+ Reply to Thread

Default Fin after 1 year.. thoughts.. 39yo

Well.. it's been a year and you may remember my pic. I did a re-enactment. I was 38.. now 39 and a few months to 40..yikes! Anyway so I've been taking Generic Finasteride daily from Walmart at $4.00 a month and my results were exactly what I'd hoped for.. to maintain or regrow the loss in the temples. I'd say I've maintained and definitely thickened everywhere as well as temple regrowth fairly close to 100 percent.. my loss looked a little worse than in the before photo.. I shoulda pulled my part a little harder to the side to show the amount of loss but I didn't. Zero Side effects after a year. I will continue to take it indefinitely.. I do forget some days to take it but probably average 6 days a week .. occasionally i'll forget for 2 days.. not sure if this could be a problem. Thanks for all the feedback and support those first few months.. good luck everyone and feel free to ask me anything.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	beforeafter.jpg

Size:	17.6 KB
ID:	24380  

I see improvement. Hair looks damn good for almost 40. I wish I had that hair at 30. And in only a year! I have heard regrowth can happen up until 2 years.

I really hope I get some regrowth like that!

Can you give any details on what it was like for you, the process? Maybe month to month changes or anything? What did regrowth look like when it started/progressed?

Thanks!

Can see a marked improvement there, nice one. Tho forgetting to take the pills? do you forget other things out of interest?

I'll just forget time to time like if I'm in a rush to work and I don't eat breakfast at home.. usually take it when I eat breakfast... I'm pretty sure it's not a side effect.. possibly a side effect from all the Diet Cola(Aspartame)I drink though..haha.
    As far as experience.. I noticed nothing for a few months at least.. I was worried about the 'shedding' phase that some have but that never happened or at least not to the degree that I noticed... and I did watch for it. I would say around months 3 and 4 I was becoming aware that things definitely weren't getting worse and seemed to be if anything getting better if anything. I pretty much stopped taking notice daily and it was a monthly thing when I'd pickup the rx I'd remember to try to notice any better results.. it was a very gradual progression to where I'm at now... and while my hair is back to the way it was when I was thirty I'd say I don't have the same hairline as when I was 18.. not too far off though.. I'd say it's what some people talk about as a mature hairline vs mpb. Hasn't effected libido either.except at first it does make you take notice of 'everything' .. which in itself can effect your anxiety and keep you from focusing on the task at hand .. gonna stop there

You're a good looking dude at 40, even prior to treatment.

I wonder if older guys are less susceptible to sides? I'm 44 and am forever debating whether to risk it or not..

Quote Originally Posted by Jcm800 View Post
    I wonder if older guys are less susceptible to sides? I'm 44 and am forever debating whether to risk it or not..
    Hey. I am 47 and have been on it since jan 28th 2013.

I had small initial sides and then after 3 weeks nothing. I think the older you gt the less risk of sides. We dont have as much testosterone.

Quote Originally Posted by drybone View Post
    Hey. I am 47 and have been on it since jan 28th 2013.

I had small initial sides and then after 3 weeks nothing. I think the older you gt the less risk of sides. We dont have as much testosterone.
    Yeah I've seen you doing pretty well on it.

Thing is, I've been diagnosed with an overactive bladder.. Not a big deal as such, but means I have to take medication for it to stop night time peeing.

My concern now is will it conflict with Finasteride if I was to take it? even more of a gamble..