+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default C5000 recipient exactly 1 year after 1st HST. Feedback please...

Hi all.

It is exactly 1 year since my first HST. I go back next week for my second.

Here is the before photo:
    http://imageshack.com/i/nf9aknj

Here are two photos exactly a year afterwards (just in case the lighting is different).
    http://imageshack.com/i/npy074j
    http://imageshack.com/i/17sq5zj

So what do you guys think of my result?

Also what would you do with my next 1400 grafts? I'm going next week and was thinking of getting around 400 in the hairline to thicken it up and the other 1000 starting at the very back of the crown and moving forward as much ad the 1000 grafts will allow.

Any advice appreciated.

Cheers
    C5000

Like honestly the length of the hair is a little bit different in the pics. Its visible that there is more density now. However, could you specify the implantation area of your first hst?

Also, i wouldn't focus on the crown at this time. If i were you i would put all in the front mid scalp area as it is the most important from an aesthetics point of view. Crown should really be the last place where you put grafts, unless its like huge or something, which is not ur case. You are a NW 5 final destination guy. I believe with numerous hst's your case can be almost completely reversed.

On the other hand, i dont want to influence you. If you want to work on the crown first - go ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by cocacola View Post
    Like honestly the length of the hair is a little bit different in the pics. Its visible that there is more density now. However, could you specify the implantation area of your first hst?

Also, i wouldn't focus on the crown at this time. If i were you i would put all in the front mid scalp area as it is the most important from an aesthetics point of view. Crown should really be the last place where you put grafts, unless its like huge or something, which is not ur case. You are a NW 5 final destination guy. I believe with numerous hst's your case can be almost completely reversed.

On the other hand, i dont want to influence you. If you want to work on the crown first - go ahead.
    Hi Cocacola

The majority went in the hairline, plus a few a little further back. No grafts were placed behind the front half of the scalp. Here is a photo straight after the procedure:
    http://imageshack.com/i/0wsd7xj

I had 1406 grafts I believe.

My thinking is that if I get 1000 grafts in the very back of the crown, then 400 to beef up the hairline, then people standing behind me wont see bald patches and people facing me won't see a badly receeded hairline. Only when I put my head down or someone is standing above me will they see any thinning.

Yes I think I'm a NW5 final destination guy too, so hopefully after 5 or 6 HSTs, I'll have the appearance of a full head of hair.

My hair is very curly so it always looks denser than it actually is when I grow it a bit longer than in these photos.

Do you add concealer mate?

That would make a massive difference since you have a lot of fine hair packed together. No real slick bald bits.

Quote Originally Posted by garethbale View Post
    Do you add concealer mate?

That would make a massive difference since you have a lot of fine hair packed together. No real slick bald bits.
    Well that's what i'm thinking of doing... Adding hair into the crown and a bit in the hairline and then using concealer all over the thin area.

I bought Toppik a few months ago, but never got round to applying it. It would definitely help to give the appearance of a full head of hair.

Is there a noticeable improvement since the first HST?

C5000 looks really good!
    HASCI claims that one of the advantage is the faster healing period in the recepient area and i can see quite some redness right after the op. When did redness stopped being materially visible? Cheers R

Quote Originally Posted by Guana View Post
    C5000 looks really good!
    HASCI claims that one of the advantage is the faster healing period in the recepient area and i can see quite some redness right after the op. When did redness stopped being materially visible? Cheers R
    Thanks man. Good to hear that.

That photo was taken about an hour after the procedure was finished. After about 3 days the scalp just looked slightly red and then after a week it just looked like mild dandruff.

Are you considering getting a procedure?

Quote Originally Posted by c5000 View Post
    Well that's what i'm thinking of doing... Adding hair into the crown and a bit in the hairline and then using concealer all over the thin area.

I bought Toppik a few months ago, but never got round to applying it. It would definitely help to give the appearance of a full head of hair.

Is there a noticeable improvement since the first HST?
    Yeah it looks denser, thicker, but 1400 grafts can only achieve so much. But with another procedure and a bit of toppik (if you're happy to use that) your end result will look good.

Tbh I'm not a huge fan of Hasci. The lack of scarring is obviously a plus but I haven't seen a result that achieves any more coverage than traditional FUE. In fact I have seen far better results from FUE, which is also much cheaper though.

Just my opinion though. Good luck!

Have been considering for a while now and despiteuncertainty on regeneration, it seems like a state of art work. Last night i saw Snejder under the pooring rain (hale better) during a football game and the result is still visually impressive... Only concern is the recovery time
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Guana View Post
    Have been considering for a while now and despiteuncertainty on regeneration, it seems like a state of art work. Last night i saw Snejder under the pooring rain (hale better) during a football game and the result is still visually impressive... Only concern is the recovery time
    Thanks!
    Are you hoping to go to work soon after the procedure? I went 6 days after the procedure and nobody noticed anything, they just thought i'd cut my hair very short. Haha.

The only thing I would say is you will look like you have quite bad dandruff for a couple of weeks. Did anybody else have this too?