+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: NW 3 at 17

Default NW 3 at 17

Hello everyone,
    I've lurked on this forum for a while hoping for news about a new treatment, finally decided to join. I just turned 17 in November and I'd been a Norwood 2.5 since I was 13 and now it's getting a little worse but seems to have stabilized. I've been down the road of multiple scams and the usual crap that robs uninformed people of their money and I've learned a lot from reading on this site. Im currently on no treatments and was considering fin but in my case I think the risks outweigh the benefits. I'm still hoping for companies like histogen to come through but I'm getting bogged down with all this nonsense and ready for this curse to end.Best of luck to everyone!

Welcome. Sorry about your situation. Have you been diagnosed by a doc?

If you just have andro alopecia I would definitely get on fin. I understand the concerns but you should be done w/ puberty at this point

Hey, I'm also a 17 year old dealing with this. I'm at a similiar level of loss as you (around a 2.5) If you look through my posts you'll find a log i have where i have posted a bunch of pictures. Have you tried minoxidil? I have been on it for about 5 months now and the initial shed (which royally ****ed up my hairline) has finally stopped. I'm considering Finasteride aswell since i really want to stop and try to regrow some of my hair. In my opionion the risk of side effects isn't a big enough reason to not try fin. Only a small minority of users get sides, and they virtually always go away if you stop taking fin. I dont know about you, but i really do not want to go bald anytime soon so i am going to try it out

Quote Originally Posted by iH8d0ugh View Post
    Hey, I'm also a 17 year old dealing with this. I'm at a similiar level of loss as you (around a 2.5) If you look through my posts you'll find a log i have where i have posted a bunch of pictures. Have you tried minoxidil? I have been on it for about 5 months now and the initial shed (which royally ****ed up my hairline) has finally stopped. I'm considering Finasteride aswell since i really want to stop and try to regrow some of my hair. In my opionion the risk of side effects isn't a big enough reason to not try fin. Only a small minority of users get sides, and they virtually always go away if you stop taking fin. I dont know about you, but i really do not want to go bald anytime soon so i am going to try it out
    Yup.

Hey man, maybe you remember me from some threads, maybe not. Anyway, we've talked a bit about finasteride and its effects on development as we're both pretty young... I'm going to take finasteride as of tomorrow or tuesday (I've got the prescription so it depends on wether I have time to go to the pharmacy or not tomorrow). I'll update from time to time in my thread about progress and all but I'll also be keeping an eye out for sides and for effects on my development. Ofc this is a lot of speculating (I don't have an identical twin with who I can compare myself with) and the effects are different for everybody, but it's better than nothing I guess. Have you decided what you're going to do? Did you start with some kind of regime in the mean time? I know you were interested in RU but I don't know if you actually started taking RU...

Yeah dude I remember! I forgot about this thread, it's so vague haha. Honestly and hopefully, you probably won't get any sides at all. I'm just paranoid I guess and you can read anything on the internet, you're doing what I should have done a long time ago.

I ordered CB, I explained to my parents about treatments, and how it'll most likely have less sides. I'll probably start fin at a lower dosage before the year is out, .5 mg a day or every other day to be on the safe side. Keep me posted though man, it's good to have a similar situation to compare. Did RU just not work out? I've been on the forum way more than I should this past month but I swear I'm a pretty normal guy haha, not some dude holed up in his basement all day. Best of luck!

Will post from time to time (in my own thread) about how things are going. As for RU, it wasn't convenient money-wise. I have enough money to buy a RU for a year (discounting other expenses too) but I'll be going to university next year which will drastically increase my monthly expenses. The chance of running out of money to buy RU is definitely there and being out of RU is not really a good situation. I'm on propecia now, the original and expensive 1mg pills. They are almost as expensive as RU but the difference is that my parents are willing to pay for a proven treatment but not for an experimental topical. Hence, I'm starting finasteride instead of RU...

I'm curious to your CB usage, I guess you're going to use it with the VERSAPRO cream? What's the price for a monthly supply (including the cream or other vehicle you're using)? As for spending too much time on this forum, I know all about it . I'm hoping that taking finasteride will make my mind ease down a bit...

You too, best of luck with CB man!

Yeah I'm using Versapro, and it costs WAY too much, I'm really just trying it out. It'll cost me about $450 for a 3 months supply at 2%. It'll probably maintain my hair at best, but hopefully if I use a small dose of fin along with CB it would help out. Two different mechanisms in action. Taking a pill is definitely better than rubbing crap on your head every night though that's for sure.
    I appreciate it man, and hopefully something will come out by the time we're twenty. I have way too much crap going on to be dealing with hair loss haha

Quote Originally Posted by Kudu View Post
    Yeah I'm using Versapro, and it costs WAY too much, I'm really just trying it out. It'll cost me about $450 for a 3 months supply at 2%.
    Damn

Quote Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    Damn
    Yeah. Hair loss and paranoia sucks.