+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

It's a no-brainer really, everyone suffering from hair loss should get on minoxidil.

It's sad that some people don't even want the treatment we have. They would find something wrong with everything. So many 50+ bald people told me, including my dermatologist: "if only it was available in my time".

Nizoral and dermarolling alone? Not only you won't see gains but you are losing time, the sooner you get on it, the better.

I almost stopped my minoxidil back in 2010 because of all the fear-mongering on the forums (yeah already back then), I'm so glad I didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by fred970 View Post
    It's a no-brainer really, everyone suffering from hair loss should get on minoxidil.

It's sad that some people don't even want the treatment we have. They would find something wrong with everything. So many 50+ bald people told me, including my dermatologist: "if only it was available in my time".

Nizoral and dermarolling alone? Not only you won't see gains but you are losing time, the sooner you get on it, the better.

I almost stopped my minoxidil back in 2010 because of all the fear-mongering on the forums (yeah already back then), I'm so glad I didn't.
    Reporting side effects is not the same as fear mongering. ALL drugs have side effects but hopefully the benefits outweigh the risks. You should definitely stay on minox since you aren't personally experiencing issues. Hopefully you're on propecia too because it's way more effective.

Did you see my post:

Quote Originally Posted by greatjob! View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by greatjob!
    Minoxidil has been found to inhibit gene expression of the enzyme lysyl hydroxylase which is involved in the production of collagen, so it can increase wrinkles and skin aging.
    http://www.jbc.org/content/262/25/11973.short

http://www.nature.com/jid/journal/v9.../5611848a.html

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1...ct&holding=npg

I could post about 20 more.
    It is a real side effect that has been known for a long time. I agree there is a lot of fear mongering, particularly surrounding fin, but this isn't fear mongering it's just educating. Click on the studies above, this is a real scientifically verified fact. For what it's worth I have been on minox for years and plan on staying on it until something better comes along, and believe everyone should consider using it.

I believe the side effects would be largely limited to the scalp skin, and maybe the forehead skin. With foam, dripping is not a concern any more, and systemic absorption related side effects are unlikely to show up in skin far away from the scalp. My two cents.

I've grown boobs before, so no I can't take propecia.

I've grown boobs before, so no I can't take propecia.
    Dude, why are you fear mongering? You just think it made you grow boobs, but it was all in your head. Or maybe you were allergic to it.

I had surgery to remove them, nice try.

Look at how it was all in my head: https://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/13/...fter-pictures/

And I have never taken propecia in my life, I got it from other hormone-altering medications.

Can I see pictures of the reversal of your ageing skin now? That's what I thought.

Minox seems like a hassle, how are your guys experiences with it?

I had surgery to remove them, nice try.

Look at how it was all in my head: https://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/13/...fter-pictures/

And I have never taken propecia in my life, I got it from other hormone-altering medications.

Can I see pictures of the reversal of your ageing skin now? That's what I thought.
    I'm not the one who caused your hair loss and man tits. Drop the attitude.

You tried to play smart with me, you lost.

Now pictures to prove your claims or your little story doesn't mean anything.