave it to grow, right now I have a bit of length to it. I'm working away at the moment but next time I'm home I'll get my girlfriend to take some pics of it at it's current length and then shave it down to a grade 0 for anybody who is interested in seeing it at this length.

Ignoring all the donor regeneration stuff, I think the scarless donor area is enough reason for me to keep going back until either:
    1) Something better than HST comes along. (Possibly even a non surgical cure)
    2) I have gained a full head of hair from HST's alone.
    3) I run out of Donor hair.

Outcomes 1 or 2 would obviously be amazing and in my opinion entirely possible and if it is outcome 3, then I would happily "deplete" my donor and replace the donor hair with body hair.

I plan on getting an HST every year until one of the 3 outcomes happens. If my donor was looking thin I would get my next procedure (hopefully a few more procedures away, say the year 2020) to extract say 700 from the donor and put these in the recipient then a year later get say 1400 body hairs transplanted back into the area of donor that is depleted.

I would repeat this with other areas of donor possibly even outside the safe zone.

If body hair looks rubbish on the scalp, then I would simply shave the back of my head as short as it needed to be until it didn't look like body hair anymore.

I would much rather have the "good quality" hairs on the top of my head than on the back, that way I would have the option to have short hair all over or a short back and sides with a bit of length on top, the only hair style I would struggle with if I was using body hair would be if I wanted to grow my hair long.

In my opinion, I could sit and wait for a miracle cure, or I could do what Gaz (gc83uk) has done and go out and attack my hair loss the way that it has attacked me. At the moment I am probably fighting to just keep up with my hair loss, (I've had two procedures so far, but have lost more "native" hair to MPB at the same time), but eventually nearly every hair on my head will be MPB resistant donor hair. Maybe I should use meds to stabilise my hair loss, but at least this way I know exactly what I'm looking at and can tackle it as necessary. My worry is that I could use meds to stabilise, HST to fill in, feel like I have a full head of hair and then just be waiting for Propecia to stop working and watch the rest of my native hair "fall out"... that would feel like being cured and then suffering all over again.

In my opinion, the only obstacle to a full head of hair with HST is money... In life you have to prioritise and right now at 29 years old, I put my priorities in this order:

1st =) Family (Nothing is more important to me than family)
    1st =) My health (My health is just as important as my family because if I'm healthy, then my family don't have to worry about me)
    2nd) Paying my bills (Paying my bills is probably my most important financial priority, I don't like the stress of owing money)
    3rd) My Career. (Without my career I couldn't afford to live a comfortable life)
    4th) Regaining my hair (To me this is worth more than material possessions like cars, fancy clothes or the latest gadgets.)
    5th) Saving for a rainy day (having a financial buffer is one less thing to worry about in life)
    6th) Material possessions and fancy holidays (pretty much bottom of my list, if after looking after my family and paying my bills I have enough money for any luxuries between hair transplants, then I indulge). I like material possessions as much as the next guy, but they are not as important to me as regaining my hair.

So yeah, after looking after my family and paying my bills, my TOP priority financially is regaining my hair... I'm very honest about my hair transplants to my friends and family, some of them say "But you could buy a fancy sports car by the time you are finished with that kind of money" and my reply is always "yeah, but i'd be an unhappy bald guy with a fancy car, the car wouldn't make me happy the way hair would."

Apologies for posting such a long post, but I'm just trying to put into perspective my future HST plans and the reasons why I'm willing to work hard and save my money to make sure I can complete my HST goals.

Looking forward to get an update with pictures. I understand your plan and i have the exact same objectives! One thing you should know for sure when taking this route, is what is your final norwood destination. I look at my hairloss and i know that it is agressive but the crown area is small. Therefore, if im able to get 6K grafts from hst over time like gc i will be good until something new comes out.

sounds like the bridging I was always somehow defending.

I remain a bit greedy in exposing my donor, especially that Dr Gho confirmed me that the one hair= 10 hairs is really not for next year.

"not in the coming years" was his answer!!!

I like your prioritisation map, interesting to read and see!!!

Our time is now, it's true, it depends, but I want to have my thirty's with hair and hope that within 5-6 years when I turn 40, there will be something much better to not spend a life going on this treadmill!!!

I've just shaved down my hair to a grade 0.

Here is a photo of my current donor after my 2nd procedure.

I'll upload a photo of how my donor before I'd had any procedures.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg

Size:	78.8 KB
ID:	34117  

Here is a photo of my donor before any procedures were done.

Any input onto how my donor looks now in comparison to how it looked previously would be great.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg

Size:	62.2 KB
ID:	34118  

Quote Originally Posted by c5000 View Post

I've just shaved down my hair to a grade 0.

Here is a photo of my current donor after my 2nd procedure.

I'll upload a photo of how my donor before I'd had any procedures.
    Funny...it's summertime and currently very hot in my country and I did exactly the same yesterday too! Not grade 0 but I think the hairs are now around 3-4 mm or so.

The reason for doing this:
    I always had "temperature problems" with my hair in summer, but the past 10 years or so just within the "donor area" lol But this year - interestingly in the "receipient area" too ...

Of course I took before/after photos too - and guess what ...

By the way:
    Around 2 month ago I was forced to get a new driver licence because my old one was simply too damaged after decades. So I was forced to submit brand new photos (of course without wearing a cap/hat or something according to new regulations) ... wow, I was surprised myself seeing me in these photos with hair (and especially framed face!) again ...

Quote Originally Posted by 534623 View Post
    Funny...it's summertime and currently very hot in my country and I did exactly the same yesterday too! Not grade 0 but I think the hairs are now around 3-4 mm or so.

I always had "temperature problems" with my hair in summer, but the past 10 years or so just within the "donor area" lol But this year - interestingly in the "receipient area" too ...

By the way:
    Around 2 month ago I was forced to get a new driver licence because my old one was simply too damaged after decades. So I was forced to submit brand new photos (of course without wearing a cap/hat or something according to new regulations) ... wow, I was surprised myself seeing me in these photos with hair (and especially framed face!) again ...
    So are you happy with how your donor looks?

Also any input on how my donor is looking after my 2nd procedure?

Quote Originally Posted by c5000 View Post
    Here is a photo of my donor before any procedures were done.

Any input onto how my donor looks now in comparison to how it looked previously would be great.
    c5000, from those photos you've posted, your donor is looking mint!

Quote Originally Posted by 534623 View Post

By the way:
    All that extra hair making you sweat lol

btw - 3mm is grade 1

Be good to see a pic of your hair short!

Quote Originally Posted by gc83uk View Post
    c5000, from those photos you've posted, your donor is looking mint!
    Thanks mate.

I see a few hairless gaps bit there doesn't seem to be any scarring eh?

In your opinion, would you say there's been much depletion of my donor?