+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I think you can do something about it if you go on Rogaine / Propecia.

You are right at the breaking point. Wait any longer and your balding may have gone too far to be able to be addressed by medications alone. Medications will always work but they are much better at stopping hair loss and regaining maybe some hair. But they usually can't add significant amounts of hair once it is lost.

I suggest you get on top of this and get on Rogaine / Propecia if you want to have hair. If you wait any longer then hair transplants will become a necessity.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/111350685@N04/11342976666/

Got it cleaned up real nice with a $70 haircut a couple days ago. (Check link above) It seems that's about as good as it gets at this point...

Quote Originally Posted by Jrw651 View Post
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/111350685@N04/11342976666/

Got it cleaned up real nice with a $70 haircut a couple days ago. (Check link above) It seems that's about as good as it gets at this point...
    I get spendy haircuts as well, and they do help. However, without treatment it's just going to get increasingly difficult to work with.

Ughh, its always the Rogaine and the Propecia, apparently there really isn't any other legitimate solution. ****KKKKK!

Ughh, its always the Rogaine and the Propecia, apparently there really isn't any other legitimate solution. ****KKKKK!
    Yeah dude, unfortunately this is all we have.

Yeah, that's all we have. It's not that bad though. Give it a year. Take some good pictures and then commit to Rogaine/Propecia for a year. Of the 2% of people who get side effects, they go away for half of them after 6 months. That means only 1% actually get side effects that don't go away after 6 months.

I think you still have enough hair for this to work. But this is it. This is your window of opportunity. Act and stick with it for a year and you have an 85% chance of keeping your hair and maybe regaining some hair. And you have a 1% chance of side effects. Do nothing and you will most certainly go bald and have to deal with all that. It's your choice.

And remember, the choice to use rogaine/propecia is reversible. If you do not want to continue for any reason after a year, you can just stop. Of course any positive effects you had will go away, and any hair you kept over that year would fall out and you would be at the point where you would have been in you did not take anything (which might be a scary place). But you can stop if you wish, so maybe that will help you make the choice.

I'd say take good pictures of your scalp, go for it, stick to it for a year, and then take pictures again after 1 full year of Propecia 1x a day and Rogaine 2x a day. You may like what you see after a year and have a whole new outlook on life I know I did after a year

Best of luck!
    Macster

I do alright with chicks but as a fairly good looking guy, I often feel like I could do much better with a full head of hair. (I get rejected ALOT)
    Firstly you look alright at the moment.

Secondly, don't think you'll get hair and then magically you'll start scoring hot chicks. It doesn't happen like that. A bit of confidence definitely helps, but your weak mindset is gonna be the cause of your lack of success with women. You can work on this separately.

As people say, its the Big 3 you want to get on, and stick with for 12-18 months minimum before determining whether they are working. Personally I think that 1.25 of Fin every other day would be enough for you, it's a long game, don't over load your body hormones too quickly.

What side effects did you get? If they're already coming at month 4, that's deffo a bad sign.

You gotta take consistent pics every month if you are on treatments, store them somewhere you will always have access to (like your gmail, or dropbox), not on a hard drive which you'll probs upgrade in a year.

Have consistent lengths, angles and light for ALL photos. Also do 1 dry and 1 wet, combed forward. THe wet ones often reveal the most.

If you do go down the medical route with Fin again, keep at it for a year minimum, don't overdo it.

Even though I am not happy now with the hairline, I was that much more miserable on the meds and I've decided with my bad reaction and experience to the minox and fin, I won't be going back on it, despite all of your suggestions, which I appreciate.

I also don't think balding merits surgery, so a HT is out of the equation for me.

That means I'm just going to let the hair go and maybe get a temples hair piece and cover the vertex with caboki or toppik.

Bottom line is, there is no ideal solution.

Hopefully that Follica project is the answer to what we have been looking for and will be on shelves by 2015. I'm not expecting it will be, but it would be nice if it were with no ill effects.

Thank you for your responses, you have been helpful.

IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon WHTC Clinic's Avatar

Default Hair loss products and options

Jrw651,

No one should risk their health to have hair. Whether to be on medical therapy for your hair loss is a very intimate decision. Each person who suffers from hair loss has to make amends with their situation. In the grand scheme of things, patients have to make important decisions after knowing the facts about the nature of hair loss. Hair loss is a constant condition that deeply affects the hair loss sufferer as well as the lives of those closest to them. Having other options may help you through the worst days. We are all similar and whether we want to admit it or not is a different subject. Some people are happy with the slightest of improvement of their situation. Somehow seeing less scalp seems to be uncontrollably gratifying for most hair loss sufferers.

There are other hair loss products available in the place of dutasteride, finasteride, and minoxidil. You may want to begin taking vitamins if you aren’t currently taking any. There’s saw palmetto, biotin, and laser therapy treatment. You may want to consider the possibility of each to improve the appearance of your hair. I would not rule out the possibility of some regrowth with certain laser therapy treatments. If you can’t deal with the effects from the medication, the other products that could help you are other types of concealers. A combination of hair volumizing products and scalp concealing products may significantly reduce the appearance of your hair loss. For example, using caboki and a product like Couvre or dermatch might work very well for you. You may need some time to practice the application of these products but your skills will improve with time.

The use of a hair piece is also a legitimate solution for you to consider. There are some companies that you can find on the internet that can create a custom piece for you. You may want to provide them with a sample of your hair and chose a density that is appropriate for you. Just be very careful about how you affix any partial piece to the scalp. Don’t compromise the life of your existing hair by wearing a partial hair piece. The effects of traumatizing hair will only cause more hair loss.

Free In-person consultations in London with WHTC's Dr. Patrick Mwamba - Saturday, February 15, 2014

Web: www.mywhtc.com
    Email: customer.care@mywhtc.com

Tel USA: 770 663-1290

Tel UK: 44 2033186228

Tel BE: 32 479753281