+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Can anybody comment on how my transplant actually looks, rather than questioning regeneration?

Quote Originally Posted by c5000 View Post
    Can anybody comment on how my transplant actually looks, rather than questioning regeneration?
    Well what do you want us to say man. It looks like they transplanted some grafts If you want to talk about the quality of the transplant, we'd need to see the final result and look at how they did the angles and mixture of hairs from the several zones. I'm not so happy about how that worked out in my case ... Quite a few angles are wrong and they didn't mix the grafts well, so some recipient has way too many thick hair while other parts only have thinner hairs. A good surgeon should get all angles right and correctly mix the grafts.

Dont get me wrong, I'm still happy that I went. But I would consider it as a below average result.

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi View Post
    Well what do you want us to say man. It looks like they transplanted some grafts If you want to talk about the quality of the transplant, we'd need to see the final result and look at how they did the angles and mixture of hairs from the several zones. I'm not so happy about how that worked out in my case ... Quite a few angles are wrong and they didn't mix the grafts well, so some recipient has way too many thick hair while other parts only have thinner hairs. A good surgeon should get all angles right and correctly mix the grafts.

Dont get me wrong, I'm still happy that I went. But I would consider it as a below average result.
    I just wanted to know what you guys thought about where I got my grafts placed.

So would you go back to Hasci?

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi View Post
    If the 80% regrowth would be real, HASCI could do 14 (!!) HST surgeries before an average donor starts to look unnatural. They advise you a max of 4 (and you're even below their regular 1600 per transplant). Go figure.
    is the 14 projection based on a 15% cumulative drop in donor hair with each procedure?

As in, using a 4,000 graft figure we get:

1) 4,000
    2) 3478
    3) 3024
    4) 2629
    5) 2286
    6) 1987
    7) 1728
    8) 1503
    9) 1307
    10) 1136
    11) 988

I could go on but we see that it would be quite a while... and thats only harvesting and reharvesting the same follicle. However, its not likely that the same follicle will regrow that many times... But the head has far more than 4,000 donor hair available so you could just alternate between actual donor and others and switch back and forth.

However HASCI says you lose around 200 follicles with each HST procedure...

I think they're lying to some degree. Reason I say some degree is because Gaz's case is remarkable.

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    is the 14 projection based on a 15% cumulative drop in donor hair with each procedure?
    An average donor can lose about 3000-3500 FU's before it starts to look unnatural (which equals less than 50 grafts/cm2). 80% regrowth means you'd lose 20% each time, so you can go 5x more than with FUE. Agreed ?

As said, average donor can lose about 3000-3500. So if you'd have a FUE of 1600, you could go 2 times. Hence you could go 10 times at hasci for the same result.

Now, HASCi transplants about 1.4 FU/graft, average FUE is about 2/graft. That would mean you could go even more times: 2/1.4 * 10 = 14x before the donor of an average person starts to look unnatural. Yet, hasci advises their clients to go only 3 times on average.

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    I think they're lying to some degree. Reason I say some degree is because Gaz's case is remarkable.
    Agreed, I'm 99% certain they're lying at least to some degree. My calulations show that for Gaz regrowth was 0-38%. Gaz himself calculated it in a slightly different way and thinks he had 40% regrowth. I don't know, it might be true, it might be not. Without a 50 graft test we'll never know. But I'm 99.9% certain that regrowth isn't 80%, not even close and possibly 0. It just doesn't add up. Nothing adds up. Gaz's cases shows 80% was quite impossible, there are no celebs with results that a FUE couldnt achieve, Hasci doesnt want to prove their technique, they advise a max of 3 HST's etc.

Quote Originally Posted by c5000 View Post
    I just wanted to know what you guys thought about where I got my grafts placed.

So would you go back to Hasci?
    Yeah looks like a good place for the grafts ! Happy healing man, I think you'll have a nice result.

I'm not sure I'd go back to hasci. I'd want more certainty first. Meanwhile I think other interesting things are being developed. Pilofocus was a great invention. And I still have some hope for Mwamba's experiments too ! He's a very skilled surgeon, who knows what he can achieve ... I most certainly haven't written him off. If there's some truth to the whole donor regen theory, then I think Mwamba might get some results. We'll see.

hi C5000 i think you put the grafts in the good position.
    now we have to check the development of your grow
    please keep us updated i know you will do

and if the result will be good enough you will go for another shot.

good luck bro!

3 words pictures , pictures and sharing hahahahah
    thanks a lot

Quote Originally Posted by elvispresley View Post
    hi C5000 i think you put the grafts in the good position.
    now we have to check the development of your grow
    please keep us updated i know you will do

and if the result will be good enough you will go for another shot.

good luck bro!

3 words pictures , pictures and sharing hahahahah
    thanks a lot
    Thanks man

I'm just over a month in and I'm not sure that many of my grafts have shed yet, which is good.

I'll cut my hair to an even length in about 10 days time when I get back home and then take some photos of the donor and recipient.

Have you been to Hasci yet?

Hey dude how's things looking now?? Would you say your pleased with the overall result? How short do you shave? And finally can you send me some pics of the donor area?