+ Reply to Thread

Default 4 month update with Rogaine (Monoxidil) WITH PHOTOS

Hey everyone.

So we are all here with the same issue, and about 99% of us come here with the same common goal. To grow more hair.

I came here about 5 months ago to find a solution to the same problem we are all sharing. Face it, all of us are losing our hair, and it hurts to see it going. I came here for some advice, and the first thing that I could find that was affordable and easily accessible for my age (I am 17) was Monoxidil. My parents always gave me crap about losing my hair when I first turned 15. "Yep, it looks like you are an early sprouter," my dad would say.

Anyways. We aren't here to hear all of that. As of September 1st, I had started Rogaine, also a.k.a. Monoxidil. I didn't hope for much, but before I knew it, it all started to come in.

The first few weeks, 3 weeks to be exact were the worst weeks of my life. I experienced "The Dread Shed". This is where you start to lose so much hair it is not even funny. I don't mean to scare you all, but this is the truth. It was a mess. I could make little piles with the hair. Don't worry, because this is the hair that was going to fall out anyways.

Over the next month, not much hair had come in. I didn't really see any results until middle of the second month. I started to see the little hairs come in as they had said in the package.

I am at 3 1/2 months now, and more has come in as well as the hair starting to get more dense. I started to cut my hair shorter, and even my twin brother (which just so happens to have a full head of hair in which he styles into a nice faux hawk everyday) says that my hair is coming in good. It hasn't been an easy journey, but I know that it is for the best and it will continue to come in.. It is looking great!

NOTE: I know that the hair is cut differently but its whatever. Hopefully you can still see a difference..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (1).JPG

Size:	87.2 KB
ID:	24407   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (2).JPG

Size:	83.5 KB
ID:	24408   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (3).jpg

Size:	45.3 KB
ID:	24409   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (4).JPG

Size:	82.5 KB
ID:	24410   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (5).jpg

Size:	30.7 KB
ID:	24411   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (6).jpg

Size:	30.5 KB
ID:	24412   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (7).jpg

Size:	30.7 KB
ID:	24413   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (8).JPG

Size:	88.7 KB
ID:	24414   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (9).jpg

Size:	89.5 KB
ID:	24415  

Glad it's working out! Rogaine can be a great treatment, but the shed can be brutal. I started it on my temples recently (been using on my scalp for a year), and inside of three weeks it really thinned one side out. Hopefully it'll come back.

BTW, your hair looks great cut short; really suits you. I'd style it that way regularly.

Are you on any other treatments?

Quote Originally Posted by win200 View Post
    Glad it's working out! Rogaine can be a great treatment, but the shed can be brutal. I started it on my temples recently (been using on my scalp for a year), and inside of three weeks it really thinned one side out. Hopefully it'll come back.

BTW, your hair looks great cut short; really suits you. I'd style it that way regularly.

Are you on any other treatments?
    Thanks man! I appreciate it! I think it looks a lot better short now too. It just took a while to build up that confidence. No, I am not on any other treatments besides rogaine. I hear that Procepia is a really good one, but I have to be 18 to get it prescribed under my name.

By the way, good luck with your results!

Your results thus far have been pretty good. Hopefully you will keep regrowing and maintain until you are ready/able to take fin, or other treatments if available.

Lookin good so far man. Seems like you may be a good responder to minox.
    Are you using it once or twice a day? And when you had the shed did you notice your hair becoming visibly worse?

I only ask this because I am starting on minox again and can remember before when I had a shed I never noticed my hair looking thinner. I didn't use it twice a day religiously tho, sometimes I'd even go a few days without any at all.