+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Dr. Cole regeneration

Dr. Cole has been claiming on average 50% regeneration. When are we going to see some proof of this? When is this going to be mainstream? 35YrsAfter, could we get some info on this? What did Dr. Cole say to setting up a website with case studies?

FTL

I think I saw a video clip on Youtube with Dr. Cole explaining the ACELL method where it was packed into extraction sites of follicles. IIRC, he said the main problem with ACELL not working as well as it should is due to leakage.

Now... I wonder how that affects Dr. Wesley's Pilofocus method? Would he apply ACELL from underneath (internally) as well while Dr. Cole applies externally, on top of the scalp?

I'm really curious... we should get before and after photos documented by Dr. Cole and see these claims.

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    I think I saw a video clip on Youtube with Dr. Cole explaining the ACELL method where it was packed into extraction sites of follicles. IIRC, he said the main problem with ACELL not working as well as it should is due to leakage.

Now... I wonder how that affects Dr. Wesley's Pilofocus method? Would he apply ACELL from underneath (internally) as well while Dr. Cole applies externally, on top of the scalp?

I'm really curious... we should get before and after photos documented by Dr. Cole and see these claims.
    Exactly what I was thinking. There are numerous doctors claiming regeneration of all sorts, but we haven't even seen any sufficient proof to show that regeneration is even a possibility at all. I don't care if it's 30% or 90%, I want to see that it is possible. Dr. Mwamba says he has been getting 30% regen as well with Acell...when are we going to see some proof and why aren't doctors sharing information together within the IAHRS to improve on this and find a viable cure via surgery.

Quote Originally Posted by FearTheLoss View Post
    Exactly what I was thinking. There are numerous doctors claiming regeneration of all sorts, but we haven't even seen any sufficient proof to show that regeneration is even a possibility at all. I don't care if it's 30% or 90%, I want to see that it is possible. Dr. Mwamba says he has been getting 30% regen as well with Acell...when are we going to see some proof and why aren't doctors sharing information together within the IAHRS to improve on this and find a viable cure via surgery.
    +effing1

I dont think any of us would have much of an issue if the cure meant surgeries so as long as the eventually outcome was full coverage. Regeneration should be a top priority for these docs to execute, document and for us to DEMAND THAT.

+effing1

I dont think any of us would have much of an issue if the cure meant surgeries so as long as the eventually outcome was full coverage. Regeneration should be a top priority for these docs to execute, document and for us to DEMAND THAT.
    I agree, how are top docs like Cole claiming regeneration but yet it's not a major topic of discussion at the conferences? It should be THE NUMBER ONE priority if they know it's possible. At least Dr. Wesley is taking this seriously. I just wish we knew what initial anecdotal evidence he has, as in, what percent was he seeing. Does Artista consider 30% breathtaking or does he consider 75% breathtaking?

35YrsAfter said he was going to talk to doctor Cole monday about releasing regeneration information and showing us proof and we haven't heard anything.

I comment doctor Cole for all of the work he does, as I think he is a caring doctor and one of the best in the world, but we need to see some proof of this and not just claims.

I commend Dr. Cole for experimenting as well. However, I will remain suspicious of his claims until he produces some proof. Dr. Cole has been critical of the claims of others such as Dr. Cooley (plucking claims) and Histogen. I think skepticism is always healthy. But, it seems to me he has not held himself to the same standards concerning his claim of regeneration.

Default Just asking

I completely understand that people on this forum consider regeneration to be unsubstantiated claims, but wouldn't 50% regeneration be a type of baldness panacea? If it takes about 1,500 grafts per Norwood class to get good coverage then a NW7 would need around 10,500 grafts. So, if you could get 50% regeneration with the first and each subsequent surgery (assuming 6,000 grafts for the first), that could be over 10,500 grafts in total. Is this line of thinking correct? Please enlighten me.

Quote Originally Posted by hirsute View Post
    I completely understand that people on this forum consider regeneration to be unsubstantiated claims, but wouldn't 50% regeneration be a type of baldness panacea? If it takes about 1,500 grafts per Norwood class to get good coverage then a NW7 would need around 10,500 grafts. So, if you could get 50% regeneration with the first and each subsequent surgery (assuming 6,000 grafts for the first), that could be over 10,500 grafts in total. Is this line of thinking correct? Please enlighten me.
    Yes, your thinking is absolutely correct. This is exactly the kind of thinking I had with Dr. Gho's procedure however nobody has seen anyone get that many grafts eventhough Dr. Gho claims 85% regeneration.

I'm hoping Dr. Wesley's method with Pilofocus and ACELL will provide our desired results.

I'm hoping Dr. Wesley's method with Pilofocus and ACELL will provide our desired results.
    Stop dreaming...
    Quote Originally Posted by John P. Cole, MD View Post

I found him to be bright and personable. I enjoyed his presentation. I do not think he will see any regeneration from Acell unless he comes up with a different method of extraction, however. He cores out a punch biopsy with anything from a 2.0 mm punch, which is huge, to a 1.2 mm punch. In doing so, he removes all of the stem cells, which is part of his rationale for limited the incision depth to 1 mm below the skin surface. You can pack this hole with all the Acell you want, but the only stem cells remaining are those from adipose tissue and some dermis. You have removed the entire bulge, all of the CK15 positive cells and all of the CD 34 stem cells. You have no hair follicle stem cells remaining.
    [...]
    I worry about how the healing will be in the subcutaneous adipose and lower dermis. Acell may help this form more normal tissue, but there will be no hair follicles.

the beauty of our work is [applying ACell into FUE wounds] that we are getting flawless healing and some follicle regeneration. All we need to do now is first finalize our follow up studies and second find a way to seal the donor area with a more affordable price and a product that is commercially available.

Still I love what he is doing and look forward to getting my hands on a unit some day. There are going to be some FDA hurdles to get this device approved because it has a ton of technology in it including lasers, etc.
    Concerning Pilofocus, I think the same as Dr. Cole. And concerning Dr. Cole's work with ACell:
    The "some follicle regeneration" claim reflects just his transection rate; meaning, the more follicle regeneration he can see in a patient's donor area, the larger has been his transection rate; = more unusable grafts for the recipient area ...

Quote Originally Posted by 534623 View Post
    Stop dreaming...

Concerning Pilofocus, I think the same as Dr. Cole. And concerning Dr. Cole's work with ACell:
    The "some follicle regeneration" claim reflects just his transection rate; meaning, the more follicle regeneration he can see in a patient's donor area, the larger has been his transection rate; = more unusable grafts for the recipient area ...
    You're not as bright as you once seemed Ironman. Dr. Wesley's device has the ability to pinpoint parts of the graft and extract accurately every time. Therefore, he could extract the entire graft accurately and have almost a 100% survival rate. ON THE OTHER HAND, he has the ability to accurately remove part of the graft, even more accurately than you beloved Gho. So we should see a higher regeneration rate than Gho's 20-40%.