+ Reply to Thread

Default What are you living for?

We're all depressed. It's past hair loss isn't it? I feel like I could cry as I right this... but that's a good thing. We all spend too much time focused on our hair....and what now? It's past that, we feel our lives have been ruined. But maybe this isn't the way it has to be?

A quick bio, I'm 20 in university. I used to have great hair, and I looked great. Always prided myself on my looks. Maybe that's why I lost it all. Now my relationships are strained, and my hair is brutal. Its hard to look at most of the time. It's not just my hair anymore is it... no it's all of life that's hit the shit. I'm a very anxious person. And I don't feel I'm living anymore. The last 2 years of my life have been unmemorable and filled with doing things I didn't enjoy.

I want to live though. If there was ever a way to get the hair back, and get myself out of this anxious and depressed mind looping hell hole, what would it take?

I started asking myself today.... what are you living for? I'm asking myself every moment of the day I feel hopeless and confused....which is most of the time!

You gotta go after what you want. Some of us have great hair here, and are paranoid about it all fading away. Some have hair transplants. Some of us gave up years ago (most of us have in fact right?) and are bald heads. And we aren't proud of it. Others are slowly losing it and watching with obsession every step of the way.

Go out and live. Ask yourself what your living for. Find your purpose. Make yourself happy. Fix those relationships! Love is the real reason we're here right?

I'm done with being lost. I'm shaking as I right this sentence.... but really what are you living for? Don't let it go by without being present for it. Maybe your hair will come back, maybe it'll continue to go. I write this hoping that we can all work towards ending our obsession and truly getting back to life as we always hoped it would be. It can be that way!

What are you living for?

I know what you mean, I've felt that way. "Go out and live your life" people say. How do you do that when you're watching a part of yourself fading away and you get uglier and sicker looking by the day? I'm not saying it's a good perspective to have, but really, that's what I was thinking when I was 19. I knew, I just knew my whole life would be a nightmare. I was going to lose everything, my motivation to study, my social life, maybe my friends, not because I was balding but because of the depression I was sinking in. Girls? That was the most obvious part, it would be over. Being bald by the age of 23, game over on the dating scene.

I went through hell, 6 months of psychiatry because of my hair, major depression, panic attacks, psychosis.

Fast forward, I'm now 24, and bald. University, after a few setbacks, is almost over for me, my social life has never been richer, my friends stood by my side even in the darkest moments. Girls? I've been with 9 different girls only in the year 2013.

What am I living for? Good experiences, bad experiences. All I went through, it was worth it, it made me who I am today, and I wouldn't change a single thing in my past.

Your comeback is great to hear. I have all those things going on in my life right now. I'm fed up with letting myself go through these loops. I feel like I haven't grown in a couple years. I'm realizing that as good as I've tried to be you can't have life open up with you opening up as well.

Your friends sound incredible, my group of university housemates aren't as swell but when it really comes down to it I'm obviously responsible for the troubles within our relationships as well. Here's to hoping I turn it around.

Fred great to hear your change I'm perspective. For the most part hairloss doesn't really mean all that much as far as quality if life. Yes there will be a few ppl who dismiss you or give you craigs but that will happen no matter what you have in your life. It took me a long time to accept. I'm a nw3. The best thing I did was shave it bald and kept it that way for several months. Went out and lived normally find out it didn't make much of a difference at all. I grew it back just because I like having it for now, but I don't fear losing it all anymore and generally don't care about it.