+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Need some advice guys.

Well guys I need some advice on what to do next to. Here are some pics.

The last two pics are from today

What do you guys recommend, and please go easy on me. Should I get back on propecia? I have lost so much will it even help? Should I try a hair concealer? The first couple pics I have Cabooki on just a little, but now do I even have enough hair to use it anymore?

Should I buzz cut it? If I do will it help blend in the back with the bald spot? I am thinking about a HT. I am not one of those who think with a HT they will go back to a NW 1. I am someone who just want an improvement.

Any advice is welcomed. Thanks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2858.jpg

Size:	28.8 KB
ID:	24281   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2857.jpg

Size:	53.7 KB
ID:	24282   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_3016.jpg

Size:	52.9 KB
ID:	24283   Click image for larger version

Name:	1207131511.jpg

Size:	75.7 KB
ID:	24284   Click image for larger version

Name:	1207131453b.jpg

Size:	14.2 KB
ID:	24285  

Erik Everhard LOL. If you get on fin you may have to change your user name. Haha.

But seriously, as far as fin goes, if you are considering a transplant then yes get on fin. Hopefully at the very least you will keep what you have. Add a transplant, then when that grows out add concealer and I think you will have a pretty good improvement.

Buzzing it? In the meantime before a transplant I would say yes. You don't really have enough coverage at the present time to style the way you have been and look good. Please don't get offended as my hair is too jacked also to grow it out. If you haven't buzzed it before it will take some getting used to. Before I started losing my hair I looked like johnny cage(see avatar), by my late 20's I looked like nicolas cage. I could no longer style it the way I wanted so started buzzing to a #3. I now just buzz the whole thing with a #2. I save a crap load on haircuts, and just try to at the very least keep it neat.

BTW, your donor area looks pretty good, so as far as that goes at least you have hair available to transplant.

You had mentioned that you had taken propecia in the past and have stopped, why is that?

If I do try a buzz, what do you recommend? What would it look like if I had everything buzzed except the front? Is that possible?

Hey bro,

Propecia may be helpful in preventing further loss and maybe bring back the follicles that haven't been dormant permanently. Propecia can be double edge sword if you are one of many unlucky ones that have side effects. Propecia worked great from me, but the sides were too much. I choose to go bald rather than have hair with too many sides. The most of them weren't sexual but johnson did get smaller. Now i am off it i can tell the difference.
    Option 2: start nizoral, start minox, and dermaroller.

Option 3: try experimental anti-androgen with option 2. Such as CB0301. It may work. I think it can make a little to a lot of difference. I had minor sides, but not sure about long term side effects. Not enough research is done on its efficiency/safety.

Option 4: if you have the money get a hair transplant. I believe you are heading for norwood 7 right now. Can't be sure look at your family history to see what norwood are your dad and uncle?

Side note: Take care of yourself eat healthy and exercise. Don't let the hair loss stop you from enjoying life.

Realistically if any of the option works for you, you might be able to drop a norwood level down. If you are lucky maybe 2., but i doubt you can return to norwood 0. Maybe in the future there maybe better options.

Good luck bro.

Quote Originally Posted by ErikEverhard View Post
    If I do try a buzz, what do you recommend? What would it look like if I had everything buzzed except the front? Is that possible?
    I recommend going with at least a #3 everywhere, #2 if you can handle it. The reason why is because at the point we are at, the horse can be somewhat hidden, or not as obvious when it is cut short. I prefer a #2 because at the very least it looks neat. At a #3 it just didn't look clean enough for me. Maybe it will look good on you? If you are planning on doing it yourself, then just start off with a #4 or longer and see if you like what you see. Go shorter if you think you are fine with shorter hair.

FYI, not sure if you are in the US, but if you are, I just bought a good set of Wahl clippers from costco for $24.

Quote Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    BTW, your donor area looks pretty good, so as far as that goes at least you have hair available to transplant.

You had mentioned that you had taken propecia in the past and have stopped, why is that?
    I stopped because lost my job and money was low. When I was using it, I truly believe that it helped me maintain a great deal back than. I never ever had any side effects from it.

I have competed in bodybuilding shows standing on stage in front of close to a 1,000 people in basically a thong, and that has never bothered me. But when it comes to my hair, nothing gets me more self-conscious. I already suffer from depression and this situation just makes its 100 times worse. "Who in the world would date a guy with a slick, big, bald head", "My God that guys has to be one of the ugliest people I have ever seen."

Those are just a few of the wonderful thoughts that pop into my head.

Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

Hi Erik,
    I dont know your history but you said "Should I get back on propecia?"
    I noticed that you stopped using it due to your income.
    How long were you on Finasteride (Propecia) ?
    I recommend that you GET BACK ON IT.
    Also use the shampoo Nizarol 1% , in conjunction with the vitamin Biotin,
    Good luck brother ,,you have a bit more hair than I at this point

Quote Originally Posted by Artista View Post
    Hi Erik,
    I dont know your history but you said "Should I get back on propecia?"
    I noticed that you stopped using it due to your income.
    How long were you on Finasteride (Propecia) ?
    I recommend that you GET BACK ON IT.
    Also use the shampoo Nizarol 1% , in conjunction with the vitamin Biotin,
    Good luck brother ,,you have a bit more hair than I at this point
    If I remember correctly I was on it for maybe 3-4 years, and like I said it helped me maintain a great deal. I was using fincar. Like I said I stopped because of money and I just got complacent.

you should buzz