+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Doctor Representative the B spot's Avatar

BTW---You hairline looks very nice Joe!

Thanks for sharing!
    Jason
    Patient Advocate/FUE Coordinator for Shapiro Medical Group. My advice and opinions are my own and is not medical advice. I am a Cubs fan.

Smile

I totally agree B Spot about picking the best doctor for the patient.

By the way I do not work for Dr. Bauman, nor I am paid by Dr. Bauman in any way. I am not a Doctor Representative at all. I'm just a hair freak

However, Dr. Bauman did cover my scar by putting grafts into the scar. Meaning, if you're not happy with the scar, you can have a small number of grafts put in to "cover" the scar area. I actually had 150 grafts put in to cover a scar. So......you have options IF the scar bothers you.

Lastly, I have some great photos of Dr. Bauman removing dead tissue from my frontal-center scalp from a previous accident by another doctor. It was about the size of a quarter and had no hair at all. Dr. Bauman removed the dead tissue and used no transplants to cover it perfectly. This is in the frontal region of my scalp and not easily hidden.

Since then, I have had grafts put into the area. However, I still have the before and after pictures from the wound, to the removal of wounded tissue, to the closure which is flawless.

Let me know if you want to see them. They will show a closure on TOP of the scalp.

Of course we want to see them!
    Spencer Kobren
    Founder, American Hair Loss Association
    Host, The Bald Truth Radio Show

I am not a physician. My opinions and knowledge concerning hair loss and its treatment are based on extensive research and reporting on the subject as a consumer advocate and hair loss educator. My views and comments on the subject should not be taken as medical advice. Always seek the advice of a medical professional when considering medical and surgical treatment.

Smile

Scar Removal: 0 Grafts! 4 months post-op of Tricho closure.

This was in June of 2008. Now, the area is covered fully.

Last edited by JustJoe; 02-27-2009 at 08:23 PM. Reason: grafts

Smile

Here is my revision with grafts. Scar revision was done in 6/08. Grafts were put in on 10/25/08 (2300+ grafts. 1000 in crown, 1200 into frontal area, 150 into the old Trycho). So, this is roughly 4 months post-op from the 2400 grafts into the scar.

(No cosmetic cover ups used. I don't like them, they can not be good for your lungs.)

Quote Originally Posted by TeeJay73 View Post
    Thumbs up from me, too. Joe, your hair looks friggin' awesome and will probably look even better when the hair from your recent transplant starts to grow. I'm really impressed by guys like you, Jotronic, and Bobman, to name a few. Your hair transplant results are PHENOMENAL, and it makes me feel ecstatic that I'm on my way too.

Thanks for the mention and the compliment!