Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by ryan555 View Post
    Don't let what I said scare you away. Try it, beware of the potential to cause some aging, and if it really becomes an issue stop using it. It's not going to cause permanent changes. However, my personal opinion is that it's not really a great treatment for hair loss, unless perhaps you just have a bit of thinning in the crown you want to address (which is what it was meant to be used for really). It doesn't address the root problem of hair loss as propecia does, it does cause a LOT of shedding when you start it and when you stop it, and it is a little messy. Also, a recent study showed it only works for like 38% of users anyway. If you can tolerate propecia, I would just stick with that.
    Thanks. Yeah I am actually on finasteride (3+ years) & double-dosing dutasteride too (10 months). Also keto 2% shampoo. My hair has taken a srs hit this year & I think it is from starting dut, but it could also just be alopecia progressing
    I think minox is much more useful for people who are also on DHT meds. I might get decent results if I commit to it but there are factors like this making me reluctant