+ Reply to Thread

Default ? about minox foam

I have been on propecia for over 4 months now and it seems to be working pretty well for me. Prior to that I was on minox alone and for awhile that was ok but last year or so I started losing ground and bald spot starting growing. So i used tons of minox to slow it down. Pretty sure I was getting systmatic absorption so I have stopped using the liquid version for past few weeks.

? Does the foam mess / weigh down the styling of your hair? I would like to switch to that but only if I can use it during the day.

Thanks..

Quote Originally Posted by mpb47 View Post
    I have been on propecia for over 4 months now and it seems to be working pretty well for me. Prior to that I was on minox alone and for awhile that was ok but last year or so I started losing ground and bald spot starting growing. So i used tons of minox to slow it down. Pretty sure I was getting systmatic absorption so I have stopped using the liquid version for past few weeks.

? Does the foam mess / weigh down the styling of your hair? I would like to switch to that but only if I can use it during the day.

Thanks..
    I actually feel like it thickens my hair. It is night and day from the liquid.

I agree the foam and liquid are night and day comparison's I used to really hate applying the liquid as it would take literally 6+hrs to dry well enough, throw the foam on 20 seconds its all absorbed, still leaves some residue on the hairs if you apply it over them that was meant for the direct scalp but you get better at applying it over time (my advice spray directly from the can putting the nozzle below your hair so its almost touching your scalp best way i've found to avoid having overly greasy hair). I also used to get headache's fairly frequently on the liquid, guess having it sitting on your scalp for hours and hours isn't good for that, very rare I get one these days.

I'd definitely highly recommend the foam's over the liquid's just so much less messing.

Been using the foam for a few years. Agree that it is night and day from liquid. I apply it after I shower, leave it on for a few mins, then style hair as normal. Good luck.

Thank you guys..I am going to find some generic and give it a try.

I would like to use nothing but propecia but when I was on it a long time ago I had the best results with using both. So my hair will not be flat and I can still blow dry it? I blow dry my hair and for some reason it makes me look far less balding. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by mpb47 View Post
    Thank you guys..I am going to find some generic and give it a try.

I would like to use nothing but propecia but when I was on it a long time ago I had the best results with using both. So my hair will not be flat and I can still blow dry it? I blow dry my hair and for some reason it makes me look far less balding. Thanks.
    Volume can help conceal hair loss better, the hairs not as closely placed to the scalp so its acts like a sort of shield. Could try a shampoo with volume as a effect if your not impressed how the foam leaves your hair looking but I think you'll be fine if you wash it daily, mine looks ok till a 3rd application then it looks a bit greasy.