+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Atum View Post
    You know i started taking vitamin C 1g a day before i had hair loss. +2 bananas and kiwi's
    Now sometimes i take 1.5g depending if i have to workout or not, but still I encounter hair loss.

Maybe a tropical application of vitamin c will work?
    That's what it says you need topical application for it to get into the tissue, maybe jusining fresh oranges and having a hot shower to open the scalp pores then applying the juice may work?

Could the first problem be that vitamin c refers to multiple compounds http://www.sigmaaldrich.com/life-sci...ePage=14576679. I am not sure on how vitamin c is absorbed by the body and if it is converted on absorption.

I am not sold on vitamin C doing what they claim, and they certainly need to show the sample size, and all the details of how they came to that conclusion. Many times a small study will show something only to have another study contradict it and its only after a few studies that overall you see the big picture of the truth.
    I also feel some studies are biased from different sources or interests like companies selling certain fruits or vegetables or products just to sell more supplements or whatever. I have a hard time believing diet can stop or majorly influence MPB just because so many men whose father are bald also go bald regardless of their diets. You mean to tell me every single bald guy has had a horrible diet lacking enough vitamin C or fruit/vegetables? If not how are they going bald still if vitamin C does that?

Quote Originally Posted by burtandernie View Post
    I am not sold on vitamin C doing what they claim, and they certainly need to show the sample size, and all the details of how they came to that conclusion. Many times a small study will show something only to have another study contradict it and its only after a few studies that overall you see the big picture of the truth.
    I also feel some studies are biased from different sources or interests like companies selling certain fruits or vegetables or products just to sell more supplements or whatever. I have a hard time believing diet can stop or majorly influence MPB just because so many men whose father are bald also go bald regardless of their diets. You mean to tell me every single bald guy has had a horrible diet lacking enough vitamin C or fruit/vegetables? If not how are they going bald still if vitamin C does that?
    The amount of fruit I eat every day is quite big. For a while I used to eat at least 2 bananas per day. And most of the time I still do. So as you I am not sold that vitamin C is one of the culprits.
    I've been eating fruit for the last 5 years in large quantities, started to notice hair loss in winter 2010. So yeah...

Quote Originally Posted by Sogeking View Post
    The amount of fruit I eat every day is quite big. For a while I used to eat at least 2 bananas per day. And most of the time I still do. So as you I am not sold that vitamin C is one of the culprits.
    I've been eating fruit for the last 5 years in large quantities, started to notice hair loss in winter 2010. So yeah...
    A banana is only 12mg of vitamin c.
    Like i said before, i was on 1g of vitamin c, 2 banana's and 2 kiwi's a day since 2009 and noticed hairloss in the beginning of this year. But the OP stated that it's tropical use and not oral use.

Oh its topical? I remember reading a while ago that vitamin D not getting right was part of the problem and now its something with vitamin C

One thing is hair loss and another thing is hereditary baldness. For me it is hard to believe that some vitamin can cure hereditary baldness.

It has long been said about Melatonin also. Now Vitamin D and Vitamin C.

Anyway, who is to take the test, good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by JulioGP View Post
    One thing is hair loss and another thing is hereditary baldness. For me it is hard to believe that some vitamin can cure hereditary baldness.

It has long been said about Melatonin also. Now Vitamin D and Vitamin C.

Anyway, who is to take the test, good luck.
    Just to remember, here is a video about Vitamind D:
    http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/video...YWX4lFW4Ptq2F1

Quote Originally Posted by JulioGP View Post
    Just to remember, here is a video about Vitamind D:
    http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/video...YWX4lFW4Ptq2F1
    I've been taken vitamin D 5000IU every two/three days since last year in October. I do not take it when spring starts and during the summer, cause than you make it through sunlight, but i still have hairloss.

Haven't heard that Melatonin supposedly fights hairloss, but i have a bottle here of 3mg. Haven't applied none of them tropically, so maybe i should mix vitamin C,D and Melatonin and use it after a dermarolling session?

So lowering that dkk 1 would allow hair growth to function more normally. So there are no good ways to affect it through diet?