+ Reply to Thread

Default MPB & Acne: What's the link?

I've had a minor acne problem on my forehead for the past 2 years. If I ever skip a day of showering, the next day it is 90% guaranteed that acne will begin to cummilate on my forehead.

The paat 2 years this has begun to occur is also when my hair loss has stepped up a notch. And most recently, I've begun to get acne on my scalp as well. This is something that has never happened previously. With this spread in acne as well, my hair loss seems to have stepped up once more.

I'm almost 100% sure there is a connection between my acne & mbp.

Btw, I'm 23 and have no other acne problems. I rarely will get acne on any other part of my face (maybe once a month or two months). However, my forehead and recently scalp has been vulnerable.

Also, I have noticed a lot of acne treatments seem to be useful for MPB as well?

Retin-A, Azelaic Acid, and most recently CB, are all being used/developed for acne.

So what's the connection, guys?

I agree there definitely is a connection. I had plenty of acne on my face in my teen years and have first noticed my diffused thinning almost two years ago when I had just turned 24.

I still do get some little acne on my face, and have a lot of oily sebum around my hair. I use all kinds of shampoos but what seems to do it best IMHO is doing saunas after swimming.

There definitely is a connection at some hormonal level. Maybe it has to do with hormonal imbalances more than actual hormonal levels, as the behavior of acne is not linear and it probably isn't with mpb either.

I've never had any problems with acne and I started loosing my hair when I was around 12-13 yrs old

I think not all hairless shows up with/after acne, but internally being it all related to hormones I would guess there is some kind of connection.

Let me let you in on something, iv never had acne or spots ever in my life until recent. Now here's the main cause, I'm regular gym guy but in August I tore my ligament from martial arts. Anyways cut long story short I was off work whole month in bed, I stopped drinking gallon water and of course no gym, at this time I started taking biotin, yes biotin lovely biotin to thicken hair. Anways I use regenpure shampoo daily along side revita for past 2 years no problems no spots nothing. So when taking biotin I started getting spots, I thought maybe its because I'm eating junk no gym and in bed. Fast forward I become lazy on biotin on and off, I went back to work people noticed I had spots I just ignored it thinking its diet. So fast forward to October I started taking 10,000 mcg biotin thinking it will thicken my hair which it did, again I have not been gym. While taking these tablets and using regenpure, revita etc that contain biotin I woke up one day my whole forehead in bumps. So I started researching and found so many hundreds and hundreds of complaints people moaning biotin giving them acne spots even the people that never suffered. So I ditched the tablets and it's been a month, if I try using revita or regenpure my forehead breaks out in bloody spots!!! I'm getting back into the gym tommorow after four months and I started taking b5 as that clears skin just type in biotin and acne on YouTube Internet forums you will know what I'm on about.

So here's what I'm meant to say maybe like me your breaking out on the forehead because you might be using biotin and using a biotin shampoo hence the acne. Ditch any biotin tablets if your taking anything, don't use any biotin shampoo, try sudo cream alongside proactive and drink water to cleanse it out.

I concur that there is certainly a correlation. I had a lot of acne on my face when I was a teenager, and I started seeing dispersed thinning about the time I reached 24 almost two years ago. I still occasionally get little pimples on my face, and my hair is covered in a lot of greasy sebum. I use a websites broken link checker variety of shampoos, but, in my opinion, taking a sauna after swimming appears to work the best.There is clearly a hormonal relationship. Given that the behaviour of acne is nonlinear and that of mpb is presumably nonlinear as well, it may have more to do with hormonal imbalances than real hormonal levels.